[LEAK][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A100_1.012.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

sikesjb

Oct 29, 2010
East Texas
Awesome!

Yeah, running rootkeeper as well. I swapped SD back to stock as I lost everything on my last manual update.

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Nope RootKeeper didn't seem to work for me. I went back into the app after ICS update, and pressed restore, it said success. But I didn't get root back :(

Reactions: sikesjb

sikesjb

Oct 29, 2010
East Texas
Yeah, no luck with terminal emulator root either. :(

Runs pretty smooth though....

Where's this Acer Ring??

Last edited:

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
We don't have face unlock in this leak :-( . Everything seems to run smoothly, it seems like Acer has removed all of its blootware from this rom.

thebluetoothkid

Feb 10, 2008
Both camera's work. The GPS seems to get a lock a lot quicker on mine...almost instant.

Web browsing seems faster. scrolling is quicker

Love the fact you can scroll into widgets while in the app menu

I like the embedded google+ app

I don't know if it's me but the icons for apps in the menu seem the tiniest bit larger?

but it works great and took less then 5 mins to update. Haven't tried the face lock yet

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Love the fact there is a data monitor build into settings and the talking menu is fantastic....

I think I need to step away from the tablet. I'm getting to excited.

sikesjb

Oct 29, 2010
East Texas
changed the zip to update.zip right?

Might delete any other update.zip files on your external sd before placing the new on on there instead of overwriting....if you have any others on there.

I would repeat the process from scratch.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
The stock browser is pretty zippy compared to HComb, Chrome does work but its got some glitches, something of the app I presume. I like the new keyboard, if only for aesthetics.

I'm not sure why, but Tapatalk HD is useless when signed in to XDA, force stops Evey time.

Is it me or has Dolby Mobile behaviour changed? Beforehand I couldn't turn it on without having headphones plugged in.

littleemp

May 18, 2011
The stock browser is pretty zippy compared to HComb, Chrome does work but its got some glitches, something of the app I presume. I like the new keyboard, if only for aesthetics.

I'm not sure why, but Tapatalk HD is useless when signed in to XDA, force stops Evey time.

Is it me or has Dolby Mobile behaviour changed? Beforehand I couldn't turn it on without having headphones plugged in.

I don't know if its changed, but I hear some faint cracking from the speakers, so I turned it off for now. Glitches like that are to be expected.

The one thing that surprised and I don't know what to make of it is that the bootloader was updated during the process.

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
This just had to come out right as I decided to get rid of my A100. Oh well, I guess I'll keep it for a bit longer and play with ICS before I throw in on craigslist.

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I found the screen sensitivity is a lot better now, I'm not accidently pressing things I didn't intend to. Also, I find the ROM a lot snappier. Overall, a great upgrade :)

I'm definitely with you on that, this is more akin to how the Honeycomb build was with all of the tweaks that Crossix, Icewyng et al strived to give us through the build.prop (my one real hankering for root atm).

I haven't noticed crackling but I haven't exactly used it with everything silent in the room. Been on Mass Effect most of the day ha.

I saw that the bootloader was updated as well, shame really as it'll probably lock it down further knowing Acer. But kudos to them on a solid ICS build.

A few other things I've noted throughout my day of use;

Lockscreen now rotates pretty well (never did before for me)
YouTube can now be rotated 180 when playing full screen
If you look in the widgets, that nice patch work clock from the A200 has made it's way over.

Top Liked Posts