[ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

_deleted_

Jun 14, 2012
Cleaned

Hello :)

I've done a little cleaning on this thread, primarily because it's being polluted with questions...

I'd like to remind everyone, this is a DEVELOPMENT thread, thus, if you do not have anything to contribute to the development (bug reports, logcats etc.) please do not post here. Development thread are for development.

I believe there is a 'married' thread for discussion's, questions etc on this ROM, failing that, use the dedicated Q&A section

For questions, discussion and troubleshooting post HERE

Thank you,

Kind regards

Lady Android
Forum Moderator

Last edited:

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia
Is there any chance that sometime soon we are finally going to see a fix for the loud speaker issue, the volume is not acceptable, it is very low this really needs to be addressed. Surely it is not that hard, this is not an issue in any stock ROM. I plead with the devs to have this issue resolved in the next nightly.

Thanks for all your efforts & a fantastic ROM!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium

GODSPD

Nov 3, 2012
Gold Coast
There is no issue, modify the m3 file and it will be as loud as you want!

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

System/etc/sound/m3 i suggest changing the 57 value to 60. And make sure the file is back in ro (read only) mode after or no sound will come from your device.

Root explorer pro will even create a backup after changing any values.

Reactions: bleepsake

occtec

Dec 9, 2012
South Australia

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

System/etc/sound/m3 i suggest changing the 57 value to 60. And make sure the file is back in ro (read only) mode after or no sound will come from your device.

Just attempted the above, no probs. Although the issue I am referring to is when making or receiving a call, the hands free speaker volume is not as stock ROM used to be or even a custom 4.1.2 ROM, it just doesn't seem to be loud enough, almost sounds like standard speaker on high volume if you know what i mean. DOESN'T seem to be an issue just with my device but also my partners who also has a i9305t running this ROM and we are both experiencing the same issue.

Last edited:

petterkatt

Feb 8, 2013
Last edited:

arzine

Jan 26, 2013
Wired headset mic volume confirmed to be much better now.
Thank you

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

same goes for me here too

Last edited:

avinashadvani

Jul 6, 2008

I tried this but after that i couldnt play any music on my phone,, kept getting error music playback error, couldnt play the track and also DSP force closes

cham06

Dec 16, 2012
Antibes
I tried this but after that i couldnt play any music on my phone,, kept getting error music playback error, couldnt play the track and also DSP force closes

Got the same issue, from one of the first CM10.1 build. So already reported numerous times, but no explanation to date (and I am the one advising to set the file permissions back to the original ones ;), but this does not solve anything in my case and apparently yours).
So we have to report it again in the other thread..

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.1

glowworm62

Oct 13, 2006
Melbourne
This doesn't seem to allow installation on the GT-I9305T variant :(

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3" || getprop("eo.build.product") == "m3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-I9305"
E: Error on /sdcard/cm-10.1.-20130403-NIGHTLY-i9305.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The T at the end is a fairly easy to ignore as it only related to modem/radio variants and installed crapware.

Last edited:

mcampbellsmith

Jul 1, 2010
Is there any chance that sometime soon we are finally going to see a fix for the loud speaker issue, the volume is not acceptable, it is very low this really needs to be addressed. Surely it is not that hard, this is not an issue in any stock ROM. I plead with the devs to have this issue resolved in the next nightly.

Thanks for all your efforts & a fantastic ROM!

It's been looked at. Patience.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

singlecell83

Sep 12, 2012

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3" || getprop("eo.build.product") == "m3" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "m3xx" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "i9305" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-I9305" || getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-I9305"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

The T at the end is a fairly easy to ignore as it only related to modem/radio variants and installed crapware.

Installed this ROM many times on my 9305T. No issues for me.

Reactions: zeplacas

mcampbellsmith

Jul 1, 2010

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Are you using the correct recovery? Read the first post

Reactions: glowworm62

avinashadvani

Jul 6, 2008
You didn't change the file back to rw- r-- r-- after you edited it.

Please keep non development stuff if the FAQ thread. This is a development only thread.

the original message said to make the permissions back to read only, i didnt check what were the permissions on M3 before editing it, however i have set it to r r r and rebooted and music plays no more errors, the volume was higher but speaker was sounding torn so i tried 58 59 and settled on changing the values of 57 to 58 and its ok now. However still not as loud and clear as the stock rom.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Got the same issue, from one of the first CM10.1 build. So already reported numerous times, but no explanation to date (and I am the one advising to set the file permissions back to the original ones ;), but this does not solve anything in my case and apparently yours).
So we have to report it again in the other thread..

Sent from my GT-i9305 with CM10.1

thanks, I dont know what the original settings were, i set it back to r r r and it seems to work, if anyone knows the original permissions for the m3 file please let me know, else i will put the latest nightly over it again, though everything seems to be working fine for me for now.

Reactions: occtec

c_felge

Jan 5, 2011
Hamburg
AW: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Hi,

Original permission for the m3 file is rw-r-r. I edited it with root explorer which just kept the permission and it worked for me without any problem.

Rgds
Felge

Reactions: avinashadvani

c_felge

Jan 5, 2011
Hamburg
AW: [ROM][GT-I9305][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

I changed it to 59, what seems to be the best compromise for me between loudness and blurriness.

Rgds

Reactions: avinashadvani

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IMPORTANT INFORMATIONS

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9305_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S III LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery (Odin Version)
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i9305

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Heimdall Flash Tool:
    Official website

ClockworkMod Recovery:
    http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i9305/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    qswQn1Zl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime:

Thanks to all donators!
    mcampbellsmith and me are going to support your device officially.
    official nightlies will start soon, the first build will be called "experimental" and appear on http://get.cm in a few hours.