Slow data speeds

Search This thread

brswattt

Nov 3, 2010
Spring, TX
So, I flashed CM11 today, and I'm not sure if it's just this specific rom or what (I had poweruser modified stock before) and it seems like my data speeds are really slow.

I had 5 bars with H+ (yes not LTE I know) but I was only getting 1 mb/s down speed.
Is there a baseband I can flash or some type of modem. Does anyone else have this issue?

Wesley32

Jun 4, 2012
Louisville
Well,

I'm sorry that I can't exactly help your situation, But I can say that I am having a very similar issue. I am running D800 AT&T, CloudyStock V2.0 with dr87's Simple Kernel V5. Only have one APN, which the the Phone APN. Now, I do receive LTE, it also shows up on my phone as 4G.

I have also changed that lil bit in the Build.prop to my destination Country, which is US. But, anyway, After all of this I can only get maybe 2mbps downloads and if i'm lucky I will pull 1mbps upload.

I know for a fact that the LTE in my town is not that slow. I'm not really sure what is going on either.

Before I had CloudyStock on my G2 I could get around 11-12mps downloads with 4-5mbps uploads.

Sorry that I can't really help you out OP. I need help as well.

paulthuong

May 7, 2014
Philadelphia
Since you mentioned, I have an AT&T with a T-mobile micro sim and the network signal (not data) has been very poor since I got the phone. Usually just 2 or 3 bars and completely lost the signal when I got down to the subway underground. I noticed that people were still using their phones while on the train so they could actually receive signals. I believe it's something to do with the sim but not for sure. I haven't had a chance to borrow anyone else's sim to try on mine so I couldn't really tell. I'm running CM 11 as well and I think the battery life has been reduced because of the weak network signal