[Q] 4.4.2 issues

Search This thread

InvaderSkooge

Apr 8, 2013
so I took my sprint htc one with viperone loaded and did an ruu back to 4.3 version wiping everything, I successfully got my over the air update to 4.4.2 and decided I'd try to back down to 4.3 so I could restore my twrp viper backup however twrp won't flash currently and I think I caused issues with my bootloader. Since there is no 4.4.2 ruu available yet and I can still get to bootloader, but not recovery, I think I'm still not completely bricked. I've tried a factory restore but I end up at the white screen with green htc letters and it never goes further. Could flashing the 4.4.2 stock recovery fix my issue?

Any attempt to do manual ruu flash, fastboot flash zip rom.zip, fails with this message

target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
sending 'zip' (1082662 KB)...
OKAY [ 53.293s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) zip header checking...
(bootloader) zip info parsing...
(bootloader) Read zipped android_info fail
FAILED (remote: 24 parsing android-info fail)
finished. total time: 68.408s

current revs

m7_wls pvt ship s-on rh
hboot-1.56.0000
radio-1.00.20.1108
os-4.06.651.4

at this point I'd just like it to boot to android, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

InvaderSkooge

Apr 8, 2013
Lock bootloader and run the latest ruu

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding, I think I'ved tried every combination of locked and unlocked bootloaders but hey what have I got to lose at this point.
ran fastboot oem lock

ran latest ruu I could find, RUU_M7_WL_JB43_SENSE50_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_3.04.651.2_Radio_1.00.20.0913_3_NV_SPCS_4.38_003_release_335355_signed_2.exe

I get error [155] unknown error

this worked to flash from viper one then take all the OTA updates to 4.4.2 but now I get this 155 error

I think I have to wait for the 4.4.2 ruu to be released to get back to a fully functioning but I wanted to check around.

InvaderSkooge

Apr 8, 2013
AFAIK that's not correct. Try firewater http://firewater-soff.com

looks like firewater requires being able to boot into android and I can't get past the white screen with green HTC letters, I can get into the bootloader and fastboot but can't get further than that.

btw I really do appreciate the comments and suggestions, I feel like I'm just being negative and shooting each one down but I really am trying them as you post them before replying just in case I've missed something.

I can understand the older ruu versions failing as it won't let you downgrade firmwares with s-on but I'd think that some of the posted roms would work. is it possible to extract the boot and recovery from a 4.4.2 upgraded handset for flashing on another?

Last edited:

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
looks like firewater requires being able to boot into android and I can't get past the white screen with green HTC letters, I can get into the bootloader and fastboot but can't get further than that.

Reflash the latest TWRP and than flash a 4.4.2 rom, I don't see why it shouldn't work. If you really messed up(flashed some gsm rom or whatever) you'll probably have to wait for the 4.4.2 ruu to come out

Reactions: InvaderSkooge

InvaderSkooge

Apr 8, 2013
Reflash the latest TWRP and than flash a 4.4.2 rom, I don't see why it shouldn't work. If you really messed up(flashed some gsm rom or whatever) you'll probably have to wait for the 4.4.2 ruu to come out

ok I'm an idiot, thanks for bearing with me here, I had tried twrp load again several times, using 2.6.3.3 instead of 2.6.3.0....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.