Search This thread

chris...

Sep 24, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Just installed 10-07 and WiFi tethering doesn't work. Can't see the phone from the laptop or tablet.
Is there anything in data I should wipe?
I assume we will need to wipe data to test JB?

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

roryx_8

Jun 10, 2012
a question quark rom installed doing a backup and restore nomas? normally defy xq (network Common lens) does not work installing the zip

Gafanhotz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 7, 2011
@Auris I still prefering Firefox or the native browser, I've used OM for 3 years on Symbian (it gave a lot of headaches) and on Android it have the same old interface as Symbian. But if you say so, i'll look into it.

But I'm still waiting for a new ICS nightly that fix the Flash Player bug. Hope Quarx look into it, that's the only thing that, if got fixed, can bring to us the first CM9 RC.

Last edited:

Gafanhotz

Sep 7, 2011
@Auris:

I can't remember what version it was, i'll look into it. But, to run future builds of the Jelly, I don't have the obligation of flashing the DHT22 kernel, right?

For those who need the Defy+ Battery Fix: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9WzmIoibFmiUnR2Q2RkQm9teE0
I've made it using the battd file from Quarx builds and the "zip" of Defy Red Lense fix from Auris as basis to make this fix flashable through CWM.

Last edited:

mv80

Apr 11, 2012
A CM10 prealpha release, in this moment...i suppose means have a CM9 stable will be just a dream. :(

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
Gafanhotz, i have defy+ bl7 originally was 2.3.6 do i need that battery fix? What is it used for? My battery seems to be working fine (except the fact it doesn t seem to last so long..)

Also, now that jb is out, will ics be still supported? Will we see new builds coming out? Maybe less frequently? Or should we consider 10july build the last stable one? I m asking this because i would like to wait for the really last ics stable build, install it, and keep it for long.. don t want to keep updating jb builds as i did recently with ics builds.. also because i always do a fresh install without backup so i always have to reinstall everything.. :angel::)

Thanks bye

Last edited:

Gafanhotz

Sep 7, 2011
Gafanhotz, i have defy+ bl7 originally was 2.3.6 do i need that battery fix? What is it used for? My battery seems to be working fine (except the fact it doesn t seem to last so long..)

Also, now that jb is out, will ics be still supported? Will we see new builds coming out? Maybe less frequently? Or should we consider 10july build the last stable one? I m asking this because i would like to wait for the really last ics stable build, install it, and keep it for long.. don t want to keep updating jb builds as i did recently with ics builds.. also because i always do a fresh install without backup so i always have to reinstall everything.. :angel::)

Thanks bye

The battery fix is needed for those who use Epyslon rom or still having the problem on Quarx build that the battery doesn't charge up to 100%.

ICS will be supported until JB gets Stable, don't worry. New builds will come out as soon as Quarx improve it more and more. But yeah, It will be less frequently.

Husi10

Feb 25, 2012
On Quarx 07/10 all files with specials letter (like é,à,è,ê...) aren't displayed. I'm on multiboot, can be the cause ?

Husi10

Feb 25, 2012
IS in every ROM ob multiboot.

Thank you !
So multiboot is just for testing, my music folders include special characters (in France we use a lot of them) so I can't listen my music on multiboot.
But great job to all dev, Rom are even better on Defy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, guys, since adi4motion's thread got locked and the new thread turned into SPAM without any useful information and got moved to the General section, we don't have a thread for Quarx's GB builds. Therefore I am creating this thread to keep track of Quarx's builds. I will do my best to keep it as up-to-date as humanly possible.

NB! This thread does not aim to collect "Thanks". I'd rather answer to questions here, where everyone can benefit from the answers, than having to answer the same questions over and over again on PM.

I'm not taking any credit for this! Please, do not thank me! If you want to thank somebody, thank Quarx, Epsylon3 and maniac103, as they are the ones, responsible for all that! Better yet, you can consider some donations to them for all their continuous efforts!:​

Quarx - donations
    Epsylon - donations
    maniac103 - donations

Also, consider thanking:
    adi4motion, parts of whose old thread I am using in this and
    nogoodusername, who has been keeping track of bugs and has helped many people get their phones up and running. (Please forgive me if I have missed to give credit to somebody).

Defy+ Builds
    Latest Defy+ build: 16-July-2012
    Older Defy+ builds: here

Defy Builds
    Latest Defy build: 16-July-2012
    Older Defy builds: here

Flashing instructions​
    NB! Before you start flashing, make sure your battery is charged at least at 50% (fully charged recommended)!​

1. Download your preferred build and put it on your SD card
    2. Download your preferred kernel and put it on your SD card (skip this step if you own Defy+)

3. Download the latest gapps and put it on your SD card

Head over to Stable recovery from Boot menu
    4. Wipe data/factory reset (only if doing a fresh install; skip if upgrading from an earlier Nightly) (Optionally you can make a Nandroid backup before wiping data)
    5. Wipe cache partition (you can skip this step if you performed Step 4)
    6. Wipe Dalvik cache

7. Install Froyo kernel if you are flashing the Defy build (ex. if you own a green-lensed Defy) or a GB kernel if you are flashing the Defy+ build (ex. if you own a red-lensed Defy ) (Skip if you own Defy+!)
    8. Install your Nightly build
    9. Install gapps
    10. Install ICS Defy Red Lense Battery fix (only if you have Defy with red lense)
    11. Wipe cache and Dalvik cache; Reboot.

NB! First boot may take up to 10 minutes.

After you have flashed CM9 kernel and your system booted up, you can try flashing the 4.5.2_DHT-22 kernel (mandatory on top of CM9) - some users have found it to be more battery efficient.

Upgrading nightlies

1. Install new nightly build
    2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache (optional)
    3. Reboot

+ICS bugs (all kernel versions) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1381887

Bugs/not working yet

- managed mode tethering still does not work

Apex Launcher as system app​

For a really smooth and snappy launcher experience, I recommend using Apex launcher and adding it to the whitelist in your build.prop file.

1. Download Apex.apk file
    2. Via root explorer place it in /system/app
    3. Set its permissions to 0644 (rw-r--r--)
    4. Reboot and enjoy your smooth and snappy launcher :)

If I have missed some useful information, you can PM me and I'll do my best to add it within 24 hours and credit you for this!

Here are some screenshots:
    Jellybean started on defy! :)
    lookscreen awesome!
    Some progress with 4.1 http://epsy.ath.cx:888/paste/?639 :D
    so close... soon it should work, i think :)
    New build support HwaSettings app.
    Fixed gray videos. :)
    fyi, new defy+ build at http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-defy+ ... let me check it out, I thought I saw something about app2sd in the commits..
    Yes, option for install on SD card now available :)