[Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK [Unofficial]

Search This thread

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
If the XZ version above boot your device to recovery (I don't care about navigation problem for now), maybe I will bring a dirty port of PhilZ recovery here. But no one seems to be in a hurry :laugh:

Reactions: hkjr

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Please see my post...took me too long to type it I guess :laugh:
T210_*LZMA* used T211 kernel config, gzip kernel, lzma ramdisk.
T210R* used T210R kernel config, a lot kernel debug disabled for smaller size, gzip kernel, lzma ramdisk.
T210_*XZ used T210R kernel config, a lot kernel debug disabled for smaller size, xz kernel, xz ramdisk.

Please try T210_*LZMA*, I want to know about navigation button behavior by using T211 kernel config.

I will try bz2 kernel and xz ramdisk combination.

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
T210_*LZMA* used T211 kernel config, gzip kernel, lzma ramdisk.
T210R* used T210R kernel config, a lot kernel debug disabled for smaller size, gzip kernel, lzma ramdisk.
T210_*XZ used T210R kernel config, a lot kernel debug disabled for smaller size, xz kernel, xz ramdisk.

Please try T210_*LZMA*, I want to know about navigation button behavior by using T211 kernel config.

I will try bz2 kernel and xz ramdisk combination.

The T210_*LZMA* recovery does work (on my T210R) but still has navigation issues.

To clarify what I mean by 'navigation issues", When you press Volume Up or Down, the highlight only moves "every second press". If you press it once, the menu selection does technically change, but the highlight stays on the previous item until you press a second time (then the highlight skips down/up to the second menu item).

Reactions: ketut.kumajaya

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
The T210_*LZMA* recovery does work (on my T210R) but still has navigation issues.

To clarify what I mean by 'navigation issues", When you press Volume Up or Down, the highlight only moves "every second press". If you press it once, the menu selection does technically change, but the highlight stays on the previous item until you press a second time (then the highlight skips down/up to the second menu item).

Please try attached recovery, lzma compressed kernel and ramdisk.

EDIT: Based on your report, I also change my universal root updater script. Thanks.

Attachments

• T210R_SAMSUNG_RECOVERY_MOD_LZMA_LZMA.tar.md5.zip
    3 MB · Views: 136
  • android-armeabi-universal-root-signed.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Reactions: gr8nole

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Please try attached recovery, lzma compressed kernel and ramdisk.

EDIT: Based on your report, I also change my universal root updater script. Thanks.

That recovery does work, but it still has navigation issues. When it boots into recovery, the blue text menu is not immediately showing on the screen. You have to press the Volume down button to get it to show up. And it also has the navigation problems I described earlier.

The root script completed with no errors.:good:

Reactions: ketut.kumajaya

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
That recovery does work, but it still has navigation issues. When it boots into recovery, the blue text menu is not immediately showing on the screen. You have to press the Volume down button to get it to show up. And it also has the navigation problems I described earlier.

The root script completed with no errors.:good:
Great! Just repacked PhilZ Touch recovery for P3100 (emmc based recovery) with T210 lzma kernel, the resulted image < 4.6MB :victory: Mind to try?

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA

Attachments

• IMAG0461.jpg
    IMAG0461.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 359

ketut.kumajaya

Recognized Developer
Apr 28, 2011
Bekasi
Is this good enough?

Good :good: A gift for you, PhilZ Touch recovery repack. Credit goes to @Phil3759. Flash it at your own risk!

recovery.fstab contents, please re-check:
Code:
# mount point	fstype		device

/system		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
/cache		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
/data		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 length=-16384
/efs        	ext4        /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
/misc 		emmc 	misc
/boot		emmc	/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
/recovery	emmc     /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
/bootloader	emmc		/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/modem		emmc	/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
/preload		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p16

/sdcard			datamedia   /dev/null
/external_sd	auto		/dev/block/mmcblk1p1
/sd-ext			ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk1p2

PhilZ Touch for P31xx thread including link to PhilZ Touch main thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2202667

EDIT: @gr8nole Please redownload and retry the attachment.

EDIT2: @gr8nole Please retry.

Last edited:

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Good :good: A gift for you, PhilZ Touch recovery repack. Credit goes to @Phil3759. Flash it at your own risk!

recovery.fstab contents, please re-check:
Code:
# mount point	fstype		device

/system		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p14
/cache		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p15
/data		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 length=-16384
/efs        	ext4        /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
/misc 		emmc 	misc
/boot		emmc	/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
/recovery	emmc     /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
/bootloader	emmc		/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
/modem		emmc	/dev/block/mmcblk0p8
/preload		ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk0p16

/sdcard			datamedia   /dev/null
/external_sd	auto		/dev/block/mmcblk1p1
/sd-ext			ext4		/dev/block/mmcblk1p2

Kernel Panic mode when booting to recovery. The only difference I see in the fstab is for sdcards. The stock fstab is attached.

Attachments

• recovery.fstab.txt
    470 bytes · Views: 21

harihacker

Feb 19, 2013
Chicago
My results from testing this morning.

I did a factory data reset and then flashed the full US (T210R) firmware to return to completely stock non-rooted status. Then I flashed the T210R modified stock recovery (that I posted here yesterday) and it worked perfectly. I then flashed the new universal root zip provided by @ketut.kumajaya (it did return one error 7 at the end, but still worked) and I was rooted. :good:

Hi.. I did the first step of flashing the custom recovery from US unrooted Rom. But how to flash the universal root zip after that (using the custom recovery??)? Could someone please guide me??

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Hi.. I did the first step of flashing the custom recovery from US unrooted Rom. But how to flash the universal root zip after that (using the custom recovery??)? Could someone please guide me??

Use the root.zip from THIS post.

Place it on your External SDcard.

Reboot to recovery. (Power off...Restart by holding HOME, Volume UP and POWER at same time).

Select apply update from external card

Choose the root.zip

Reboot after.

Last edited:

harihacker

Feb 19, 2013
Chicago
Use the root.zip from THIS post.

Place it on your External SDcard.

Reboot to recovery. (Power off...Restart by holding HOME, Volume UP and POWER at same time).

Select apply update from external card

Choose the root.zip

Reboot after.

Thanks, But the flash failed to give me root.. it thew error that the "verification failed"!!!:confused: Anything else possible to get root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Recovery] & [Root]【T210R & T210】 CWM Recovery v6.0.4.9.KK [Unofficial]

READ THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING ANY CUSTOM RECOVERY

Updated to CWM v6.0.4.9.KK on 9-23-14 to cooperate with KitKat bootloader.

Now with SELinux enabled kernel for flashing roms that require it

Click HERE for the latest version.

Compiled from source.

@ketut.kumajaya has provided us with a kernel for CWM recovery.

Please report any bugs here in this thread.

Please take a moment to say thanks and/or donate to @ketut.kumajaya for helping us out.

Thank you to everyone who has (and still will) help in testing!!!!

Credits go to:
    @ketut.kumajaya for getting this initially working (see THIS post)
    @Jamison904 for giving us root
    @hkjr for getting ketut to help
    @k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for there device source work
    and of course Koush and the CyanogenMod team
    @Tomsgt for the video

Link to kernel source https://github.com/kumajaya/android_kernel_samsung_lt02

Watch THIS VIDEO tutorial for a step by step visual guide for performing the instructions listed below (thanks @Tomsgt for the video).

Supplied in 3 formats:
    • Odin flashable tar.md5 (for first time installation)
    • Recovery flashable zip (requires a custom recovery to currently be installed)
    • .img file (for those who use Flashify or other direct methods).

Instructions for Odin: (use the ...tar.md5)
    1. Download ODIN to your computer.
    2. Power off the device.
    3. Restart in "Download Mode" by holding the "HOME" button, "Volume Down" and "Power" all at the same time (for about 5 seconds).
    4. Hit the "Volume Up" to enter download mode.
    5. Start the ODIN exe program. Un-check Auto Reboot. See notes about ODIN below.
    6. Connect the device via USB to your computer. Verify the device shows as "Added" in the Message box. If it doesn't show then you need the Samsung USB drivers (just install KIES to get them).
    7. Select "PDA" then choose the recovery file you want to flash.
    8. Hit "START". Wait for Odin to finish (~10-15 seconds). The message area will display "RES OK" when finished.
    9. Wait for device to restart. Skip this step if you unchecked auto reboot.
    10. Restart directly to recovery mode before rebooting into OS.(Hold POWER, Volume UP, and the HOME button all at the same time. When you see the Samsung Logo, let go of the POWER button, but keep holding the Volume UP and HOME until you see the recovery screen).

After you get the custom recovery working, you can flash the latest SuperSu zip to get root.

Notes about ODIN
    --Make sure that "Re-Partition" is NOT checked.
    --Auto Reboot can be un-checked if CWM doesn't flash correctly on your device. Some have reported that un-checking Auto Reboot fixes this issue. If you un-check Auto Reboot, you will need to reboot the device yourself (refer back to step 10).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Watch this video to learn about the navigation issues and Rainbow Mode: http://youtu.be/iCNdxlNzdBI

If the highlight doesn't move on the recovery menu, the selection actually does change. Go ahead and hit Power to select. If the menu goes blank, just hit Volume Up or Down to get it to reappear.

It appears that the menu navigation issue only happens when you use the button combination to boot into recovery. If you use the Quick Boot app or "adb reboot recovery", it seems to work properly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instructions for recovery flashable version:
    1. Boot into your previously installed custom recovery.
    2. Select the Install Zip option.
    3. Find the recovery zip.
    4. Flash.
    5. Reboot recovery.
    6. Enjoy your new recovery.

Flash at own risk!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOADS

Click HERE for the latest version.

-
    If you are using the recovery in post #1, then you can skip this post. This post contains modified stock recoveries only.

I recommend all T210R users should flash the newest firmware from Sammobile, ( or just use my pre-rooted version located HERE ).

The modified stock recovery zips below contain a recovery.tar.md5 file that can be flashed using ODIN. These will allow only Google test key signed zips to be flashed. There are two versions, one for the T210R and one for the T210 devices. Both versions work on my T210R, so try whichever one you feel is appropriate.
    Started with #7, it is flipped (left to right) but getting better.

Will test others now.

EDIT: # 6 is the winner...touch works perfect in Aroma File Manager.
    Flip horizontal + swap x,y :good:

As I had expected:
    attachment.php

Time to sleep as a winner :laugh: Thanks @gr8nole.
    I just got CWM booting

Still testing features.
    Updated to 6.0.4.5. Now featuring swipe interface. Check it out and let me know how you like it.

This is the first version I actually compiled fully from source (as opposed to the jenkins builder).:good: