ART removed in stock 4.4.3

Search This thread

Koopa777

May 18, 2012
Only on manta. It's available on my hammerhead, but not on this. First the translucency, now this....What the hell Google? :(

ravenofdoom

Mar 18, 2011
ART was never available on the Nexus 10 - including on 4.4.2. It's only on limited android devices (not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this)... for example, it's on my GS5 running 4.4.2, but not on my girlfriend's GS4 also on 4.4.2.

Reactions: kirev

abufrejoval

Dec 26, 2010
Frankfurt
It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.

Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Don't think it's the space: My N7 2012 and N10 are both 32GByte devices with a unified file system layout so there is tons of space.

I've seen comments that indicated that ART was tuned for Qualcom CPUs and wouldn't deliver performance advantages on Tegra3 (N7 2012) or Exynos (N10).

OmniROM has it available on both but I've never bothered to compare and it may actually be pretty difficult to do.

Hi,

The data partition is separated from the system partition, therefore the only way to solve the no space would be repartition the device, which is a risky procedure. For example, my Galaxy S4 was a 16GB device, with only 9GB available to the user, because the rest was taken by system and cache for example.

~Lord

butchy93

Aug 10, 2010
Paris
It is only available on devices that have the ROM space for it without repartitioning. The N7 2012 and N10 do not have the space for ART. That is also why other N10 ROMS do have it because they can exclude stuff that Google includes.

Does it means that the N10 will not have the 4.5/5 update who is supposed to be ART only?

hanspampel

Dec 7, 2011
ART will be standard in "Android L", so i think all will get this compiler who gets the new android. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ART was never available on the Nexus 10 - including on 4.4.2. It's only on limited android devices (not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this)... for example, it's on my GS5 running 4.4.2, but not on my girlfriend's GS4 also on 4.4.2.
    not sure which ones are selected for having the option to choose this