[help] I can't root my galaxy y!!!!

Search This thread

fabiofacir

Dec 28, 2013
what did the output of the script say - did you get a build prop error or did it say it had done it

do you have a gt-s5360 or is it a varient for example gt-s5360t

you can try root it via your pc

Make sure USB debugging is enabled (goto phone settings - applications - development)

ill provide link in a min

The phone is a gt-s5360 i'm 100% sure.., i tried to root it via pc with 2 programs, one was "unlock root"..

I also did upload the aroma root log in attach... Is This answer to your first question?.. I don't have any errors

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
The phone is a gt-s5360 i'm 100% sure.., i tried to root it via pc with 2 programs, one was "unlock root"..

I also did upload the aroma root log in attach... Is This answer to your first question?.. I don't have any errors

it didnt copy files to system either because system was not mounted or its the wrong device - if system is mounted it will show - "unmount system"
if system is not mounted it will show "mount system"

use the other zip i posted a min ago - you can flash that in stock recovery so you dont need cwm

make sure usb debugging is enabled

fabiofacir

Dec 28, 2013
I did as you sad.. I enabled usb debbuging i flashed update zip and i finnaly found super user. When i open it it says that binnary is outdate i just click in update, the process starts but it gives error and forced shutdown of app. Also if i check in root checker it says that root is not done..

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

I did as you sad.. I enabled usb debbuging i flashed update zip and i finnaly found super user. When i open it it says that binnary is outdate i just click in update, the process starts but it gives error and forced shutdown of app. Also if i check in root checker it says that root is not done..

Try universal gb root (google it buddy). Or you can flash the .zip again via temp CWM.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

try with the first zip I gave you but flash valkyrie zip in cwm with system mounted

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
yeah I google it, but all download files are protected by surveys.. do you know any working link?

Valkyrie_1_5E? I gave you the link to it

here it is again

enable usb debugging in phone settings - applications - development
goto recovery
flash cwm which you can download here
goto mounts and storage
make sure system is mounted (should say "unmount system" - if it says "mount system" select it so it changes to "unmount system"
flash Valkyrie_1_5E which you can download from here
restart

fabiofacir

Dec 28, 2013
Valkyrie_1_5E? I gave you the link to it

here it is again

enable usb debugging in phone settings - applications - development
goto recovery
flash cwm which you can download here
goto mounts and storage
make sure system is mounted (should say "unmount system" - if it says "mount system" select it so it changes to "unmount system"
flash Valkyrie_1_5E which you can download from here
restart

I did all as you say but I don't works I can't get root acess!!
Where can I find files for the "universal root" ??

Even if I can't root my phone how can I get network unlock??

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I did all as you say but I don't works I can't get root acess!!
Where can I find files for the "universal root" ??

Even if I can't root my phone how can I get network unlock??

dokys galaxy toolbox to sim unlock

that zip works on gt-s5360 - I use it all the time - have you looked to see if it is actually a gt-s5360 or a varient eg 5360t or another varient

Top Liked Posts