Noob to rooting! Help with simple questions??

Search This thread

koolkat

Sep 4, 2007
Hi guys,

I've looked around however didn't find the answers so thought I'd just ask as might be useful for someone else too..

I want to install fonts on my Z1 Compact, however understand I need to root my device in order to do this.

I don't particularly want to change my rom or anything as quite happy with it.. Do I have a choice? Also, I'm assuming will lose all my personalisations during the process? Folders and icon location within my menu etc.

Basically, what is the most minimal disruptive way to be able to change fonts on my Device?!

X

x102x96x

i

Hi guys,

I've looked around however didn't find the answers so thought I'd just ask as might be useful for someone else too..

I want to install fonts on my Z1 Compact, however understand I need to root my device in order to do this.

I don't particularly want to change my rom or anything as quite happy with it.. Do I have a choice? Also, I'm assuming will lose all my personalisations during the process? Folders and icon location within my menu etc.

Basically, what is the most minimal disruptive way to be able to change fonts on my Device?!

u have to root if u want to change font on stock launcher.
but u can install custom launcher and change font of it. and if u want xperia look on ur phone do this;
install nova, apex launcher > install a Xperia theme
but even in this way u won't be able to change system fonts.

and when u root ur device without unlocking-bootloader i think u won't lose ur data.
cause unlocking-bootloader will erase all ur data (like factory reset)
u need to read about it in dev section carefully and follow instructions
i recommend u to search doomLord works for ur phone (if there is)
check this

:good: