[Q] Help with phone, trying to restore recovery/OS but can't put any files on it!

Search This thread

RCizzle65

Sep 22, 2012
I have an LG G2 D800 with Cyanogenmod on it right now, and Clockwork Mod for my recovery. When booting into CWM, it gives me these errors:

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Also, when in the OS (in Cyanodenmod), when I plug it in, it won't let me drag any files onto it. The Google Play Store keeps on crashing too. What I want to do is just flash a new recovery, then wipe away CM and start it again. It's kind of hard right now though because I have no idea how I can get the files on my phone to do this, any help will be appreciated.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Those errors aren't going to affect installing or backing up anything. For the Play Store - are you sure you have the correct version of Gapps? As far as connecting to the computer, what happens? Does your PC recognize and just not load the drivers correctly? You've chosen MTP? Toggled USB Debugging? But as far as getting the new rom on your phone... Well the phone boots so why not just download it straight to the phone?

RCizzle65

Sep 22, 2012
Those errors aren't going to affect installing or backing up anything. For the Play Store - are you sure you have the correct version of Gapps? As far as connecting to the computer, what happens? Does your PC recognize and just not load the drivers correctly? You've chosen MTP? Toggled USB Debugging? But as far as getting the new rom on your phone... Well the phone boots so why not just download it straight to the phone?

Yeah, my phone wasn't working so I installed the version of CM that I keep on my phone just in case something messes up, and I installed the same Gapps that worked back then as well. The PC recognizes the phone, and I can click it, but no files show up on the file explorer. I even tried installing drivers again, and I'm using the LG Mobile Support Tool to try to install it back to stock, but it won't even show up on that. Yeah MTP and USB Debugging is fine. I tried downloading stuff, I wanted to download flashify, but anything I try to download through the regular browser makes the phone crash. Yeah, it's been a huge mess, and I feel lost lol.

RCizzle65

Sep 22, 2012
Do you have adb set up? If you look at your Device Manager on your PC, does the phone show up?

Yeah, the phone shows up on device manager, but when I click on it, there are no files on it at all and I can't copy anything onto it. Also, on the phone itself, it says there are only 8 gigs left, which is how much I had before I tried to restore the phone.