[Q] Hard Reset leads to SW Upgrade - Is Gingerbread out already for G2x?!

Search This thread

k12.usmc

Apr 23, 2011
I am new to android. I came from the Nokia N900.

Heres my problem/ situation:
This is the second time I have done the Vol down + Power reset but this time however I got a "S/W Upgrade screen" "Please wait while upgrading..." Is this normal after the hard reset and I should probably shoot myself or did I just get lucky!

Update: after 20 mins of no change decided to remove the battery because it was getting hot, retried again and got the normal hard reset of the unpacking android icon, not sure what happened before, if anyone has seen the "S/W Upgrade screen" "Please wait while upgrading..." screen before and know the details behind it that would be cool.

Last edited:

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
So are. You saying I have to press and hold the vol-down after releasing it the first time to enter recovery

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Man, if I'd set up a web site and sold this information for €0.01c each time I would be rich.

Hold VOL_DOWN then press & hold POWER
Keep both pressed UNTIL the recovery menu appears then release POWER then release VOL_DOWN

;)

worker1

May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Man, if I'd set up a web site and sold this information for €0.01c each time I would be rich.

Keep both pressed UNTIL the recovery menu appears then release POWER then release VOL_DOWN

;)

I had the S/W Update screen and I pulled the battery. I don't want updates, I want to install the latest CM7 nightly!

m_malyszko

Mar 6, 2008

;)

How can i get into the firmware flash loader, my phone isn't bricked, i just want to flash lg's (not tmobile's) gingerbread update over the existing gingerbread rom when my gf got her phone from tmobile last week. and tmobile has pulled the g2x again because tmobile's gingerbread update is broken again. only the lg rom is good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, it's the firmware flash loader.

You didn't follow the same procedure each time.

Hold and release vol_dwn = S/W upgrade, hold and hold vol_dwn = Recovery.

Whilst holding power of course.

Booting to stock recovery will hard reset your device.