[APP] Download Buddy New Download App on the Market

Search This thread

dboss007

Apr 6, 2010
If I go to twitpic via the browser and attempt to save certain pictures (it works for some, but very few), I get an error in the download process. It doesn't look like Download Buddy is intercepting the download for this type of pic... Is there anyway to fix this???

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
If I go to twitpic via the browser and attempt to save certain pictures (it works for some, but very few), I get an error in the download process. It doesn't look like Download Buddy is intercepting the download for this type of pic... Is there anyway to fix this???

What is the method you are using to download images from there, and what browser are you using. With the default browser you cannot long press and select save image because that is an internal browser function. But if u long press and select view image it should work. As far as the ones giving you an error is it possible to share a link for a few so I can test them please.

sbcale

Sep 1, 2009
Help

Just bought Download Buddy and can't get it to work. Cleared Browser defaults and it doesn't come up as option when downloading anything. My main goal is to download .mobi and .epub files but I tried with a .jpg and some others and it doesn't do anything. The browser just says it can't download the .mobi and .epub and the .jpg downloads but through the browser not Download Buddy. I have a Droid X rooted with 2.2. Thanks for the help.

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Just bought Download Buddy and can't get it to work. Cleared Browser defaults and it doesn't come up as option when downloading anything. My main goal is to download .mobi and .epub files but I tried with a .jpg and some others and it doesn't do anything. The browser just says it can't download the .mobi and .epub and the .jpg downloads but through the browser not Download Buddy. I have a Droid X rooted with 2.2. Thanks for the help.

Sorry for your troubles, can you please provide the links to the page the files are on if possible. Not the direct file link unless that is all you have

Colomonster

Aug 1, 2010
Big Apple Circus
looks like i will wait until this comes out a little more stable.... for now, I just use ADB... download ANYTHING, and place on SD... a few more steps but W/E aldo you can clear the DL folder or copy paste stuff in ASTRO... I' cannot wait till this becomes super stable and i can use it to DL roms and themes, cuz my RManager is super busted...

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
Sorry beta testing has already been complete. This is a page for support and help. Also any suggestions or requested for future support can be made here.

If this is the case, then you must be aware that we cannot allow you to sell/advertise this app on XDA under Rules 7 and 11. As you are stating that this is a support thread only, I will let it live as it is allowable under XDA Rules, but if there are any attempts to advertise the sale of it (posting QR code, making Market references to price, etc), this thread will be closed.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Sorry beta testing has already been complete. This is a page for support and help. Also any suggestions or requested for future support can be made here.
iirc XDA has rules against not providing a trial/beta/lite version for the users here.

You might have to close this thread.

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
If this is the case, then you must be aware that we cannot allow you to sell/advertise this app on XDA under Rules 7 and 11. As you are stating that this is a support thread only, I will let it live as it is allowable under XDA Rules, but if there are any attempts to advertise the sale of it (posting QR code, making Market references to price, etc), this thread will be closed.

XDA seems to be slightly off lately, letting stuff like this slip through the cracks recently, especially in terms of apps "promoted" on the main page.....Why?

pentace

Oct 25, 2006

This has already been discussed with Mod : pulser_g2 on November 7th and this post is approved as it is not soliciting the app but providing support for the app.

Se7enLC

Dec 29, 2009
Does this app support download pausing/resuming? That's my biggest gripe with the built-in downloader. If it gets swapped out of memory or loses data service, it will say "Download interrupted, cannot be resumed" when I know full well that it CAN be resumed, if it wanted to.

I've been using XWindDownloader (free on market) for the purpose of acting as a download maanger. The interface is kind of ugly and kludgy, but it works great. I can tell it to download a huge file over spotty data, and apart from the battery life as a result of downloading all day long, I have zero issues.

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
This has already been discussed with Mod : pulser_g2 on November 7th and this post is approved as it is not soliciting the app but providing support for the app.

I was not aware of pulser's interaction with you. This is not a threat, but I was merely pointing out the rules. If you are already aware of them... fair enough.

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Does this app support download pausing/resuming? That's my biggest gripe with the built-in downloader. If it gets swapped out of memory or loses data service, it will say "Download interrupted, cannot be resumed" when I know full well that it CAN be resumed, if it wanted to.

I've been using XWindDownloader (free on market) for the purpose of acting as a download maanger. The interface is kind of ugly and kludgy, but it works great. I can tell it to download a huge file over spotty data, and apart from the battery life as a result of downloading all day long, I have zero issues.

Currently it does not provide a user interactive pause option but it does auto resume as long as its not a special download like megaupload or another service that bases everything over a time based IP system. I would be more than happy to look into adding an option for pausing though. I will let you know when the pause feature has been added.

snark_be

Sep 17, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Does it work to save an attachment in the GMail application?

I have a .gz file attached to a mail but when I click on Preview, it says "Sorry, the attachment could not be downloaded".

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
Does it work to save an attachment in the GMail application?

I have a .gz file attached to a mail but when I click on Preview, it says "Sorry, the attachment could not be downloaded".

Yes it does work with any attachment in the Gmail application. That error is not an error built into my application. That is an error build into Gmail its self. Usually its a bad file, bad network connection or an issue with Gmail. Gmail has to originally begin the fetching of a file in order to pull its information to download, if that fetching fails then you will get that error. It is unfortunately nothing I can do anything about as I cannot alter the code of Gmail. Your best bet would be to try and send the file to your gmail again.