[Firmware][SGH-I777][JB][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 preview | USER THREAD

Search This thread

niteice

Jul 3, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Random battery issue here on 10/28. 4hrs usage down 30%. Minimal usage. Android OS shows 40min of cpu time in battery settings. Better battery stats shows no significant wake locks. Weird...
Cpu spy minimal deep sleep. I'm sensing a full wipe in my future :-\

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Agreed on the battery issue, it seems way worse than 10/14 with no other changes on my part.

rpadillahn

Oct 26, 2012
To be more specific, links in OP are outdated as of now and nightlies are the latest.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I would be really careful with restoring system stuffs across different versions of Android. The rule of the thumb is don't ever restore system apps. You should make a nandroid backup before you do.

When you restore Wifi Access points from TB you're just restoring data and passwords not critical system data.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Phalanx7621

rpadillahn

Oct 26, 2012
Cm 10 jb 4.2

Today Google announced JB 4.2 with very cool new features. Just wondering how much time it will take to CM 10 devs to add it to nightlies. I hope they begin working on it soon. :fingers-crossed:

soonerjim

Feb 28, 2009
Oklahoma
Agreed on the battery issue, it seems way worse than 10/14 with no other changes on my part.

I've done a full wipe and can't find my battery drain either! L2_hsic is the only thing bbs is showing, not getting any deep sleep. Nothing changed except flashing 10/27. I've uninstalled almost all of my apps trying to pin it down. :banghead:

Esj618

Jul 23, 2012
I think I randomly found one rogue app. I'm going to leave wifi off and sync on tonight when I go to bed and see where it drains...

Had the same issue and it was an Antivirus app that kept my device from not going to deep sleep. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I was getting <8 hours before and now I'm getting 1 day and 2 hours. :fingers-crossed:

vs8

Nov 30, 2011
It auto-mounts on Windows but not on Ubuntu and I think the USB storage option was missing after CM 9.

EDIT:
Oh never mind, I found the option. It was hidden away unlike CM 9.

Is it called USB debugging notify? I can't find an USB storage option. I remember turning it on/off on demand on CM9 (with was a smarter, user friendlier way of doing this).

Edit: nevermind! I found it under storage. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggles

Nosferatu.

Dec 20, 2011
Tampa, Florida
well a "little better" today. Didn't leave it off the charger (just in case power outage from Sandy). Today at work 6 hours in with a small amount of airport mode time (there's dead spots here at work for all phones).

6hrs
Drained from 100-85%
22min of on-screen time
18min of Android OS time
Largest wake lock is only 3min25sec at the moment. Deep sleep for 5hrs worth...I guess that's a little better. Oh and I'm on 10/29 now.

R

redherring79

I got that working and tried the gallery as well. The keyboard is working great and the gallery is working except for the new camera feature, I get an FC for that.

So far it seems like the gallery/camera from 4.2 has fixed the constant Gallery FCs I've been having with the front-facing camera on the CM10 nightlies lately, too. So bonus for that.

Edit: Also seems to add back Picasa sync as well. Double score.

Last edited:

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Not directed at you in particular, but I feel just the opposite. There's seems no chance it won't cause more problems. I think Entropy and espenfjo should just take a break until at least mid-Nov. and see if Samsung releases sources.

Today Google announced JB 4.2 with very cool new features. Just wondering how much time it will take to CM 10 devs to add it to nightlies. I hope they begin working on it soon. :fingers-crossed:

R

redherring79

Not directed at you in particular, but I feel just the opposite. There's seems no chance it won't cause more problems. I think Entropy and espenfjo should just take a break until at least mid-Nov. and see if Samsung releases sources.

Agreed. I'd be shocked if it didn't throw more wrenches into the already janky machine of Jelly Bean on Exynos devices.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Sorry, guys, but can we keep this thread to cm10? Thanks.

So far it seems like the gallery/camera from 4.2 has fixed the constant Gallery FCs I've been having with the front-facing camera on the CM10 nightlies lately, too. So bonus for that.

Edit: Also seems to add back Picasa sync as well. Double score.

CM10 related. I'm not the only one having problems with the camera/gallery on CM10. A Google search shows that it's not just our device, either. This is a fix for that problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ATTENTION: THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW. MAY CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!
    NO SUPPORT!!!

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

First time installing CyanogenMod 10 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper working CWM Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy CM10 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10 zip from internal SDCard
    - Reboot

Experimental builds:
    http://d-h.st/JaT - 7/27/2012
    http://d-h.st/aMl - 8/3/2012
    http://d-h.st/iXg - 8/13/2012
    http://d-h.st/3KE - 8/18/2012
    http://d-h.st/QbU - 8/19/2012

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from Rom-Manager.
    Newer, unsupported versions can be found at http://goo.im/gapps

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

Development Thread (DEVELOPERS ONLY): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1796744

ygKDil.png
    GeQbTl.png

qNkWbl.png
    rK3uzl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Everything is broken until proven otherwise.
    • Known broken things include:
    • Mediascanner derps hard for many people, eating 100% CPU for 30-40 minutes on boot.
    • Missing many CM10 features
    • NFC totally untested
    • Anything broken on I9100 will be a problem on I777 too
    • Screenshots are from I9100. I'm lazy, and I777 isn't any different

You want to live on the bleeding edge, you're probably gonna get cut
    Update -
    Good news: I found out the source of the problem and built a fix this morning.
    Bad news: Severe thunderstorms yesterday afternoon knocked out my cable modem. I'm unable to upload a build or even the fix until it comes back.
    RELEASE PULLED. I just discovered from user reports in the N7000 thread that this has the capability of triggering the infamous eMMC brickbug on installation. This is far less likely on I777 since almost no one is running intramfs-repacked UCLE5, but those people could experience severe unrecoverable problems. I will reopen this thread once I reimplement that fix.

To be clear - the bug only affects initial flashing. If you are already running CM10, you are safe. If you are not already running CM10, DO NOT flash the release unless you are running a known safe kernel. Right now, I will only guarantee safety with the pulled release if you start from CM9.
    Unless something comes up Monday evening and I'm too busy to build, I'll try to get the first I777 test build out monday evening for 4.2.1.

Benefit of the wait for you guys? N7000/I9100 users are guinea pigs with ****ty builds that have all sorts of broken stuff. First I777 build will have all of the big issues resolved. :p
    4.2 test build within the next few days, depending on my availability/time.

Finally I think we've got the graphics breakthrough we need... just needs to be beat on/polished a bit.