[GSM ROM] MIUI v5 4.2.21

Search This thread

kabaldan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2009
Prague
android.doshaska.net
The CM is freshly synced with current 10.1 branch, I think this is the result of reverting some gfx changes; I will try a source adjustment accordingly!

This issue isn't present on RazM or AtrHD so I'm not totally sure what's happening here

I've never bothered to push the tearing fix to the old CM10.1 branch.
Besides Photon Q, I've seen a lot of complaints about tearing also from Atrix HD and Razr M users of CM10.1 and 10.2, until I've finally figured it out and pushed the fix to the CM10.2 branch. Since then the complains ceased.

Photon Q, Atrix HD and Razr M use the command mode display panel so they were all affected the same way.
Razr HD devices use the video mode panel, so they were not affected by tearing.

EDIT: for your convenience, I've pushed it to the cm-10.1 branch now.
(I didn't realize before that the old branch is still being used, otherwise I'd have done it sooner.)
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/60031

Last edited:
Reactions: ---UFO---
T

Tquetski

Besides Photon Q, I've seen a lot of complaints about tearing also from Atrix HD and Razr M users of CM10.1 and 10.2, until I've finally figured it out and pushed the fix to the CM10.2 branch. Since then the complains ceased.

Photon Q, Atrix HD and Razr M use the command mode display panel so they were all affected the same way.

(I didn't realize before that the old branch is still being used, otherwise I'd have done it sooner.)

Ty! I didn't realize this.. dang lol

---UFO---

Oct 5, 2008

vangelm

Sep 26, 2007
Kernel

Hello, I have problem with flashing your kernel. I flashed MIUI ROM via Teamwin without any problem, but when I try to flash kernel, flashing is unsuccesful with error: getprop("ro.product.device"). Can please anybody help me with it?
Michal

intijk

Feb 14, 2012
wifi failure after a while

After used about 3 weeks , wifi failed , it stucked on 'Authenticating...' , password is right, other device could connect to wifi.

I reset the system , then wifi works, but after another while, it shows again.

--------

Interesting, after I set to use static IP, it works again, let me check my router settings.

Last edited:

---UFO---

Oct 5, 2008
After used about 3 weeks , wifi failed , it stucked on 'Authenticating...' , password is right, other device could connect to wifi.

I reset the system , then wifi works, but after another while, it shows again.

--------

Interesting, after I set to use static IP, it works again, let me check my router settings.

I don't have any problem, i am using it with multiple routers. Maybe it's some app incompatibility causing it.

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
First time trying MIUI, I have the PHoton Q. Rom is great, aside from random chinese things. But it kills me that it won't rotate with the keyboard out. even found an xposed app an tried enabling the auto rotate from it but that was a no go as well. Cool idea though. loved the rounded corners, Takes me back to web OS and the palm pre :)

---UFO---

Oct 5, 2008
It only won't rotate in some MIUI system apps, but I can't do anything to fix it, because MIUI is made that way.
There where some app which was able to rotate at least SMS MIUI app, but it was breaking other things.
The name of the app is MIUI Control Panel if I am not mistaken. It should be somewhere in XDA. But I don't know If it is still working.

sin-cal

Aug 16, 2008
Porterville, CA
It only won't rotate in some MIUI system apps, but I can't do anything to fix it, because MIUI is made that way.
There where some app which was able to rotate at least SMS MIUI app, but it was breaking other things.
The name of the app is MIUI Control Panel if I am not mistaken. It should be somewhere in XDA. But I don't know If it is still working.
I believe your correct about that app, and I think I read it does break things. I'm back on CM 11 now. It's working pretty well. Pretty cool OS though. It's funny that it mimics apple, and that the developers feel the best way to type is potrait style. Still getting told how to use a device :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI v5 4.2.21 for Photon Q
    GSM build

Based on CM10.1 by Tquetski and MIUI v5 for Motorola RAZR HD XT925 also by Tquetski without him, I wouldn't be able to port this ROM, thanks for help. Also thanks to Skrilax_CZ, nadlabak, motorowner. Great thanks to MIUIAndroid team for translations.

It's based on Android 4.2.2 cm-10.1-20140219-UNOFFICIAL-xt897.

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKED DEVICES OR DAMAGED ONES.

Download:
    ROM: MIUIv5_4.2.21_xt897_MULTI.zip
    GAPPS: included in ROM
    *TearingFIX: MIUIkernel_3.0.101_220214.zip thx to kabaldan - Just flash it on top of MIUI.

Checksum:
    File: MIUIv5_4.2.21_xt897_MULTI.zip
    CRC-32: 4914fb69
    MD4: 69f615fe6fdebe044e3ec2ac31147b2d
    MD5: 20bdc5873a3e32fa2b065c4e7dfec870
    SHA-1: 4e4bda5e49fb101ad830ec3cc4ca8ce43347307d

How to install/upgrade ROM:
    0. YOU MUST HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER AND INSTALLED CUSTOM RECOVERY.
    1. Boot custom recovery.
    2. Wipe Data/Cache
    3. Wipe Dalvik Cache

4. Install ROM
    5. After boot, wait couple of minutes and reboot your phone.
    6. Enjoy new ROM.

Screenshots:
    b5brfx4ewptv91j6g.jpg

aydl3dab6iw39y86g.jpg

2caw0frubc6hfu76g.jpg
    Well, you can port it, but I think it is not worth because:

1) it is really old MIUI
    2) it is android 4.1.2
    3) it was ported from xt926 which was ported from Galaxy S3, so it would have lot of issues

It is always best to port from official MIUI device, which have base ROM closest to AOSP. Which means Galaxy Nexus.

YES, that's true. It has a lot of issues. Maybe we can try patchrom........On milestone 2, I failed. I can just port from defy. Patchrom is hard. Maybe I will try to port Mokee Open Source and Deepin OS on Photon Q
    ;);)
    http://get.cm/?device=xt897c

here have a stable version for xt897c,please make a MIUIv5 for it
    To fix the tearing in CM10.1 kernel:

Remove the mfd->ibuf.vsync_enable check from the condition on line 798 in drivers/video/msm/mdp4_overlay_dsi_cmd.c

https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-tea...drivers/video/msm/mdp4_overlay_dsi_cmd.c#L798

Like in this commit (ignore the other change):
    https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-tea...mmit/df55bebb3feb88a8509203a6dee2847777d59b9d
    The CM is freshly synced with current 10.1 branch, I think this is the result of reverting some gfx changes; I will try a source adjustment accordingly!

This issue isn't present on RazM or AtrHD so I'm not totally sure what's happening here