please help me choose suitable rom for gsm network

Search This thread

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
hi im new here :D
please help me choose suitable rom that works on gsm network
i want to install sense rom taht has tweaks & works on gsm like RezROM Ex or others
but i dont know gsm works on it or not?

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City

also any rom on the latest hboot update of 2.28 will work for you....unless you or on a stockish sense rom and do the NV edit you will only get 2g speeds on the rez with a GSM carrier....I strictly use gsm only and had to do the NV edit to get stable 3g...still trying to get 4g to work stable but having issues....i can suggest a whole plethera of roms that will work for you depending on what your wanting outta the rom besides GSM capabilities

Reactions: kralkral

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
also any rom on the latest hboot update of 2.28 will work for you....unless you or on a stockish sense rom and do the NV edit you will only get 2g speeds on the rez with a GSM carrier....I strictly use gsm only and had to do the NV edit to get stable 3g...still trying to get 4g to work stable but having issues....i can suggest a whole plethera of roms that will work for you depending on what your wanting outta the rom besides GSM capabilities

what is NV edit? how can i do it?
if i upgrade my hboot to 2.28 all sense roms will be work on gsm? or after upgrade also had to do NV edit?
sorry for bad english

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
if i upgrade my hboot to 2.28 all sense roms will be work on gsm? or after upgrade also had to do NV edit?
sorry for bad english

an NV edit is changing of the radio files with cdma workshop or its free nv reader writer program(this will currently get you to 3g speeds...working on 4g fix now) and no gsm only works on latest stock ICS global sense rom or higher AOSP roms....as for the nv edit if you know how to use that program or anything about hex code changing then you can do it...not easy work at all though

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
an NV edit is changing of the radio files with cdma workshop or its free nv reader writer program(this will currently get you to 3g speeds...working on 4g fix now) and no gsm only works on latest stock ICS global sense rom or higher AOSP roms....as for the nv edit if you know how to use that program or anything about hex code changing then you can do it...not easy work at all though

i domt know any thing about nv edit:rolleyes:
what about hboot? if i upgrade it gsm will work in all roms?

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
As stated above gsm only works on ice cream sandwich global roms or higher...which require you to update your hboot anyway...short answer for you is no...gsm will not function in first ice cream sandwich release or lower roms...including gingerbread

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
As stated above gsm only works on ice cream sandwich global roms or higher...which require you to update your hboot anyway...short answer for you is no...gsm will not function in first ice cream sandwich release or lower roms...including gingerbread

so
any guide or link to learn how to use nv edit to edit radio?

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
It's in this q&a thread...I can dig up link tomorrow when I wake up...in bed now

PhantasmRezound

Mar 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.soundcloud.com
this is for AT&T in usa but im in asiaan gam network{GSM 900 / 1800
} it will work for me?

Uncertain; that demonstrates the NV edits mentioned, but might not want to use those for international carriers. Let REV3NT3CH or someone else experienced give input first. I've only started reading up on GSM recently after switching off of Verizon.

Again in the meantime, likely won't hurt to go ahead and try a relatively new ROM that works on GSM. You should at least get voice, sms, and 2G mobile data on any compatible network. If you want a Sense GSM I suggest either sun_dream's Sense 4.x/5.0 ROMs, newtoroot's newer Sense ROMs if you can locate those, or hawknest's Sense 4.0 EclipticRez v9 (search and it will be on third party websites.) Or to be certain of full functionality of the ROM go with the last stock ROM issued, the ICS Sense 3.6 global release.

EclipticRez is Android ICS 4.0.3, so it isn't as New as some of newtoroot's or sun_dream's ROMs. But I know it runs well and actually had the hidden DIAG menu needed to set up the Rezound's COM ports for NV editing if that is in fact recommended. However, I didn't actually test a proper APN for mobile data on it. I did do a call and sms successfully so it should be good to go on data with a proper APN too.

Last edited:

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
Uncertain; that demonstrates the NV edits mentioned, but might not want to use those for international carriers. Let REV3NT3CH or someone else experienced give input first. I've only started reading up on GSM recently after switching off of Verizon.

Again in the meantime, likely won't hurt to go ahead and try a relatively new ROM that works on GSM. You should at least get voice, sms, and 2G mobile data on any compatible network. If you want a Sense GSM I suggest either sun_dream's Sense 4.x/5.0 ROMs, newtoroot's newer Sense ROMs if you can locate those, or hawknest's Sense 4.0 EclipticRez v9 (search and it will be on third party websites.) Or to be certain of full functionality of the ROM go with the last stock ROM issued, the ICS Sense 3.6 global release.

EclipticRez is Android ICS 4.0.3, so it isn't as New as some of newtoroot's or sun_dream's ROMs. But I know it runs well and actually had the hidden DIAG menu needed to set up the Rezound's COM ports for NV editing if that is in fact recommended. However, I didn't actually test a proper APN for mobile data on it. I did do a call and sms successfully so it should be good to go on data with a proper APN too.
thank u
sorry im limited 8 thanks per a day so cant press thanks :D
i think this one of newtoroot's rom is suitable for me but linlk is dead http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501512

PhantasmRezound

Mar 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
www.soundcloud.com
thank u
sorry im limited 8 thanks per a day so cant press thanks :D
i think this one of newtoroot's rom is suitable for me but linlk is dead http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501512

PM sent. Also if I may call upon others, Newt's XxX and Hawk's EclipticRez seemed virtually similar in appearance and features, but from what I recall EclipticRez was smoother, had less bugs, and supported for longer and more recently than XxX. Anybody else who used both ROMs agree or disagree with that evaluation, or have any extra input on comparisons?

More feedback on sun_dream's ROMs would be good here too as that developer is based in Asia and has worked with newer Sense versions. I'm uncertain if they are "Daily Driver" quality ROMs for international GSM use, however. I've not had enough time with them yet.

tholmes8291

Nov 1, 2010
Kentucky
Google Pixel 4a
I like Sense too and have tried them all. On Sundreams 4.5 for a while now and have no issues. I did put V6 Supercharger on and it works great. I highly recommend it. Both with OneXXX and EclipticRez I had random reboot issues. Plus it works with a TON of custom skins.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kralkral

Oct 25, 2013
I like Sense too and have tried them all. On Sundreams 4.5 for a while now and have no issues. I did put V6 Supercharger on and it works great. I highly recommend it. Both with OneXXX and EclipticRez I had random reboot issues. Plus it works with a TON of custom skins.

im on Sundreams 4.5 now .just perfect but without tweak app in drawer:D & no s2w support

Last edited:

tholmes8291

Nov 1, 2010
Kentucky
Google Pixel 4a
Yeah there's no tweaks but I use v6 to speed things up and improve battery and xposed module for button remapping. If you like Sense I can't think of a better ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sorry for bad english