[APP] Weather Station 2.1.0.5

Search This thread

cool_sid007

Apr 5, 2011
Vapi
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Battery Usage

Hey guys!!

I am keen to understand what is the impact on battery life if i keep running this app or refreshing the widget say every 30 mins. I am a fan of live temperature but i dont want to put it up if it will use my precious battery. Expecting responses from people already using it.

ivolino

Jul 12, 2013
Temperature is not working with Galaxy S4 Active

Temperature and humidity is not working with Galaxy S4 Active.

gRRosminet

Jul 24, 2009
Tours
hi

nice work

it would be nice if you can add some features like :
-widget update at screen on
-try to imagine a correlation between internal temperature and external temperature to make a correction : when device is on, it's temperature rise up (your hands are hot and processor too) and the sensor is perturbed as it is mis located :( I know it's a hardware layout problem, but maybe something can be done about that

david916

Jun 15, 2013
Saint-Cannat (France)
Great app, really! I bought the PRO version to thank the good work already done.
I am very interested in Barometric Altimeter function, and I am trying to understand how this one is working, and how to get the more accurate value....But i am not really clear with the Sea Level Pressure, and its usage....compare to the GPS Altitude values.
I explain:
I went to various weather forecast websites, and was able to find SLP for my area...(1018mb at that time)
I key this 1018 mb in the settings of your app...but Resulting Altitude shown are different by 50 meters (or even more)
Barometric Altitude reported as 213m (which is the real altitude of my place...)
GPS altitude reported as 261m...which is definitively wrong!
Hard to believe that GPS (bad) accuray can be the only reason for this 50m delta...
Also, is there any way to get this SLP values updated automatically by the app...(GPS could help to locate my area, and get a live value of SLP...from a national weather forecast service...)...so the barometric altitude is corrected automatically?
thanks.

jsstp24n5

Apr 7, 2013
CT
Great app, really! I bought the PRO version to thank the good work already done.
I am very interested in Barometric Altimeter function, and I am trying to understand how this one is working, and how to get the more accurate value....But i am not really clear with the Sea Level Pressure, and its usage....compare to the GPS Altitude values.
I explain:
I went to various weather forecast websites, and was able to find SLP for my area...(1018mb at that time)
I key this 1018 mb in the settings of your app...but Resulting Altitude shown are different by 50 meters (or even more)
Barometric Altitude reported as 213m (which is the real altitude of my place...)
GPS altitude reported as 261m...which is definitively wrong!
Hard to believe that GPS (bad) accuray can be the only reason for this 50m delta...
Also, is there any way to get this SLP values updated automatically by the app...(GPS could help to locate my area, and get a live value of SLP...from a national weather forecast service...)...so the barometric altitude is corrected automatically?
thanks.

GPS Altitude is not relative to the mean sea level but to the WGS 84 Geoid (this is true for any GPS device):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Geodetic_System

Since at the moment the app doesn't use the internet, I would treat the Barometric Altitude as the Pressure Altitude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_altitude) and leave the SLP at 1013.25 mb or whatever the mean SLP over the year is at your location. Keep in mind that both altitude readings are inherently not designed to show the real Geometric altitude.

albireox

Nov 25, 2009
Timisoara
Very nice and useful app, but at least on the Note3, it seems to cause some battery drain, even if the data is updated once every 1.5 hours. On the S4 it was ok.

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
Any app which uses the internal sensors will consume little juice. This is a nice app, but I'm kinda liking the Sensor indicator now.

ivom1965

Jan 13, 2014
lodi
save data to dropbox

Hello,
I found your app very cool! Is it possible send automatically the background readings data to dropbox at regular time interval?
Thank's for very good job
:cowboy:

muiacir

Nov 8, 2013
I use the widget of that
But when i am in a weather with 2 degree below zero(celius) it takes to many times that it shows the temp.why?

Ledanur

Apr 6, 2011
Haifa
Loving the app.
Was wondering what are you working on these days, what goodies should we expect?
Material design? Qnh support? Moon widget?

Hope everything's well, and keep up with the good work :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Galaxy S4 and Note 3 are the only Android devices right now with ambient temperature and humidity sensors. This Weather Station app I developed (free and with no ads) utilizes these sensors and additional ones to the full delight of amateur and pro meteorologists:

Weather Station

Donate

v2.1.0.5:
    -Fix for pre Android 4.4 devices' widgets not updating automatically with Update On Press enabled
    v2.1.0.4:
    -Fix for widget indicators always showing no change
    v2.1.0.3:
    -Fix for Android 4.4+ intermittent temperature issues
    v2.1.0.2:
    -Small bug fixes
    v2.1.0.1:
    -Fix for abs. humidity, dew point, mixing ratio, and heat index not updating on widgets and graphs
    v2.1.0:
    -General battery use improvements
    -General UI improvements
    -Printing support for Android 4.4+
    -Bug fixes
    v2.0.2:
    -added Density Altitude
    -bug fixes
    -added Ukrainian translation
    v2.0.1.1:
    -bug fixes
    -updated Portuguese translation
    v2.0.1:
    -nicer y-axis graph labels formatting
    -larger default font size for lockscreen widgets
    -can now specify different font size for lockscreen widgets
    -added Finnish translation; completed Russian & Spanish
    v2.0.0:
    -Completely new code architecture (for this reason you will have to uninstall and reboot)
    -Updated appearance for app and widgets
    -Mixing Ratio, Heat Index, Illuminance, |Magnetic Field|, Barometric and GPS Altitude added
    -Widgets can now have multiple readings, update on tap, and no indicators
    -New unit choices for Mixing Ratio and Elevation/Altitude
    -Ability to clear saved background readings
    -Nicer y-tick intervals on graphs
    -Export multiple readings simultaneously

----------

String resources from this app are attached for translation only. Do not assume you can use them in your own app without talking to me. If you want to use the strings in a revenue generating app please pm or email me beforehand for permission.

----------

Translating strings and arrays in res.zip:

All who help with translations will be acknowledged in the app. The res/values directory contains the files strings_localizable.xml and arrays_localizable.xml with the English (US) words and phrases that would need to translated. As an example here is how the translation to Brazilian Portuguese worked:

Step 1) Copy the strings_localizable.xml and arrays_localizable.xml files from res/values to another location.

Step 2) Complete the translation of the words and phrases inside the xml tags.

Example 1:

<string name="app_name">Weather Station</string>

becomes

<string name="app_name">Estação Meteorológica</string>

Example 2:

<string-array name="pref_notifications_when_entries">
    <item>Rising</item>
    <item>Falling</item>
    </string-array>

becomes

<string-array name="pref_notifications_when_entries">
    <item>Subindo</item>
    <item>Caindo</item>
    </string-array>

Step 3) The translated files are placed into a new directory inside the res directory called values-pt (or values-pt-rBR). I can take care of this last step I just need to know what language it is and if it is limited to a regional dialect.
    Version 2 is finally done and has been released. Because it is a completely new code architecture, it will require an uninstall and reboot. It has many new requested features and other new stuff, etc. See the OP for details.
    Dude, read the ops first sentence...

Sent from my SGSIII
    Works in other devices?

The pressure will work on any device that has a barometer (e.g. Nexus 4, Galaxy S3, etc). The temp and humidity will only work on a Galaxy S4 b/c it is the only device right now with a ambient thermometer and hygrometer.
    Here is an update to the portuguese translation.