[ROM] GingerICE 2.1 (Android 2.3.6 EU based, Custom .35 Kernel with OC capability)

Search This thread

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Exactly,sorry I forgot about data wich could affect rom settings. It is better not to restore them especially when it goes about system data or settings.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App

No worries man. Goin to flash the rom again this evening and see how it goes again

nightmaker

Sep 14, 2009
@qzem

Sorry if you already know this, but Script Manager faces force close with ICS. Hence I can't get V6 script or another script running with your ROM.

Or is it only me again?

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
@qzem

Sorry if you already know this, but Script Manager faces force close with ICS. Hence I can't get V6 script or another script running with your ROM.

Or is it only me again?

Nope same happens me as well but i'm not experiencing any major lags so don't mind or no force closing. Just really testing the battery out

Actually. When i updated go launcher ex. And exited out of the market. I was brought straight back to the set up screen(green android logo, as if i booted up phone for the first time) and had to go through the procedure of setting up the phone only it force closes half way through and the phone goes back to normal?? Happened both times i flashed the rom as i updated go launcher each time through the market

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
@qzem

Or is it only me again?

When does script manager force closes? Right after running it or when trying to run the script? Sorry guys if you are having apps problems, I'm still learning this modding stuff. I'll do my best to get it working. I didn't run script, but script manager opens ok.

Nope same happens me as well but i'm not experiencing any major lags so don't mind or no force closing. Just really testing the battery out

Actually. When i updated go launcher ex. And exited out of the market. I was brought straight back to the set up screen(green android logo, as if i booted up phone for the first time) and had to go through the procedure of setting up the phone only it force closes half way through and the phone goes back to normal?? Happened both times i flashed the rom as i updated go launcher each time through the market

I've just updatet GO Launcher Ex with no problems :confused:. I will soon post new version, with updated go launcher and other apps included. Maybe something else too:).

Last edited:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
When does script manager force closes? Right after running it or when trying to run the script? Sorry guys if you are having apps problems, I'm still learning this modding stuff. I'll do my best to get it working.

Happend me after i got the v6 script fully working. As in 100% supercharged and the launcher is bulletproof and ran the 99superchargerscript in root and run as boot. Then when i reboot for the final time it comes up script manager forced closed(some info after but dont remember it) I know you prob need the info to help you but just got pissed off and reflashed the rom again and using it without any memory management

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I've just updatet GO Launcher Ex with no problems :confused:. I will soon post new version, with updated go launcher and other apps included. Maybe something else too:).

Yeah i dont know how i managed to get the bug. Like i said happened me twice each time time i flashed the rom and went onto the market, It suggested to update go launcher i did and both times i got the start up screen and forced closed. But the rom is still working so dont know

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Happend me after i got the v6 script fully working. As in 100% supercharged and the launcher is bulletproof and ran the 99superchargerscript in root and run as boot. Then when i reboot for the final time it comes up script manager forced closed(some info after but dont remember it) I know you prob need the info to help you but just got pissed off and reflashed the rom again and using it without any memory management

Did you unistall ram manager befor running scripts? Running both, could cause some conflicts.

Last edited:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
In Gingerice 2.0. You are using cow's kernal and oc capabilities are you also using his 360mb or ram as well, might be a silly question but just to be clear about it

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
In Gingerice 2.0. You are using cow's kernal and oc capabilities are you also using his 360mb or ram as well, might be a silly question but just to be clear about it

Yes, I've added in the description. File will be uploaded in 20-30 minutes, cause I had to reupload it.

RadBFD

Jan 7, 2012
Wasteland
I have a one, simple question. Is there a Polish language? Cos right now I have two Galaxy W phones right now. One is mine and the other one is my friends and he's Polish.

FelixAusChina

Jan 7, 2012
thanks for your great job, qzem, but could you tell us which languages there are in your rom? maybe in your first post? thanks soooooooooooooooo much:D

english no doubt,but deutsch and chinese?

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
This is EU based rom, therefor no chinese language. I can do a little research if there is any easy way to add it.

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
Need help... I had accidentally place the GingerIce 2.0 in to my external_sd and now I had wipe data, system, cache but i can't found the rom to install. I forget a nandroid backup too.

Can anyone help me?

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
If you are using cwm recovery then you must go in Install zip from sdcard -> Choose zip from external sd. It is the last option I think.

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
Unfortunately, I am using RZ recovery, when I choose external.sd, it show empty. Any other way to save my phone?

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
You could move zip file to internal sdcard,with adb commands. Run recovery and connect it to your phone. Than use adb shell to move or copy zip file.

adb shell
cd /mnt/emmc/
cp GingerICE_2.0 /sdcard/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I just wanna share with you my modification of KezraPlane's rom V4. I called it GingerICE, cause I want to give this rom a little of ICS flavour :). I took chrsi555 ported notifications and build them into rom, so that you don't need to flash them separately. I've also removed TouchwizUI. Most of the samsung apps are removed (all the hubs :D, and other s*** stuff, inlcluding Kies, and all samsung widgets). I've tried to strip this rom as much as it can handle, but still keep it functional, and a little social :). And I've undo memory swap (so it is just like in original rom), internal memory is mounted on /sdcard, and external memory is on /sdcard/external_sd/

CHANGELOG:

GingerICE 1.0 (Link removed):

- Go Launcher EX (atm it is my favorite launcher)
    - ICS Theme for Go launcher EX (you have to aplay it)
    - Transparent skins fo Go Launcher Widgets (you have to aplay it, to every widget)
    - Go Widget Task Manager (it is very simple to use, and always available on the desktop)
    - RAM Manager FREE (just use first option in application: Balance, if you want other options I suggest buying pro application)

GingerICE 2.0 (Link removed):

- updated added apps (GO launcher and additions)
    - completly new kernel with OC capability (latest one from Cowithgun!)
    - Working SmartAssV2 (credit: erasmux), OnDemandX (credit: imoseyon) and MinMax (credit: erasmux) CPU governors.
    - more ram (360MB), and other performance improvements that new kernel brings
    - removed some workaround, that I've used for market (been there because of known problems with account), maybe this was causing force close problems to some of you

GingerICE 2.1 both OC and NON OC:
    - updated to latest cowithgun kernel, wchi has a fix for playing 720p video with hardware acceleration (now only 359MB ram ;) )
    - two versions: with overclock capability (OC) and normal (N)
    - File manager ES File Explorer added (if problems with root explorer options, just reinstall manager!)
    - updated Go Launcher EX (screenshots are attached, ICS theme and transparent skin for widgets applied)

You flash it with CWM or RZ recovery. BUT FIRST DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!

WIPE DATA AND CACHE IS NEEDED! Than you can restore apps with Titanium Backup or other similar app.

WARNING!!! If u noticed any strange behavior like, wifi not working (most common one), than I recommend factory reset (or even wipe and new flash), and manually install your apps (that means straight from market). I must say I like to use google's backup system, so when I flash new rom, and put in my google account, I just connect to wifi, and all the apps I had before are just downloaded and installed again automaticly.

If you are having problems with google account when logging to market, just go to aplications and Clear Market cache, and reboot phone.

This is NON OC version, cause OC kernel is not very stable, a lot of users having problems with it, so I rather stick to this one.

ADVICE If you want to use V& supercharger script, it is better to remove RAM manager. I don't know if script works with this rom, there were reported some problems with first version. I am not responsible for script not working.

Use overclocking at your own risk, I won't be responsible for bricking your device, blah blah :D

This rom wouldn't be here if there weren't this nice people:

KezraPlane, thanks for great rom you have provided us, and all the hard work he put into developing it!

chris555, thanks for your ICS theme port, that gave this rom the name and the look :)!

Juwe11, thakks for the great app Called RAM Manager, I've added a free version here!

cowithgun for his dedication on developing such good kernels!

and all the other members of this community, that are willing to sacrifice their time, for developing or testing new roms!

If I've didn't gave enough people the credit, please remind me, and I will gladly add every single one :D!

I didn't add any special scripts, cause it is not recommended using scripts with RAM Manager.

For better battery life I recommend Battery Defender, it is easy to set up and you won't even notice that you are using it.

Ok now try it, and tell me how it works!

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 2.0 TO 2.1 YOU CAN ONLY WIPE CACHE.

DOWNLOAD 2.1

DOWNLOAD 2.1 OC

Removed Samsung apps can be find HERE or HERE.

Please don't quote this whole post:D! It uses to much space in thread. Thanks for understanding!
    Thanks guys for the support! I love this form, and will continue to drop bye here from time to time, to see the progress. I've sold my phone to a friend, so maybe I will still cooperate with arco a little bit to about the ics, I hope he will get it working soon. But there are some bad news from him, he managed to brick his W, when working to get us (you) ICS. So send this one at repair, and even ordered a new one so he won't have to wait another month get his back. I would ask you all, to donate him few bucks, cause it will cost him 300€ this new W! And maybe spread the news around. He is really putting everything in this project.

Cheers!
    qzem....man

I am sorry to hear you are movin on....

:(

but you got a good deal....and you gotta take it!!!

can I just say "thank you" from all of us....

you were the pioneer for this forum, and for Dev on this phone...

you leave a good and proud legacy...

best of luck for the future!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk
    When i used the stock ROM, my FAVORITE launcher was GO Launcher EX. But now, you have came up with a ROM that has the integration of GO Launcher EX. You make my day! ;)

So, this ROM is not suitable with the V6 script? :confused:

You should put a mediafire link as well qzem. Thanks. Hehehe! :p

It is suitable with V6 script, but then it is better for you to uninstall RAM Manager. I personally recommend to use RAM manager, cause it is working, and it is simple to use :).

I don't have mediafire account, but I hope that someone else could upload it, and I will add link in first post :D.
    Can someone plz tell me if that rom is deodexed or not?

It is deodexed.