[Mod] Music Mod 1.8 07/18/10 Froyo only for now

Search This thread

cacheinjection

Jul 12, 2009
I really love this mod. Simple and elegant. I am having an issue with with fast scrolling however.

When using the quick scroll tab to navigate artists, albums, etc, the displayed letter does not seem to correspond with my place in the list. Also, the letters do not seem to scroll alphabetically. They appear random. (some are capitalized, others not). Am I missing something?

Ok I can see the problem and will have it fixed for the next release, the problem is that the tracks are sorted by track title and the the quick scroll is looking at the artist name. not to much to fix :)

JayBomb999

Jan 10, 2010
Ok I can see the problem and will have it fixed for the next release, the problem is that the tracks are sorted by track title and the the quick scroll is looking at the artist name. not to much to fix :)

Thank you for the quick response. I'm looking forward to the next release.

I have found one additional, very minor bug. It's hardly worth mentioning, but I use the music player A LOT. :)

In one particular sequence of use, the "now playing" screen appears twice when using the back button. I can make it happen every time I use the following sequence (which I apparently do pretty often):

1. Select a new song in music player.
2. Allow song to continue playing and immediately exit to home.
3. Using the widget, return to the "now playing" screen.
4. Use the back key to access library.

Each time I do this, the "now playing" reappears. In other words, instead of animating to the song list, it animates to re-showing the "now playing" screen.

It's not a big deal, so please forgive me if I sound nit-picky. :)

Regards.

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
Thank you for the quick response. I'm looking forward to the next release.

I have found one additional, very minor bug. It's hardly worth mentioning, but I use the music player A LOT. :)

In one particular sequence of use, the "now playing" screen appears twice when using the back button. I can make it happen every time I use the following sequence (which I apparently do pretty often):

1. Select a new song in music player.
2. Allow song to continue playing and immediately exit to home.
3. Using the widget, return to the "now playing" screen.
4. Use the back key to access library.

Each time I do this, the "now playing" reappears. In other words, instead of animating to the song list, it animates to re-showing the "now playing" screen.

It's not a big deal, so please forgive me if I sound nit-picky. :)

Regards.
Bug confirmed. Thank you for the great mod, CI!

huemedia

Mar 14, 2007
Vancouver
bug to report

I love the mod but have a pretty major bug on Froyo. I pushed and replaced MusicGoogle.apk and removed the odex. Runs smooth until I navigate to playlist. It force crashes every time. I have tried reinstalling and even ran as Music.apk and it doesn't seem to make a diff. After the crash I can only get the music app to reboot by clearing the cache.

Would love any help with this.

Thanks and great work so far!

karthikjr

Jun 11, 2009
Mumbai
Excellent work! Have just uninstalled -3- music player,
coz your 4x4 widget beats -3-'s widget fair and square.

Thank you :)

Andrewtst

Aug 4, 2009
Johor
Working in Froyo ROM as long as not clicking the playlist, once clicking you need to clear cache to make it working back. Hope this small bugs will be fix in next release and it will perfect after all. ;)

disgustip8ted

Mar 2, 2010
same here with the odd quick scroll thing, running on CM5.0.7
they scroll spelling the below:
SDcardla or has unspordlesys.

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
Ewwwwwwww, thats so ugly, y would you want that ha ha, but seriously yeah, i can make it an option.

how is that ugly? that looks basically like your mod except their buttons have circles around their buttons and just the order of the info is switched ( their progress bar is on top and album info is below) But the background looks ugly their but reallly it's a blurred background of the current playing album, much like what the the Gallery 3D does when you're over a pic and the BG blurs out the currently viewed pic. It's just a suggestion that's all

te_quiero_forever_girl

Aug 19, 2009
how is that ugly? that looks basically like your mod except their buttons have circles around their buttons and just the order of the info is switched ( their progress bar is on top and album info is below) But the background looks ugly their but reallly it's a blurred background of the current playing album, much like what the the Gallery 3D does when you're over a pic and the BG blurs out the currently viewed pic. It's just a suggestion that's all

no offense but the music app on Gingerbread looks even worse than the current stock music app

te_quiero_forever_girl

Aug 19, 2009
Agreed. But this mod is beautiful; I only wish it could show live wallpapers behind the now playing info. I wish gingerbread would include an album list that looked like Gallery3D.

I just discovered that this mod cause conflict with the Pure Music Widget app. The music app freezes once the widget is activated. Otherwise everything is more than perfect ! Only wish if we can have a control interface on the lock screen

carnegie0107

Jul 26, 2009
Springytown
I just discovered that this mod cause conflict with the Pure Music Widget app. The music app freezes once the widget is activated. Otherwise everything is more than perfect ! Only wish if we can have a control interface on the lock screen

Like stericson's lockscreen, for 2.0+. Would be awesome. Music controls could easily fit under the sliders, and a battery indicator just above them. I think something like that would almost have to be rewritten from the ground up, and then the framework edited to use this new app as the lockscreen. But that's subject for a whole new thread...

kw8can

Mar 23, 2010
just flashed it on froyo and removed the googlemusic files and its working pretty good was using dtunes but sick of the iphone look so ima be testing it a bit more
only problem is with the playlists

maddie

Nov 17, 2006
Shenzhen
i flashed the zip and now the Music app is gone :-(
on CM 5.0.7.1

EDIT: Pushed back stock Music.apk and re-push the MOD now it works. weird..

Last edited:

fiendskillz

Feb 7, 2010
how do you restore back to the original music app? i forgot to nandroid backup :(..

its good but on most of the songs i play it says theres an error and force closes it.. im on cm's latest mod

cacheinjection

Jul 12, 2009
Working in Froyo ROM as long as not clicking the playlist, once clicking you need to clear cache to make it working back. Hope this small bugs will be fix in next release and it will perfect after all. ;)

I love the mod but have a pretty major bug on Froyo. I pushed and replaced MusicGoogle.apk and removed the odex. Runs smooth until I navigate to playlist. It force crashes every time. I have tried reinstalling and even ran as Music.apk and it doesn't seem to make a diff. After the crash I can only get the music app to reboot by clearing the cache.

Would love any help with this.

Thanks and great work so far!

This Mod isnt made for froyo it just happens to sort of work. the froyo source isnt currently available, so untill it is there will be bugs.
sorry
Eliot :)

cacheinjection

Jul 12, 2009
Like stericson's lockscreen, for 2.0+. Would be awesome. Music controls could easily fit under the sliders, and a battery indicator just above them. I think something like that would almost have to be rewritten from the ground up, and then the framework edited to use this new app as the lockscreen. But that's subject for a whole new thread...

Im working on a new lockscreen that will have music controls and music playing info.

as i said im working on a lockscreen, so you i wll have your wish soon. i will look into the pure music widget problem

Agreed. But this mod is beautiful; I only wish it could show live wallpapers behind the now playing info. I wish gingerbread would include an album list that looked like Gallery3D.

It can show live wallpapers behind it, im currenly running a live wallpaper behind mine, make sure you have 1.5.1 and not 1.5

Top Liked Posts