Battery % Indicator for Imagio

Search This thread

slumpey326

Oct 14, 2009
I hate the bar indicator that is defaulted on the Imagio because you cant tell how much is left unless you go into the notification section. How can I put a battery indicator where it shows the percentage. I have tried a few things already posted on various websites and it works, but then something else is screwed up. I.E. EV instead of 3G, email indicator does work anymore.

Has anyone found a solution that works for the Imagio regarding the battery percentage indicator without screwing anything else up.

mygraine

Aug 4, 2008
not percentage but I use Batti, and it works most of the time. it doesnt screw up other icons even when it gaks out on me.

slumpey326

Oct 14, 2009
great, thanks

looks great, but when I reset the Imagio I have to click on the .exe file again. Do I have to do this everytime. There is no way to permanently install the app and then remove it later on if I want to.

Last edited:

Osteo

Dec 13, 2007
great, thanks

looks great, but when I reset the Imagio I have to click on the .exe file again. Do I have to do this everytime. There is no way to permanently install the app and then remove it later on if I want to.

Just drop the entire .exe (or a shortcut if you know how) into the /windows/startup directory and it will restart every time your reboot. This is by far my favorite battery app.

wedgemoose

Dec 23, 2008
Worcester,MA
Boss428man (as you can tell I'm not good at this because I couldn't do the quote thing-sorry)

i did that mod from XDA and everything worked great except my "3G" icon turned into "EV". did your not do this? and a question that maybe you could answer for me (i am not a pro like you guys at all). Just because it says "EV" now does that mean I'm not getting "3G".

let me know if your didn't change and maybe i'll remove everything and do it again. I only did the two cab install(certificate one and Fixoverbatt one). I didn't change anything in the registry (too afraid). but if you say thats what I have to do than i will

thanks

by the way, no e-mail indicator either now. what about you?

fwaits

Jan 25, 2008
Boss428man (as you can tell I'm not good at this because I couldn't do the quote thing-sorry)

i did that mod from XDA and everything worked great except my "3G" icon turned into "EV". did your not do this? and a question that maybe you could answer for me (i am not a pro like you guys at all). Just because it says "EV" now does that mean I'm not getting "3G".

let me know if your didn't change and maybe i'll remove everything and do it again. I only did the two cab install(certificate one and Fixoverbatt one). I didn't change anything in the registry (too afraid). but if you say thats what I have to do than i will

thanks

by the way, no e-mail indicator either now. what about you?

Ev = EVDO = CDMA 3G network. It's the same thing, except the guy who made that toolbar, made an Ev icon instead of 3G. Verizon up until recently always had an Ev icon for their 3G data network signal, but recently decided to get on board with the more known generic moniker of 3G. In effect on a CDMA network device they are the same.

wedgemoose

Dec 23, 2008
Worcester,MA
thanks Fwaits. At least i can be at peace knowing i didn't screw that up. On his task bars he did have a "3G" one. I know it's just eye candy but it would be nice to get that back. I'm hoping it's one more step I have to do or something simple like that. I can't change DLL's or anything. (at least i think i can't). but his task bars showed arounb 10 different ones and some had the 3G. but it didn't tell you how to chose any of them. it was just one cab so i figured the phone would chose it automatically. Thats whay i want to see what "Boss429" says happened to his 3G icon.

again, thanks very much. this is hard to understand when it's your first time

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=424926

here it is above(if you want to check for me)

Last edited:

fwaits

Jan 25, 2008
Yeah that's because it works for both GSM carriers and CDMA carriers, but the specific icons for the CDMA radio signal are in a different file and so the GSM 3G icon will not show up on a CDMA phone.