Flashing stock recovery to Homecare TN7

Search This thread

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
I was able to flash an EVGA ROM successfully and also Shaky156's CWM recovery. Primary reason was to get rid of Chinese notifications completely. Problem is that I cannot get the 1.1 OTA update to install because of the CWM recovery. I tried to flash stock recovery via fastboot but was not successful. Tried different versions even the BAT_CWM_recovery but it won't accept any except Shaky's version. Also tried the Super Tool but it won't recognize the tablet. I have previously installed the SDK and can get fastboot to run. Will try version 1.5 if it works.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
I was able to flash an EVGA ROM successfully and also Shaky156's CWM recovery. Primary reason was to get rid of Chinese notifications completely. Problem is that I cannot get the 1.1 OTA update to install because of the CWM recovery. I tried to flash stock recovery via fastboot but was not successful. Tried different versions even the BAT_CWM_recovery but it won't accept any except Shaky's version. Also tried the Super Tool but it won't recognize the tablet. I have previously installed the SDK and can get fastboot to run. Will try version 1.5 if it works.

Always erase the partition beforehand.

fastboot erase boot

then... as an example

fastboot flash boot boot.img

or

fastboot erase recovery

then... as an example

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Make sure you are cautious never to loose fastboot ability. Other words if your bootloader can't be obtained from restarting and hold buttons down, then make sure you don't restart till you get a successful flashing. Always have the system ADB enabled and certified with the computer.

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
Always erase the partition beforehand.

fastboot erase boot

then... as an example

fastboot flash boot boot.img

or

fastboot erase recovery

then... as an example

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Make sure you are cautious never to loose fastboot ability. Other words if your bootloader can't be obtained from restarting and hold buttons down, then make sure you don't restart till you get a successful flashing. Always have the system ADB enabled and certified with the computer.

Did what you said but still no stock recovery installed. When I reboot after erasing the old recover and flashing the stock instead of going to recovery it just boots up. Looks like the recovery never gets flashed. I did check if the tablet is being recognized by the computer before any flashing. After flashing the stock recovery it says okay so I don't know what's happening.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Did what you said but still no stock recovery installed. When I reboot after erasing the old recover and flashing the stock instead of going to recovery it just boots up. Looks like the recovery never gets flashed. I did check if the tablet is being recognized by the computer before any flashing. After flashing the stock recovery it says okay so I don't know what's happening.

Have you done an OEM unlock?

fastboot oem unlock

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
Have you done an OEM unlock?

fastboot oem unlock

Yes, tablet is unlocked. Says so when I boot into the bootloader. I have flashed Shaky's CWM and it installed fine. Don't know why the tablet does not like the stock recovery. Even tried BAT-cwm recovery but also failed to install. I'll just have to wait for someone to come up with a flashable ROM if the Kitkat update comes around.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Yes, tablet is unlocked. Says so when I boot into the bootloader. I have flashed Shaky's CWM and it installed fine. Don't know why the tablet does not like the stock recovery. Even tried BAT-cwm recovery but also failed to install. I'll just have to wait for someone to come up with a flashable ROM if the Kitkat update comes around.

Do your best to get Bat_recovery for the recovery parititon and the 4.3.1 boot.img for the boot partition, shared on my Tegra Note Discoveries thread. Never flash the bootloader partition unless you are really know what you're doing. Then possible flash the system partition with Tom's system.img with;

fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system system.img

Tom's image should patch and is an English styled setup so you get all the Google Apps, etc.

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
Do your best to get Bat_recovery for the recovery parititon and the 4.3.1 boot.img for the boot partition, shared on my Tegra Note Discoveries thread. Never flash the bootloader partition unless you are really know what you're doing. Then possible flash the system partition with Tom's system.img with;

fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system system.img

Tom's image should patch and is an English styled setup so you get all the Google Apps, etc.

Here's what I did:

1. Erased the system and flashed the 4.3plus system zip.
2. Erased the boot image and flashed the 4.3plus boot image.
3. Erased the recovery and flashed the bat recovery.
4. Rebooted and got stuck on the Tegra Note screen. (flashing on and off).

Tried to experiment and flashed another boot image and this time got stuck on the Tegra Note screen but this time it was not flashing on and off. Turned it off but nothing happened, Pressed the key combination to boot to the bootloader mode but failed. I thought I bricked it and then tried to go the the apx mode and was successful. This time I pressed the bootloader key combination and thankfully was successful. I thought I bricked the tablet.

Is there a way to flash the 4.2.2 ROM? Read somewhere that someone flashed the old ROM and the stock recovery. Once done he was able to update to 4.3plus. I thought there was a flashable 4.2.2 ROM at rootjunky.com but when I clicked on the link I got an error message saying that the file does not exist. I asked the poster where he got the ROM and recovery but never got a reply.

I'll try to flash the 4.3 ROM back

Last edited:

Tha T

Feb 13, 2014
homecare tegra note 7

Here's what I did:

1. Erased the system and flashed the 4.3plus system zip.
2. Erased the boot image and flashed the 4.3plus boot image.
3. Erased the recovery and flashed the bat recovery.
4. Rebooted and got stuck on the Tegra Note screen. (flashing on and off).

Tried to experiment and flashed another boot image and this time got stuck on the Tegra Note screen but this time it was not flashing on and off. Turned it off but nothing happened, Pressed the key combination to boot to the bootloader mode but failed. I thought I bricked it and then tried to go the the apx mode and was successful. This time I pressed the bootloader key combination and thankfully was successful. I thought I bricked the tablet.

Is there a way to flash the 4.2.2 ROM? Read somewhere that someone flashed the old ROM and the stock recovery. Once done he was able to update to 4.3plus. I thought there was a flashable 4.2.2 ROM at rootjunky.com but when I clicked on the link I got an error message saying that the file does not exist. I asked the poster where he got the ROM and recovery but never got a reply.

I'll try to flash the 4.3 ROM back

have you tried extracting the Rom and nvflash into the same folder and running the "download.bat" to fix this? I haven't found a nvflash that works with tegra note 7

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
I've managed to flash a 4.2.2 ROM (tried the deodex version first) but not the stock recovery. Funny thing is that only Shaky156's version can be flashed. The big problem with the ROM is that there's no wifi and that sucks big time. It means I can't update the the firmware. Will try to flash the odex version and see the wifi works. There's no access to the files too. Good thing the bluetooth works.

Tha T

Feb 13, 2014
REcovry

pls, what recovery works best with the homecare tegra note? prefarably one that allows backup/restore with external sd card

Tha T

Feb 13, 2014
I've managed to flash a 4.2.2 ROM (tried the deodex version first) but not the stock recovery. Funny thing is that only Shaky156's version can be flashed. The big problem with the ROM is that there's no wifi and that sucks big time. It means I can't update the the firmware. Will try to flash the odex version and see the wifi works. There's no access to the files too. Good thing the bluetooth works.

so did the odex$.2.2 work fine or what solution did you use? And where did you get your 4.2 rom ?

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010

The no wifi problem is endemic of a broken/mismatched boot.img to system version. Get an original (eg EVGA version) boot.img not a modified rooted version, since SuperSU sideloaded will give proper root later on top of an original boot.img.

I have boot.img shared on Tegra Note Discovery thread.

the sarge

Feb 23, 2013
Try using rootjunkie supertool and get new kit kat or flash another ROM very easy to use

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
The no wifi problem is endemic of a broken/mismatched boot.img to system version. Get an original (eg EVGA version) boot.img not a modified rooted version, since SuperSU sideloaded will give proper root later on top of an original boot.img.

I have boot.img shared on Tegra Note Discovery thread.

Are these the files that you're referring to?

TegraNote_bootimg_4p4rip.zip
TegraNote_bootimg_4p3p1rip.zip

I tried flashing the deodex version of 4.3+ and then flashed the boot image (from TegraNote_bootimg_4p3p1rip.zip) but I still get no wifi.

Freeje

Feb 26, 2012
ok, thanks. And have you finally fixed your wifi issue? I'm on 4.3+ deodex and mine doesn't even rotate the screen

No luck. I tried what e8hfff suggested but still got no wifi. I used to have a Korean version of the Galaxy S3 and I could flash the modded ROMS made for the international version only if it is converted. Some guy came up with a converter and you flash it after you have flashed the modded ROM. We might have to get something similar if we want to flash EVGA ROMs.

Right now I'm not that concerned with getting the Kitkat update since there's something wrong with it (write to SD card). Once they have come up with an update to correct the bug then I'll give it another try. SO for now, I'll stick to the 4.3 ROM.

e8hffff

Dec 28, 2010
Are these the files that you're referring to?

TegraNote_bootimg_4p4rip.zip
TegraNote_bootimg_4p3p1rip.zip

I tried flashing the deodex version of 4.3+ and then flashed the boot image (from TegraNote_bootimg_4p3p1rip.zip) but I still get no wifi.

Yes try, TegraNote_bootimg_4p3p1rip.zip first as I haven't tested the 4.4 boot.img, and only use the boot.img within as there is another directory of the uncompress boot.

Tha T

Feb 13, 2014
wifi

No luck. I tried what e8hfff suggested but still got no wifi. I used to have a Korean version of the Galaxy S3 and I could flash the modded ROMS made for the international version only if it is converted. Some guy came up with a converter and you flash it after you have flashed the modded ROM. We might have to get something similar if we want to flash EVGA ROMs.

Right now I'm not that concerned with getting the Kitkat update since there's something wrong with it (write to SD card). Once they have come up with an update to correct the bug then I'll give it another try. SO for now, I'll stick to the 4.3 ROM.

Does shaky156's version have a working wifi or any rom at all, (even 4.2) that has wifi, my TN7 is next to useless without it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry, there is no fix for that yet, so far anybody that's tried that has ended up with a bricked device or no wifi. if you can get back to the 4.3 that works fine that's great.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

sorry, there is no fix for that yet, so far anybody that's tried that has ended up with a bricked device or no wifi. if you can get back to the 4.3 that works fine that's great.

but this problem is only with the Homecare fly one TN7
    I have a Homecare Flyone Tegra Note 7, broke my gapps.
    ght from Pandawill.com, yesterday received the Kit Kat 4.4.2 update via o
    Decided to try and run the Supertool 2.1 with KitKat 4.4.2 restore and somehow it broke my TN7, keep going into boot loop ....

Any ideas anyone?

Another thing you can try is sending your 4.4.2 update via bluetoth , then use the "wipe cache" in recovery then install zip - Bluetooth ... and then flas your boot.The Recovery won't allow any of the OTAs I've got but u might get lucky. Only wipe the cache files.
    Homecare TN7 on KK 4.4.2 finally!

Another thing you can try is sending your 4.4.2 update via bluetoth , then use the "wipe cache" in recovery then install zip - Bluetooth ... and then flas your boot.The Recovery won't allow any of the OTAs I've got but u might get lucky. Only wipe the cache files.

Finally managed to get the Homecare TN7 to update to KK 4.4.2. This is what I did:

fastboot erase boot
    fastboot erase recovery

fastboot format system
    fastboot flash system 4.4.2system.img.ext4 (from Supertool 2.1)

fastboot flash boot boot.img (from stock 4.4.2 Homcare OTA upgrade)
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (cwm-recovery.img (6.0.45))

fastboot -w

fastboot reboot

and I got it to update to KK 4.4.2 finally.

Hope this helps those who have the Homecare TN7 and wishes to get rid of the Chinese apps and install the Google apps.

Just a note. I know why I could not get the Wifi to work on 4.3.1 updated with Supertool 1.5, this is due to mismatch in boot.img.

The boot.img has to match the version of android and device.

Thanks!