[Q] WiFi incompatibility between xt925 and TP-Link AV200

Search This thread

jstrunk

Dec 8, 2010
I added a TP-Link AV200 Nano and two AV200 WiFi extenders to my home network. It now consists of the cablemodem/wireless access point connected by an ethernet cable to the AV200 Nano and two other wireless access points on the powerline network. Every access point has the same SSID, and WPA2 key. They are each on their own channel across 1, 6, and 11.

I have three laptops, a Sony Xperia TX android phone, and a Nexus 7 that all work very well connected to any of the APs.

I also have a Motorola RAZR HD(Rogers) that works fine when connected to the cablemodem's AP, but not the powerline APs. The behavior is weird. This phone shows a strong connection to the wireless network that never cuts out, but there is extremely high packet loss. I've tested with both powerline APs separately. I get the same results.

I have made sure that the TP-Link devices all have the latest firmware. The problematic phone has been tested with the latest stock rom, Cyanogenmod 10.2 and 11. I have tried radio firmwares from different retailers and stock versions. My understanding is that current cyanogenmods come with and install the latest radio firmwares.

I contacted TP-Link. They confirmed that I am using the latest possible firmware but insisted that this is a problem with my phone.

How can I further diagnose this issue? It seems weird that the phone appears to have a good wireless connection, but network traffic has problems.