Milestone FAQs and inquiries unrelated to Dev

Search This thread

jackfrost3821

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I asked this question on many forums but never got any replies.Hope I'll get one here :)
Whenever I run applications and going back to home screen it takes atleast 5-10 seconds to load all widgetsand icons.
Is this problem with everyone??
I have milestone xt720.My phone is even overclocked it to 1ghz
fix my problem...
Please

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com
I asked this question on many forums but never got any replies.Hope I'll get one here :)
Whenever I run applications and going back to home screen it takes atleast 5-10 seconds to load all widgetsand icons.
Is this problem with everyone??
I have milestone xt720.My phone is even overclocked it to 1ghz
fix my problem...
Please

Does this happen on 2.2.1 or in 2.1 ?

If you are using Launcher Pro or ADW just apply the "Keep in memory" option from launcher's preferences...

thesmoth

Jul 6, 2010
I may buy a motorola milestone X720 from wind mobile in Canada.

This is phone good, and can I root this phone and use the roms included on these forums for the milestone (are they they same phone?).

Also can it overclock easily to 1 ghz from 720 mhz?

Overall people are happy with this phone?

ankit360

Oct 29, 2008
Thane
i m planing to buy Motorola Milestone A853

i m buying this because it has ARM v7 processor so i can play adobe flash

is Motorola give support to this phone with android 2.2 and adobe flash ?

another question is this phone has 256mb ram but how actual free ram i get on stock rom ?

is divx avi file [pc resolution ] work smooth on this phone with help of third-party software ?

i m currently using samsung spica and need to upgrade to this phone because 5mp camera + high resolution + arm v7 for adobe flash

vladstercr

Oct 24, 2010
readandgetrich.com

another question is this phone has 256mb ram but how actual free ram i get on stock rom ?

is divx avi file [pc resolution ] work smooth on this phone with help of third-party software ?

i m currently using samsung spica and need to upgrade to this phone because 5mp camera + high resolution + arm v7 for adobe flash

1. Yes...Froyo 2.2 will be released these days. We might possibly get Gingerbread 2.3...but there is a long way until then and it is still uncertain..buy yes... 2.2 is on it's way.

2. I dont understand your question. Either way, RAM management seems to be improved in 2.2

3. Yes...Milestone 1 can easily play divx, avi files.

Reactions: ankit360

humminghockey

Oct 15, 2010
MIUI

Can anyone leave down the step to flash miui.
I tried G.O.T open recovery i coulded find miui in the open recovery

ankit360

Oct 29, 2008
Thane
1. Yes...Froyo 2.2 will be released these days. We might possibly get Gingerbread 2.3...but there is a long way until then and it is still uncertain..buy yes... 2.2 is on it's way.

2. I dont understand your question. Either way, RAM management seems to be improved in 2.2

thanks for reply actually i want to know how much free ram you get on this phone ?

S

sileshnair

Can anyone leave down the step to flash miui.
I tried G.O.T open recovery i coulded find miui in the open recovery

Procedure.

1. Download Androidiani Open Recovery from here.

2. Download miui rom from here or here based on whether you want english localization.

3. Extract the contents of the Openrecovery zip to the root of your sdcard. You should have an update.zip file and a openrecovery folder.

4. Copy the miui rom to the updates folder inside openrecovery folder.( openrecovery/updates)

5. Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik/cache/data, choose apply update option and select the miui rom from the list. Wait till it finishes.

6. Reboot.

If all went well, you should be running miui on your stone.

cheers

S

sileshnair

how do you install motofrenzy image?
i wiped my phone with openrecovery already . and now i just don't know how to install the images . it tells me to put it in nandroid/adbrecovery , but there isn't a folder in my phone like that . do i make one myself ?

If you have taken a nandroid backup, the folder is created automatically. Else you need to create the folder manually.

Also note that Dex uses the old format of nandroid backup, ie.. only 1 md5 file for all images. So you should use the appropriate OR while applying the backup. I think he suggests OR 1.14.

Check his post for that.

onesimus7

Nov 10, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've purchased my Milestone, with Eclair installed with it. Then i flashed it to GOT FroYo 2.2.1. I found an interesting Custom ROM (CHARITY ROM), which says it'll double my battery life, it's a lot more faster and stable.

My Phone is already rooted, ROM Manager, SuperUser is also installed but whenever i try flashing the said custom ROM, it never succeeds. Updating process stops on 1/3 of the process then reboots. After several failure attempts, i tried to reflash the original Telus, 2.2.1 and never installed, tried the same procedure, but without any luck. The outcome is the same, it fails in 1/3 of the update process then reboots.

I don't seem to know the problem of my phone. Can anybody help me with this?:confused:

Last edited:

puffo81

Apr 20, 2010
Bologna
It doesn't work simply because it's not for your Milestone! =)

it's a ROM for Droid, that even if similar, it's not the Milestone, so the ROM is not compatible..

Ruffian

Dec 7, 2004
im (im)patiently waiting for the official froyo update for my uk milestone, gone from q4 2010 to q1 2011 it seems....

My questions is once its released what is the update process for my phone? as its has the vulnerable recovery flashed and is rooted and overclocked.
Can i just flash that official update and im still rooted and able to overclock?

S

sileshnair

im (im)patiently waiting for the official froyo update for my uk milestone, gone from q4 2010 to q1 2011 it seems....

My questions is once its released what is the update process for my phone? as its has the vulnerable recovery flashed and is rooted and overclocked.
Can i just flash that official update and im still rooted and able to overclock?

You will have to get it back to stock if you want to apply the OTA update. But, some talented dev will get it rooted in no time. So you just need to wait till that happens.

Ruffian

Dec 7, 2004
ahhh ok so when it is actually released ill have to get the phone back to stock before i can even flash it? loosing root for awhile..

Last edited:

Lleviathan

Jun 30, 2008
Identify Radio?

I sent my Milestone, bought in Canada, for repairs while living in Thailand. It was replaced by Motorola Hong Kong with a refurb. There isn't 3G signal where I live in Thailand for me to test 3G. What I want is to make sure I have the correct version of the phone, with the radio that supports the 3G frequencies used in Canada. So I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to identify which radio version I have in software, or by reading a model number/imei etc?

2. Is changing the radio frequencies possible when flashing new/different roms or using openrecovery? I have seen instructions in a few ROM guides that mention flashing a certain file for different radio support.

Thanks

S

sileshnair

I sent my Milestone, bought in Canada, for repairs while living in Thailand. It was replaced by Motorola Hong Kong with a refurb. There isn't 3G signal where I live in Thailand for me to test 3G. What I want is to make sure I have the correct version of the phone, with the radio that supports the 3G frequencies used in Canada. So I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to identify which radio version I have in software, or by reading a model number/imei etc?

2. Is changing the radio frequencies possible when flashing new/different roms or using openrecovery? I have seen instructions in a few ROM guides that mention flashing a certain file for different radio support.

Thanks

You can flash the required radio files for the country or area you are in to get the required frequencies.

You can check here for a list of available frequencies. Check the " Quick FAQ- Milestone" towards the end of the page.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

That's as good as it gets... which is pretty good actually.
    Because you can control how much free ram you have.