[ROM][vk810][altev][KK][4.4.2][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11) [20140601]

Search This thread

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis
Is this a daily driver ? Coming from stock I should root, install twrp, backup n,, wipe then flash rom& gapps?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis
I'm still running 4.2.2 I'm trying to root using kingo but the USB debug option isn't highlighted I can't turn it on.
I want to run cm11 I have the lte gpad
Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

cobra7361

Nov 10, 2013
I'm still running 4.2.2 I'm trying to root using kingo but the USB debug option isn't highlighted I can't turn it on.
I want to run cm11 I have the lte gpad

In order for kingo to see ur device you have to select internet and then modem and make sure u have USB debugging selected and
Unknown source selected..
And in order to install twrp u will have to have adb on ur computer
Also with this ROM there is no 4g yet....just wifi

Reactions: lilmeanz

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis
I totally forgot about adb I've been flashing Samsung for so long. Thanks

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis
I use WiFi or Hotspot from my phone

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I don't understand twrp installation

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
I flashed the ROM. I am unable to connect to my Google account, so email, calendar, etc. are not updating. I get an error about the wrong version of something but I'm not sure what it is referring to because I cannot see the entire message.

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis
There is only one person working on this ROM - paperWastage. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.
I'm use to flashing Samsung roms I'm rooted running 4.2.2 jb no custom recovery. I don't know how to install twrp cuz I don't know what or where terminal in located. If I ever get twrp installed and flash cm11 will this give me kit Katt? Is external SD supported? Is it stable enough to be a daily driver? I only us WiFi or Hotspot so 4G or knock won't matter. Thanks for any feedback

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
I'm use to flashing Samsung roms I'm rooted running 4.2.2 jb no custom recovery. I don't know how to install twrp cuz I don't know what or where terminal in located. If I ever get twrp installed and flash cm11 will this give me kit Katt? Is external SD supported? Is it stable enough to be a daily driver? I only us WiFi or Hotspot so 4G or knock won't matter. Thanks for any feedback

To answer your questions:

Installing TWRP - this thread - "terminal" is Command Prompt in Windows

CM11 is based on KitKat so yes, if you install CM11 on the vk810 you will have KitKat.

Yes, external SD is supported.

It is NOT stable enough to be a daily driver IMO. I had no luck getting to my Google account with it.

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis

CM11 is based on KitKat so yes, if you install CM11 on the vk810 you will have KitKat.

It is NOT stable enough to be a daily driver IMO. I had no luck getting to my Google account with it.
Did you try a different gapps?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

zupa6aze.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Did I do something wrong?

lilmeanz

Sep 15, 2012
Memphis

I dirty flashed by mistake everything works so o well

Sent from my vk810 using Tapatalk

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
I did a Factory Reset and installed the latest CM11 we have, GApps and SuperUser. I am still unable to sync my Google accounts - GMail, Calender, etc. This is very frustrating since everything else is smooth as silk.

popezaphod

Nov 22, 2010
Oswego, NY
I would love to know which one I should use. I used the 20140606 one.

EDIT: I tried the 20140105 one as well - which should be the correct one for 4.4.2 - to no avail. I am going to try a massive wipe and reinstall today to see what happens.

Last edited:

mopperx2

Oct 21, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
twitter.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][vk810][altev] Cyanogenmod 11 (CM11)

Code:
    *** Disclamer

This is only for the vk810 Verizon LTE model (product name altev)

Introduction
    I'm basically just curious and willing to learn, and fill in the gap when there is a gap (eg no one compiling a custom ROM/kernel for a device, and sources/device-tree/kernel are available, I'll try to do it)

I try to post steps/sources so that other people can learn/follow as well.

If someone wants to take over compiling this ROM, go ahead.

If I don't update the build for a long time, PM me to remind me.

Installation instructions
    1. Need latest custom recovery (TWRP, ...?). You can use towelroot or this offline root or Kingo online-root (nor preferred) to root from stock ROM
    2. Do nandroid backup in recovery
    3. Wipe dalvik/cache/system
    4. This ROM is only for vk810 verizon LTE-version only.
    5. Flash this CM11 4.4.2 ROM. boot.img will be LOKI-patched during flash.
    6. (optional) Flash gapps-4.4 (find it yourself), flash SuperSU (find it yourself)
    7. reboot to ROM

Download
    Current ROMs:
    [20140601] pure CM11: http://d-h.st/XcF
    Changes: Fixed sensors (rotation, gyroscope, magnetic, light, acceleration,...)

Older ROMs:
    [20140522] pure CM11: http://d-h.st/FDP

Bugs?
    What doesn't work?
    - Anything that's broken on the wifi-version of CM11 is broken here too
    --- (Knock on works, knock off doesn't)
    --- IR sensor broken
    - Broken on vk810:
    --- LTE/mobile data
    --- GPS
    --- Sensors: Gyroscope for autorotate, compass, light sensor, ... Fixed in 20140601 build
    --- date/time isn't updated properly on first boot, but updates across subsequent reboots/shutdowns
    - You tell me

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    cyanogenmod dev team for source/kernel build-up
    omni team for omni source
    drgravy for TWRP
    anyone else who contributed to the development of v500/v510/vk810

Sources:
    https://github.com/ngvincent/vendor_lge.git (branch=kk4.4), forked from cmbroms
    https://github.com/ngvincent/android_kernel_lge_vk810.git (branch=cm-11.0), default CM11.0 kernel with some vk810-specific changes
    https://github.com/ngvincent/android_device_lge_v500.git (branch=cm-11.0, default CM11.0 devicetree with common config pulled out
    https://github.com/ngvincent/android_device_lge_vk810.git (branch=cm-11.0, default CM11.0 devicetree with some vk810-specific changes
    [ROM][vk810][altev][KK][4.4.4][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 (CM11) [20150119]

i39jxg.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7r1me21kh4cxxl/cm-11-20150119-UNOFFICIAL-vk810.zip?dl=0

As I had mentioned in my prior post, I am taking over this project for paperWastage. Here is my first build. Aside from the update to Android 4.4.4, there are no major changes. Anything that didn't work before (4G, IR sensor) still doesn't work. I'll begin working on getting mobile data working soon.

As usual, flash in recovery. Since this is a version upgrade, you will need to do a full system wipe and factory reset or else it will not boot after flashing.

Flash Gapps as usual. Please contact me with any found bugs
    We'll have official CM in the semi-near future anyway.

I do find it crappy how the community views CyanogenMod (the community side) as it relates the the corporate side.

I've done (and still do) lots of work for community CyanogenMod in the past years and its terrible to see people stop working on devices because of gross misconceptions on how the corporate side affects the community.

Regardless, a topic for another thread. I'll leave this with you:
    http://i.imgur.com/7nX7d3D.png
    Okay, so from here forward I'm going to basically be using this dev thread as my brain dump on this project so I can go back and review my "notes" and any of you who have insights into what I'm doing can possibly help.

Here is where it stands: we have/had a working ROM based on the V500.
    I have tried starting over from scratch and ran into a ton of problems, most of which were already fixed in the existing CM11 ROM.
    I wiped out my CM11 source tree and rebuilt if from the ground up

NOTES for myself

source build/envsetup.sh and not ./build/envsetup.sh (facepalm)

I need to officially fork the original repos and start my own on github.

The issue with 4G seems to be a matter of the kernel not being compiled with all the drivers. I'm assuming this is because the kernel config that was being used to compile is the one from the V500 (which obviously doesn't have the drivers, seems pretty logical).

So the issue at this point is to be able to generate a bootable working kernel which includes the 4G driver. The way that the official kernel is built from source is nonspecific as to how the kernel is configd . it calls "altev-perf_defconfig" as the kernel config definition by the script "make_defconfig.sh". I think that if I were to merge the VK810 kernel source into the CM11 source tree (again... I wiped out my build environment, mind you), do a simple

grep -rl "altev" ./kernel/ | xargs sed -i "s/altev/vk810/g"

should replace all instances of altev with vk810, and then I save altev-perf_defconfig as "kernel.config" in the kernel/lge/vk810/ because if I'm seeing things right, the build is using "make_awifi070u_defconfig.sh". The naming conventions don't appear to be completely consistent across devices. But this is going to be the golden ticket, figuring out how to make the compile job build the kernel against the altev_perf-defconfig instead of the one it is using. I need to look at the code more, but it looks like LG uses the same kernel source for many devices and builds the kernels for the individual devices using individual defconfig files (kernel configs).

looking here http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_integrated_kernel_building it looks like I can manually specify the kernel config in BoardConfig.mk

eg;
    TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG = kernel/lge/arch/arm/configs/altev_perf-defconfig
    TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG = altev_perf-defconfig
    target kernel config already points to kernel/device/arch/arm/configs and usually uses cyanogenmod_device-defconfig

After looking at the file 'cyanogenmod_vk810-defconfig' it turns out the file was automatically generated and does not contain all the variables defined by the official LGE kernel, (but does have a few hundred unused ones).

With any luck, I'll be able to take the new build when it's done and then just build the boot image incorporating the changes, eg; mka bootimage.

Now we are getting somewhere...

Trying to compile CM11 against the static zImage binary kernel that results from compiling using the LGE method results in a non-booting system, so it seems the kernel absolutely needs to be built against the CM11 source at compile time.

I'm in the middle of a compile so I can't change anything until its done, but I'll look at it when I get home this evening. Try not to get your hopes up prematurely, but I think I've had a break through. Unfortunately I have to wait until after the current compile is done (making sure that I can in fact build this from source without errors... you never know! sometimes git commits break stuff).
    I'm working with paperWastage on taking over this project. As it stands, I plan on continuing with CM11. I'm not ready to jump to CM12 yet, mainly because I use xposed framework and need a few things that it provides. My first goal is to bring the existing CM11 build up to ver. 4.4.4. The next major goal is going to be enabling 4G.