Anti virus on nexus 5?

Search This thread

superjelly31

Jan 11, 2014
Are there really viruses in android? If yes do i need anti virus?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

OuncE718

Feb 27, 2010
DC by way of BK

Honestly I've never gotten a virus on any of my Android phones and I've owned many but I guess you can never be safe. If you're worried then maybe you should download an antivirus software to be safe. I never saw the need an I've never heard of anyone having one.

sent from my neXus 5

Reactions: superjelly31

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Google has hardened the security a bit on android 4.4 so it's safe to say you don't need one also apply some common sense And don't download pirated apps only download from Google play

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Viruses are not really a problem in Android, but spyware definitely is. If you are a person who doesn't worry about privacy then fine. But otherwise you need to protect yourself.

A firewall helps to control what goes in and out of your device. I use Avast Mobile Security (free) which combines a anti-virus (probably unnecessary) with firewall, anti theft and other security tools.

If you want to see some of the spyware on your device try "logging test app" (from play store, needs root). You'll see how your activity is logged and sent out.

Also check out XPrivacy
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1574401

And similar threads. But, if you live on Facebook and the like, then privacy is not a concern for you and you can ignore all the above.

(all the above is not unique to Android and is also true on Apple products too)

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis

I am sure there are viruses out there...... the likelyhood of you actually getting one is slim to none. You might increase your chances if you used warez or installed some goofy apk from a website that nobody has ever heard of. Common sense is your best defense. There are anti virus programs out there but I have never used one.

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014

Hi mate,

If you feel that you are vulnerable to viruses , install free anti-virus applications form play store like AVG, avast etc
My suggestion would be to install avast and be secured :)
There are many malwares on Android :-|

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas
I think there could be some, but generally speaking, if you don't go on a download frenzy on every app you see, you wouldn't run into any viruses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Honestly I've never gotten a virus on any of my Android phones and I've owned many but I guess you can never be safe. If you're worried then maybe you should download an antivirus software to be safe. I never saw the need an I've never heard of anyone having one.

sent from my neXus 5
    just don't try pirate apps or download from unknown sources etc and you'll be fine.