battery life and software update

Search This thread
Mar 9, 2014
Ok so does upgradimg to the new software kill the battery or not? I have a refurbished one with the previous spftware but it is lettimg me know the update is available. Should I update or stay on old software?

rabichowdhary

Jan 23, 2014
kolkata

Ok so does upgradimg to the new software kill the battery or not? I have a refurbished one with the previous spftware but it is lettimg me know the update is available. Should I update or stay on old software?

battery gives little bit less as compared to 4.1.2...... my device useually give screen on timr 8:30 hrs of web browsing on 3g(4.1.2) ..... but after 4.2.2 update it screen hardly gives 7:30-8:00 hrs avg... I recommend to stick with stock rom and wait for the kitkat update..

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010

Too many peeps don't realize the main issue with 4.2.2 is media. I get at least 8 hours just fine with daily use with 4.2.2 and WIFI enabled all the time, and use Spen 50/50. Of course power saving is enabled. I use Greenify and 360 Security, mostly because I have 200 apps and some are a bit of a memory hog. I use the stock touchwiz as many launchers are too buggy or become just as bloated as stock loaded apps for my own taste.

So far I have seen just about everything that could cause battery drain, and many point their fingers to 4.2.2 because they are too lazy to figure out what works well and what does not. Plus there are so many app updates that break functionality, no wonder Apple peeps are always a bit snobbish.

I have a few replies and a thread in the Q&A section. I have tried both custom ROM and prior release ROM. I am satisfied with 4.2.2 as it is very stable and works well for me.