[ROM][12-22-12]Android Open Kang Project Nightly [Unofficial]NEW LOCKSCREEN

Search This thread

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
(Stolen from porchsong)

FYI,

Go get the flashable new camera from JB 4.2 in the apps forum: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=33544037&postcount=23 (flash it from recovery).

Also get the JB 4.2 keyboard with the swiping (I think it is a swiftkey swipe hybrid): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1965020 (just put on your sdcard and click to install, then enable from system settings/input devices).

Make sure you nandroid before you install these in case something goes wrong, but so far they work perfectly for me.

hope this helps. . . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: banks8170

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
The new keyboard and clock work fine. Only only thing that I don't like about it is that if you realize that a word was auto corrected and you want to change it, you have to retype it.

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
Builds should be back on track tonight...
Stay tuned

Kerns_JW

Aug 26, 2009
The new keyboard and clock work fine. Only only thing that I don't like about it is that if you realize that a word was auto corrected and you want to change it, you have to retype it.

Agreed, auto correct needs to be updated and the fact they removed the double letter process adds to some words needing to be typed manually. By the way, the midnight version of the keyboard looks better in my opinion than the stock one.

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
Please read the op, I do not plan on adding any extra files or apps. The only changes I will be making is to added unmerged but proposed source from #teamkang.

Also asking for customization from a man who is holding a 2 day old baby. Have some tact bro...jk

lol nevermindf!!

Please let me know if the additions work. I need clock (and alarms) keyboard, and camera. Also please test gallery. Please make a backup first. Also do not post any issues unless you are doing a clean install,.

Last edited:

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
lol nevermindf!!

Please let me know if the additions work. I need clock (and alarms) keyboard, and camera. Also please test gallery. Please make a backup first. Also do not post any issues unless you are doing a clean install,.

Please i need a tester to test the new AOKP lockscreen. Request by PM only. Please have a nand backup ready, also i would like to have a tester that has already been flashing the nightly roms. Clean install only.

And i still need feedback on the 4.2 applications in the NOV 5 post

chirojunkie

Apr 19, 2009
Please i need a tester to test the new AOKP lockscreen. Request by PM only. Please have a nand backup ready, also i would like to have a tester that has already been flashing the nightly roms. Clean install only.

And i still need feedback on the 4.2 applications in the NOV 5 post

Did a full wipe and everything looks good. Just wished the video recording wants so blurry. But I know that's not acting that can be fixed for now. Love your ROM it's the best!

Any suggestions on a video replacement app?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
Do you mean blurry compared to stock. I just need to know if there are any regressions or issues with the three apks that were added and that they functions proplery. Did you test setting alarms, viewing pictures straight from gallery, and did you test the new keyboard. Once i know these things work, i am going to post a ROM with the new lockscreen for testing. If it works NOV 6 with have all three 4.2 based applications and the new lockscreen.

chirojunkie

Apr 19, 2009
Yes blurry compared to stock
Before I just updated to Nov 5 I had the 4.2 installed on the Nov 1 ROM and had the same blurriness issue is the app form what I've read

Kerns_JW

Aug 26, 2009
Would test but I have a client meeting in the am I can't miss.

In the op, you wrote new camera twice. Think you meant to say new clock.

On another note, not complaining, just wondering if someone could confirm and ease my curiosity. Yesterday and today I got a random reboot crash on 10/29 build. Each time I was on xda, probably coincidence. However, the part I want confirmation on is whether its related to the market app update notification. When I reboot, I get an error saying not able to download something. I clear it and get a new app notification soon after. Random never happened before, probably something I did :rolleyes:

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
someone is currently testing the new lockscreen build as we speak. I have class work to finish, but i should get the build up around 1200-0200

Reactions: LoopDoGG79

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
someone is currently testing the new lockscreen build as we speak. I have class work to finish, but i should get the build up around 1200-0200

The new lock screen is not able to be enabled because the ROM control entries have not been made...

Well, I tried!

chirojunkie

Apr 19, 2009
The edit options on the 4.2 camera don't work for me. I fixed this by flashing the 4.2 zip file I was using before I updated to the Nov 5 version and the edit options work fine now

Dougshell

Feb 26, 2012
The edit options on the 4.2 camera don't work for me. I fixed this by flashing the 4.2 zip file I was using before I updated to the Nov 5 version and the edit options work fine now

What do you mean edit options... Like changing settings

chirojunkie

Apr 19, 2009
The icon in the lower left of this pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352176494647.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352176494647.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 209

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build DEC_22_2012 Is Complete. ENJOY
    *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    First off i would like to unfortunately admit that i am NOT a DEVELOPER. I am simply a guy who loves android, loves XDA and would like to contribute in a way that I see fitting.

I will be posting MERGE only Nightly Builds of AOKP compiled directly from source for the T989. I will upload a new rom each night for the most part not to include any day in which no new commits are merged for our device by TEAM_KANG, or if WhiteHawkx uploads a new nightly in the AOKP Nightly Thread.

I will also be doing my own cherry picked builds once i can figure out how to pull the commits. These builds are NOT to be considered official or supported by teamkang in any way shape or form, and please understand that you are flashing at your own risk!

Please feel free to post your experiences with these nightlies, try to stay on topic, and help one another if you can.
    Regarding SkyRocket Kernel
    A new version has been released that does not require rotation fix. Reports also show that vibration intensity has been increased. The new kernel can be foundHERE All credit goes to DAGr8. His thread can be found here Depending on the rate at which the kernel is maintained and once i talk it over with the guys in teamkang, I may merge it into my builds by default. This will happen mostly inpart based on your input. Please if you are using the new kernel let me know how its going for you

Latest Cherry Pick Build
    MileStone_1_Plus_Cherry_Picks_Oct-29-12.zip - 130.70 MB MD5 Sum: 633024ef6cf19915f9b1e726a535514b
    All weather options should be properly merged. If that was your reason for using the cherry build, you may be able to use hte newest NOV 1 build.

NIGHTLY BUILDS
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Dec-22-12.zip - 130.83 MB MD5 Sum: c263104cb2940f99faeaf4e937c2f852
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-09-12.zip - 130.82 MB MD5 Sum: 86d39b0b2d21937150f54d51d7fc2a44
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-07-12.zip - 133.86 MB MD5 Sum: 608df7024af9c425838a1b55e7cdfe43
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-06-12.zip - 130.78 MB MD5 Sum: be373c6c9d9a76e879902020f4c6de8c
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-04-12.zip - 130.69 MB MD5 Sum: 0894d67d34663beb84f70a34d192b8bc
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-02-12.zip - 130.69 MB MD5 Sum: 23ad8be9771139e12b84b72eade582c3
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Nov-01-12.zip - 130.69 MBMD5 Sum: dc352547597ee4c47488192341c127ba
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Oct-30-12.zip - 130.69 MB MD5 Sum: 7c82120b8b7d2e1815427f6d62470668
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Oct-28-12.zip - 130.68 MB MD5 Sum: 400af3ce439af5eba18c6876a7f823a5
    aokp_hercules_unofficial_Oct-27-12.zip - 130.68 MB MD5 Sum: ed61ef02eac55ec705ac16461184e7d6

MIRROR
    Dropbox_Nov_4_2012
    Dropbox_Nov_2_2012
    Dropbox_Nov_1_2012
    Dropbox_Oct_30_2012
    Dropbox Oct_24_2012
    Dropbox Oct_23_2012

MIRROR
    Change Log [KINDA]
    CHERRY PICKS AS OF OCT 29 2012 - Read Below
    Advanced CM Phone Options
    Custom MMS Vibration
    Happy Flashing

\/\/\/\/\/\/ Extras \/\/\/\/\/\/
    Please keep all extras related issues and concerns in their own respective threads, as the original developers are far more capable and qualified to troubleshoot your issues.
    /\/\/\/\/\/\ Extras /\/\/\/\/\/\

****aGPS****
    For Near Instant GPS Lock
    aGPS Patch Updated to work with TWRP 2.3.x.x
    ***GAPPS***
    Inverted GAPPS Thread By JustinBean and Tuna
    The Aroma based installer has been fixed. Please use Aroma 3.0 or higher. Full touch support has been implemented.
    For those of you that choose to use Justin Bean inverted GAPPS, please know that the touch interface for aroma does not work. I recommend simply using the quick flash.
    Please keep all Justinbean flash related issues in his thread. I do not have the ability to trouble shoot any issues related to his Gapps package.
    PLEASE, IF YOU USE INVERTED GAPPS LINKED ABOVE...
    THANK THE DEVELOPER.
    JUSTIN PUT A LOT OF WORK INTO HIS PACKAGE.

I would like to personally thank a few members that have followed my dropbox link in my signature. Doing this provides both myself as well as the other member 500mb additional dropbox storage space.
    Thank you to...
    mintharis
    napafats
    anneshell1213 (gotta love the wifey)
    geekyboywonder
    yagerd001
    the link is just not good anymore..

Guys, unfortunately after a long bit of reflection, i don't think i will be continuing these builds. It is not that they take too much, rather that I truly need to focus on other things for awhile. I think i am going to attempt weekly builds possibly every saturday. I will upload another rom tonight, and you can all enjoy it until next saturday, learn to roll your own, or head over to the newly created aokp nightly thread. I see this as a great exit moment as someone else has stepped up with nightly builds, and his process due to his affiliation with goo.im is much more automated then mine.

You all have been a great motivation for me to learn about this operating system and hopefully in the future i can find time to recommit myself to this hobby.

Nothing matters more than family guys, always remember that. Never let your priorities get out of place. They can be gone before you even know it.
    OP UPDATED.

Now its night night time before i have to go back to the hospital.

BTW.

Addison Marie Shell was born at 7:56 PM. She is 8lb 7oz and 20inches long.
    How To Read The Changelog [credit to krazeecracker]

A lot of times new members come in or even older members; and they get directed to the gerrit code site for most cm10/aokp roms. Now a lot of people dont know how to read them and what all that info means. So ill break it down for everyone.

2ql8wnk.png

ID: The number used for categorizing, not important
    Subject: What was changed
    Owner: Who submitted the change
    Project: Where in the rom the change is located
    Branch: Self explanatory
    Updated: When it was merged to the rom
    V: Its been verified to be merged
    R: It has been reviewd before it was merged

Now the subject has a basic explanation of what was changed. Click on the subject and it brings you to a new screen like this:

vnyz5x.png

As you can see in the top right it tells you exactly what has changed for the user.

Ex: Add lockscreen rotation as an optional rotation setting (2/2)

This will allow the user to select wether or not to use the
    rotation settings for the lockscreen. This is dependent
    upon the rotation setting being checked.

Thats basically all you need to know, and i hope you have succesfully learned to read your changelogs now
    OP UPDATED.

Also i would like to thank those of you who have been helpful in this thread answering user questions.

With this being said i think now would be a great time, if you havent already, to read the first two posts, as well as brush up on the current state of affairs in the linux/android world