[Q] My Nexus 5 (American Version) has white light under left up corner

Search This thread

vlatkonexus4

Aug 20, 2013
Gostivar
Please guys i want some experience opinion about Nexus 5,i bought this phone with android 4.4.2 and new one from box,american version,now i have noticed that when brigtness is higher,in the left side of the display,in the left notification drawer,when the color is black,there is white light,not too visible,but i don't know from were it comes,i really want to know should i go and replace it or not!!!!!1:rolleyes:
i will upload screenshot but is hardly visible
Any help and opinion is good for me

JJsevol

Jan 8, 2012
big city
Please guys i want some experience opinion about Nexus 5,i bought this phone with android 4.4.2 and new one from box,american version,now i have noticed that when brigtness is higher,in the left side of the display,in the left notification drawer,when the color is black,there is white light,not too visible,but i don't know from were it comes,i really want to know should i go and replace it or not!!!!!1:rolleyes:

That's called light bleed. Not much you can do aside from replacing it from google or changing the screen. I have it on the top right of my screen.

There's a big thread about his. I'll link if I find it.

vlatkonexus4

Aug 20, 2013
Gostivar
Thank you,as my Nexus 5 is still under garanty,i will try to go and see what i can do,thank you very much for quick answer,as soon as i am going to be free i will go in the Town were i bought the Nexus 5,is my waranty covering this?

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Thank you,as my Nexus 5 is still under garanty,i will try to go and see what i can do,thank you very much for quick answer,as soon as i am going to be free i will go in the Town were i bought the Nexus 5,is my waranty covering this?

Yes. Warranty covers heavy light bleed issues as well.

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

fitz420

May 18, 2011
Pittsburgh
www.radiotokyorocks.com
I have it. It's really not bad and is kinda normal. Please don't warranty over something as small as this. Drives up the cost for us. I didn't.
That's crazy. If you purchase something and its not working up to its full potential and its under warranty it would be crazy to not have it fixed. This phone wasn't expensive by typical standards but for me cost a small fortune. Light bleed is annoying as anything. Why should OP live with this defect? I wouldn't.

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I have it. It's really not bad and is kinda normal. Please don't warranty over something as small as this. Drives up the cost for us. I didn't.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy that is so wrong, google makes a bunch of devices, sell part of them, and let some to replace, if they dont have spare devices, they will not make the device cost more, they will rather make more devices or will refund the Money.
just look at nexus 4 launch,launched, went out of stock for some time, but yet, people with problems(the most were battery/screen) could still get new devices
That's crazy. If you purchase something and its not working up to its full potential and its under warranty it would be crazy to not have it fixed. This phone wasn't expensive by typical standards but for me cost a small fortune. Light bleed is annoying as anything. Why should OP live with this defect? I wouldn't.
Agreed, i wouldn´t too

Reactions: vlatkonexus4

rancur3p1c

Jan 2, 2011
Atlanta
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy that is so wrong, google makes a bunch of devices, sell part of them, and let some to replace, if they dont have spare devices, they will not make the device cost more, they will rather make more devices or will refund the Money.
just look at nexus 4 launch,launched, went out of stock for some time, but yet, people with problems(the most were battery/screen) could still get new devices

Agreed, i wouldn´t too

no, they go, wow lot of really pedantic users here who return over the smallest things, we charge more to cover cost of returns

letting the device get too hot is what causes this. glue holding the backlight to the lcd panel warms and weakens.

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
no, they go, wow lot of really pedantic users here who return over the smallest things, we charge more to cover cost of returns

letting the device get too hot is what causes this. glue holding the backlight to the lcd panel warms and weakens.

im sorry, but for the price of the nexus, that fee can only be at max what? $10 or less so idc.
and the lcd panel warms, its a desing fault, this is a plus that Samsung gets, their termal design is really good

raptir

May 4, 2010
The issue is that almost every IPS LCD has some degree of backlight bleed. If it's bad enough that it's visible in a well-lit room, then I'd ask for them to replace it under warranty. If you need to look hard for it and it's only if you turn the brightness up in a dark room, then I'd say it's "normal."

rancur3p1c

Jan 2, 2011
Atlanta
im sorry, but for the price of the nexus, that fee can only be at max what? $10 or less so idc.
and the lcd panel warms, its a desing fault, this is a plus that Samsung gets, their termal design is really good

at the price of the nexus? It's $400, not $600 like it should be.
$10? LMAO. The phone doesn't get repaired. The entire BOM cost is sunk. That's like $250.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

The issue is that almost every IPS LCD has some degree of backlight bleed. If it's bad enough that it's visible in a well-lit room, then I'd ask for them to replace it under warranty. If you need to look hard for it and it's only if you turn the brightness up in a dark room, then I'd say it's "normal."

yeah. I've never seen any that's visible in well lit room-- it's always "at night when the screen is completely black it looks only slightly less black in this corner when the screen is at full brightness"-- you shouldn't be at full brightness at night anyways

opssemnik

Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
at the price of the nexus? It's $400, not $600 like it should be.
$10? LMAO. The phone doesn't get repaired. The entire BOM cost is sunk. That's like $250.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

yeah. I've never seen any that's visible in well lit room-- it's always "at night when the screen is completely black it looks only slightly less black in this corner when the screen is at full brightness"-- you shouldn't be at full brightness at night anyways

you misunderstood me, the nexus is sold for 349 bucks (16gb), that price is so low, that the fee that they have for rma must be low too

vlatkonexus4

Aug 20, 2013
Gostivar
Thanks to all of your answer guys,but here in macedonia Nexus 5 costs http://www.vip.mk/telefoni/gsm-advisor/lg/1294914/nexus-5#ad-image-0
more than 400 euros now,when i bought it it was 500 euros,so i will use my waranty and i don't want too much light bleed on it
It is ok to get new one because 500 euros are not small money here in my country,thank you for everything guys :D:D
i will write you here when i go and ask in the store

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's called light bleed. Not much you can do aside from replacing it from google or changing the screen. I have it on the top right of my screen.

There's a big thread about his. I'll link if I find it.

Agreed, i wouldn´t too