[How To] Add More Apps in Ultra Power Saving Mode (UPSM)

Search This thread

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
UPSM is good way to save some battery when needed, but only a very limited apps we can use under UPSM. With root access, we can add more apps support in UPSM.

Well, the whole idea of UPSM is to save battery, why on earth we want to add more apps to drain the battery? Because we can :victory:

For the start, our mod will add a few applications so you can test it out before customizing your own application list.

Apps added in our mod:

1) Camera
2) Gallery
3) Torch (included AOSP torch.apk for this feature)
4) Chrome
5) Hangout

Instruction to add more apps to UPSM

1) Download the UPSM_Add_More_Apps.zip from : http://electron-team.com/ADDONS/other/

2) Put zip file in sd card.

3) Boot in recovery and clear cache partition

4) Flash the zip file and reboot your phone

5) Boot into UPSM to test the added applications

How to add your own apps?

6) Go to system/csc and open up allowed_apps_upsm.xml with text editor

7) Add your desired applications. You need to know the application Package Name and the Main Class Name. Check the app's Android.Manifest.xml to find out.

8) Then go to phone data/data/com.sec.android.emergencylauncher/databases/ and delete EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db

9) Reboot your phone.

10) Done.

Note: Music app doesn't work in UPSM because some background services has been turn off.

Wish to have Xposed module or app to easily add more app to UPSM? Me too. Let's hope somebody could make one in future.:fingers-crossed:

Eteam

Nic wu

Apr 10, 2014
thank you very much

in the other hand,can somebody make a apk or an easy way to find out own apk's className and packageName ........

as a Chinese , hope that can someone understand my poor English........

PS: can you make a new xml add a apk call " wechat " ? it is use often in china

Last edited:

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
thank you very much

in the other hand,can somebody make a apk or an easy way to find out own apk's className and packageName ........

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4wdk1r20qafdcd/allowed_apps_upsm.xml

Push it to system/csc and set permission rw-r--r--
Delete EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db at data/data/com.sec EmergencyLauncher/databases
Reboot

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

scumpicule

Jun 28, 2012
Hunedoara
Reactions: Nic wu

Nic wu

Apr 10, 2014

Delete EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db at data/data/com.sec EmergencyLauncher/databases
Reboot

thank you very much :good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

thank you very much :good::good::good:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
UPSM is good way to save some battery when needed, but only a very limited apps we can use under UPSM. With root access, we can add more apps support in UPSM.

Well, the whole idea of UPSM is to save battery, why on earth we want to add more apps to drain the battery? Because we can :victory:

For the start, our mod will add a few applications so you can test it out before customizing your own application list.

Apps added in our mod:

1) Camera
2) Gallery
4) Chrome
5) Hangout

1) Download the UPSM_Add_More_Apps.zip from : http://electron-team.com/ADDONS/other/

7) Add your desired applications. You need to know the application Package Name and the Main Class Name. Check the app's Android.Manifest.xml to find out.

8) Then go to phone data/data/com.sec.android.emergencylauncher/databases/ and delete EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db

9) Reboot your phone.

10) Done.

Note: Music app doesn't work in UPSM because some background services has been turn off.

Wish to have Xposed module or app to easily add more app to UPSM? Me too. Let's hope somebody could make one in future.:fingers-crossed:

Eteam

My S5 does not have in system/csc a file named "allowed_apps_upsm.xml". It only has: contents.db, customer.xml, default_workspace.xml, feature.xml, others.xml, and sales_code.dat. Help?! :D

Also will this work on a Sprint Galaxy S5? (SM-G900P)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-14-14-04-56.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-14-04-56.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,360
Last edited:

pszafer

Jun 10, 2013
Poznań
hello, is it possible to have gps turned on while screen is off.
I want to run Sports Tracker in this mode, but it stops working after turning off the screen

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
My S5 does not have in system/csc a file named "allowed_apps_upsm.xml". It only has: contents.db, customer.xml, default_workspace.xml, feature.xml, others.xml, and sales_code.dat. Help?! :D

if it doesnt have that file you can add it. No problem. Take one of the files published ona previous page, copy it into system/csc and give rw-r-r permissions. then reboot. It should work on all devices, including sprint. Cheers! :)

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
I don't have in com.android.sec.emergencylauncher this file.......db And upsm manager don't work on omega 7.1 why ?

Last edited:

h3x3d

May 28, 2010
Obviously if you run more apps, you'll use some more power when you're using those new apps in power save mode. But will adding more to the menu use any more power while you're not using these?

What I'm really trying to establish is if there's any negative point to adding more apps in power save mode.

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
Obviously if you run more apps, you'll use some more power when you're using those new apps in power save mode. But will adding more to the menu use any more power while you're not using these?

What I'm really trying to establish is if there's any negative point to adding more apps in power save mode.

Hey mate, I think I came across something today that may answer your question.

After adding settings with UPSM manager, I went into "manage apps" and discovered that whilst in this mode, all apps are marked as "disabled" except for those that work in upsm.

Based on this observation, it seems like UPSM actually disables all apps (and by consequence their background services) to save battery, not just hiding them.

So to answer your question, I'd guess that adding more apps will not in itself cause battery drain, unless the apps have battery/ram consuming background services. Therefore my approach is to enable as few apps as I need (whatsapp, music etc), whilst leaving off apps like facebook which has notifications etc.

Hope that helps you or someone :)

azrickster

Jun 15, 2010
Work with NE5?

Does this work with NE5? I can't seem to get it to work. I am stock rooted without tripping KNOX.

I don't have either of the mentioned files:

system/csc/allowed_apps_upsm.xml
data/data/com.sec.android.emergencylauncher/databases/EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db

I don't even have the data/data/com.sec.android.emergencylauncher/databases directory.

Tried using the app and that adds the system/csc/allowed_apps_upsm.xml file but it doesn't affect the available applications list in UPM mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Apps added in our mod:

1) Camera
    2) Gallery
    4) Chrome
    5) Hangout

9) Reboot your phone.

10) Done.

Eteam
    I made a quick app to easily add more apps to the upsm list. I am still testing it to make sure it is writing the list right. I will share it soon enough.
    thank you very much

Reboot

if it doesnt have that file you can add it. No problem. Take one of the files published ona previous page, copy it into system/csc and give rw-r-r permissions. then reboot. It should work on all devices, including sprint. Cheers! :)
    oh. big good new. big thank