[Theme] [3/11/11] RoyalBread | rotary/tab lockscreen toggle added!!! [v4] [AOSP]

Search This thread

bendbowden

May 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
snap20110306_202323.png
snap20110307_175211.png
snap20110306_202335.png
snap20110306_052121.png
snap20110228_125203.png
snap20110306_051249.png
snap20110311_202538.png
snap20110306_205648.png
snap20110306_201912.png
snap20110306_051135.png
snap20110306_051142.png
snap20110306_051139.png
snap20110306_051147.png
snap20110306_051125.png

To ensure complete compatibility, this is now a full aosp build compiled from jt1134's source . For anyone interested, my overlay vendor for royalbread is available on github.

As far as installation is concerned.....if you are already running aosp there should be no need to wipe. Flash rom then flash the themed gapps package below. If you are coming from a touchwiz based rom you should follow standard procedure - wipe data/cache, flash rom, install one of jt's kernels from here, and install themed gapps package below.

For those of you wondering why I chose to follow OMJ's lead and include a themed full build/rom, my answer is simple.....compatibility. I found a couple of issues when flashing the previous hack-theme by itself over different flavors of vanilla froyo (i.e. nextheme). Those issues no longer exist. This should make your life and my life much easier.

As for the theme itself.....in my mind it is pretty much complete. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, however, feel free to submit them below.

***I have no interest in making a touchwiz version of this theme, but if anyone else would like to feel free to have at it.***

Update v4
- Added rotary/tab lockscreen toggle to Spareparts. You can now toggle the lockscreens without the need to reboot. Credit to cvpcs from ccroms for the base code. BIG thanks to jt1134 for helping me locate a couple of pesky typos in my code that were messing up the compile. EDIT: moved rotary toggle to the top of the extras menu in SpareParts which is probably where I should have put it to begin with (see pic above).
- Tab answer for incoming calls is now the default, but I have included a Phone.apk below with rotary answer for those that prefer it. Just adb push to /system/app or move with a file manager.
- Thank god I have the day off tomorrow because I stayed up way too late tonight working on this. ;)

Update v3.5
- Added an alternate tab unlock version for those that prefer it over the rotary (like myself). Phone.apk also modded to use tab controls for incoming calls on that version. BTW: the alternate version maintains previous cm features added by jt1134 (i.e. music controls on lockscreen & menu button unlock option in spare parts). No need to worry about that. :)

Update v3 (3/6/11)
- Assigned reboot option its own image so that it no longer defaults to use the power off image.
- Removed 'Verizon Wireless' text on lockscreen and statusbar expanded. Replaced with theme name.
- Themed pretty much every appwidget that comes stock (i.e. deskclock, voicesearch, geniewidget, calendar provider, etc.).
- A few more image changes that I can't remember atm. Now to focus on merging updates with SunnyBread vendor. :D

Update v2 (3/4/11)
- Cleaned up a few images framework-res.apk.
- Edited progress_horizontal.xml to include the rich blue of the theme (it was a tad too light imo).
- Uploaded overlay vendor to my github for easy upkeep.

Credits
- jt1134 - we would be aosp-less without him.
- OMJ - for the gingerbread overlay which is the base for mine. His guide on compiling from source was also very helpful.
- sonnysekhon - grabbed a few images from his nexus s theme.

Downloads
Royal Bread AOSP
Rotary Phone Controls
RoyalBread Gapps

Last edited:
Reactions: NOsquid and psykdup

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
looks good :)....aosp seems to be getting the best themes these days (and deservedly so imo)

tapout27

Aug 14, 2009
Nashville
I am now running AOSP just for this theme...truly awesome work...Thanks alot

Just so you know, if you didnt already...I post all your themes/mods over on DroidForums.net...I pretty much post everything for the Fascinate made by this community over there for all to enjoy...:D

Thanks again :D

bendbowden

May 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
great job as usual! gotta drop by irc too...we havent seen ya in awhile :)

Thanks. I'll be in there tomorrow am to hang with TeamSbrissenMod.

I am now running AOSP just for this theme...truly awesome work...Thanks alot

Just so you know, if you didnt already...I post all your themes/mods over on DroidForums.net...I pretty much post everything for the Fascinate made by this community over there for all to enjoy...:D

Thanks again :D

Thanks man. Yeah, I've just stuck with posting to xda for easier upkeep. Glad you are sharing on DroidForums.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    snap20110306_202323.png
    snap20110307_175211.png
    snap20110306_202335.png
    snap20110306_052121.png
    snap20110228_125203.png
    snap20110306_051249.png
    snap20110311_202538.png
    snap20110306_205648.png
    snap20110306_201912.png
    snap20110306_051135.png
    snap20110306_051142.png
    snap20110306_051139.png
    snap20110306_051147.png
    snap20110306_051125.png

To ensure complete compatibility, this is now a full aosp build compiled from jt1134's source . For anyone interested, my overlay vendor for royalbread is available on github.

As far as installation is concerned.....if you are already running aosp there should be no need to wipe. Flash rom then flash the themed gapps package below. If you are coming from a touchwiz based rom you should follow standard procedure - wipe data/cache, flash rom, install one of jt's kernels from here, and install themed gapps package below.

For those of you wondering why I chose to follow OMJ's lead and include a themed full build/rom, my answer is simple.....compatibility. I found a couple of issues when flashing the previous hack-theme by itself over different flavors of vanilla froyo (i.e. nextheme). Those issues no longer exist. This should make your life and my life much easier.

As for the theme itself.....in my mind it is pretty much complete. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, however, feel free to submit them below.

***I have no interest in making a touchwiz version of this theme, but if anyone else would like to feel free to have at it.***

Update v4
    - Added rotary/tab lockscreen toggle to Spareparts. You can now toggle the lockscreens without the need to reboot. Credit to cvpcs from ccroms for the base code. BIG thanks to jt1134 for helping me locate a couple of pesky typos in my code that were messing up the compile. EDIT: moved rotary toggle to the top of the extras menu in SpareParts which is probably where I should have put it to begin with (see pic above).
    - Tab answer for incoming calls is now the default, but I have included a Phone.apk below with rotary answer for those that prefer it. Just adb push to /system/app or move with a file manager.
    - Thank god I have the day off tomorrow because I stayed up way too late tonight working on this. ;)

Update v3.5
    - Added an alternate tab unlock version for those that prefer it over the rotary (like myself). Phone.apk also modded to use tab controls for incoming calls on that version. BTW: the alternate version maintains previous cm features added by jt1134 (i.e. music controls on lockscreen & menu button unlock option in spare parts). No need to worry about that. :)

Update v3 (3/6/11)
    - Assigned reboot option its own image so that it no longer defaults to use the power off image.
    - Removed 'Verizon Wireless' text on lockscreen and statusbar expanded. Replaced with theme name.
    - Themed pretty much every appwidget that comes stock (i.e. deskclock, voicesearch, geniewidget, calendar provider, etc.).
    - A few more image changes that I can't remember atm. Now to focus on merging updates with SunnyBread vendor. :D

Update v2 (3/4/11)
    - Cleaned up a few images framework-res.apk.
    - Edited progress_horizontal.xml to include the rich blue of the theme (it was a tad too light imo).
    - Uploaded overlay vendor to my github for easy upkeep.

Credits
    - jt1134 - we would be aosp-less without him.
    - OMJ - for the gingerbread overlay which is the base for mine. His guide on compiling from source was also very helpful.
    - sonnysekhon - grabbed a few images from his nexus s theme.

Downloads
    Royal Bread AOSP
    Rotary Phone Controls
    RoyalBread Gapps
    OP updated once again with some pretty big changes. Now to focus on merging updates with SunnyBread vendor.
    awesome theme will this work on a MT4G?

Clearly fascinate files should not be flashed on an htc phone....that's common sense 101