[Q] Settings lost after reboot

Search This thread

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
Hey Guys,
I have a small problem with my HTC one s S4. I'm currently on viper 3.1.2 and everytime after I reboot some systems settings are gone. When I change my DPI for example nothing happens after a reboot(it stays on the same 240). I can't use a adblock(since it has to reboot) or change my boot animation. I can change the settings successfully but after a reboot the settings are back to stock

I'm thinking that the problem it's that I'm s-on. My hboot is 2.15

It's there anyone with a solution?
Thanks in advance:)

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hey Guys,
I have a small problem with my HTC one s S4. I'm currently on viper 3.1.2 and everytime after I reboot some systems settings are gone. When I change my DPI for example nothing happens after a reboot(it stays on the same 240). I can't use a adblock(since it has to reboot) or change my boot animation. I can change the settings successfully but after a reboot the settings are back to stock

I'm thinking that the problem it's that I'm s-on. My hboot is 2.15

It's there anyone with a solution?
Thanks in advance:)

Thats not caused by S-ON :) Have you manually changed any read/write permission or installed another kernel or any "..." scripts? Wiped cache/dalvik btw?

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for your quick response. I didn't change any write permissions or something like that. I haven't done any wiping and the image shows my kernel

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396476695898.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396476695898.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 13

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
The Rom is working completely fine. Apps for example stay installed. The problem occurs when I change a system setting. I can change the bootanimation.zip and change the permission, but after a reboot it's back to stock, even though I deleted the stock. Same happens when I change the dpi.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
The Rom is working completely fine. Apps for example stay installed. The problem occurs when I change a system setting. I can change the bootanimation.zip and change the permission, but after a reboot it's back to stock, even though I deleted the stock. Same happens when I change the dpi.

The only case I can remember something like that is when superuser wasn't working properly. If only file related operations on /system partition get reverted you should try SuperSU flashing via RECOVERY and check the R/W permissions anf if the kernel may be does not feature mounting /system as R/W. Also try another filemanager please. I prefer using Total Commander

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
I tried the Sipersu and out didn't work. Also tried another file manager but that didn't work either. So I think it might be the kernel. I tried to enable mount system rw on venom tweaks, but (as you can expect) that was reversed after a reboot

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396510198331.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396510198331.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 10

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I tried the Sipersu and out didn't work. Also tried another file manager but that didn't work either. So I think it might be the kernel. I tried to enable mount system rw on venom tweaks, but (as you can expect) that was reversed after a reboot

Viper changelog:

"ViperOne S 3.1.0
Fixed Gallery FC when trying to view images from MMS and other sources
Fixed statusbar icons for T-Mobile users
Fixed wrong color being applied when using overscroll tweak
Fixed image artifacting on some overscroll colors
Removed /system RW protection for S-On users (thanks to @flar2, S-On users will need to manually flash their appropriate boot.img found in /sdcard/downloads/ViperOneS_3.0.1_3.1.0.zip)
Removed Disable logcat tweak (caused GAPPS FC)"

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
I don't want to sound like a noob or something, but I already flashed boot.img when I flashed the Rom in the beginning. Do I have to flash it again just once or everytime I change a system settings?

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I don't want to sound like a noob or something, but I already flashed boot.img when I flashed the Rom in the beginning. Do I have to flash it again just once or everytime I change a system settings?

I did not say you did anything wrong or be a noob. I just read the changelog and for me it seems as from version 3.10+ you should be able to R/W system.

But may be you just ask in the rom thread?

BoazCoenraad

Dec 23, 2010
I did not say you did anything wrong or be a noob. I just read the changelog and for me it seems as from version 3.10+ you should be able to R/W system.

But may be you just ask in the rom thread?

Before I forget to mention, the problem occurs on other ROMS as well, but I'm gonna ask my question in the Viper section. Thanks in advance!

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Have you just tried stock based roms? Or e.g. CM11 too. If its on all roms you should go back to stock once using the matching RUU. Keep in mind to change CID to original before run the RUU.

Sent from my loved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)