[UNOFFICIAL]CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL Builds for D2VZW GSIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I'm getting a weird graphics glitch when I turn the screen off, as it turns off there are 4 thick lines, which are part of my wallpaper, spaced evenly between the black. It happens every few times i turn the screen off. This is with the newest nightly and M3.

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
I'm on your build and have tried several wallpapers. I've tried both of the newest 4/12 builds and it's there with any wallpaper.

Today's build specifically? (EDIT: sorry didnt read you post close enough.. you did.)

Sounds like a possible hardware issue though. If it continues, I would probably do a backup, then flash back to a stock ROM and see if it continues. At least you will know if its hardware or software related at that point.

Last edited:

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Today's build specifically? (EDIT: sorry didnt read you post close enough.. you did.)

Sounds like a possible hardware issue though. If it continues, I would probably do a backup, then flash back to a stock ROM and see if it continues. At least you will know if its hardware or software related at that point.

I restored my backup of BEANS 14 and it does not do it at all.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Hate to say it, but it sounds like you need a nice data wipe/factory reset then. Hate pulling out that card but unless you are restoring some weird data in TiBu when installing a rom fresh, then it might be the fix.

I'll just do a quick wipe/reset and install the ROM with GAPPS and see if it's still there, then I'll report back.

Edit: It isn't there yet but I have not installed a kernel or my theme yet.

Edit: It ended up being the KT747 Kernel. What kernel do you suggest?

Last edited:

goldsmitht

Mar 5, 2011
Baltimore
running version two, and so far so good, no screen shakes. but still early, and shakes usually gets worse the more i run it.

but we shall see

:cyclops:

mastamoon

Sep 17, 2010
Central NJ
Thanks, one last thing, whenever I reboot I get the "activation can take a few minutes" screen until I hit the Home button. Is there a way to fix this?

The fix is detailed in this thread somewhere. Something is broke when deleting data. I would restore your backup then dirty flash a new build.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
So the screen off issue is back. I haven't restored anything yet but after a couple of hours the crt-off animation stops working and then the wallpaper bars appear in the black screen as the device turns off. Dirty flashing does not bring crt-off back. I'm also having an issue after I reboot the device, once it reboots and I unlock the screen it reboots a second time. Its done this on 2 clean installs.

Is there a separate zip to flash crt-off?

Last edited:

Desterly

Jul 7, 2012
So the screen off issue is back. I haven't restored anything yet but after a couple of hours the crt-off animation stops working and then the wallpaper bars appear in the black screen as the device turns off. Dirty flashing does not bring crt-off back. I'm also having an issue after I reboot the device, once it reboots and I unlock the screen it reboots a second time. Its done this on 2 clean installs.

Is there a separate zip to flash crt-off?

which rom you on right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts