[Q] Black Blobs under Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

o0pyroguy0o

Feb 16, 2011
I just got my Galaxy s2 and i've noticed some odd black blogs on the screen. They are only visiable in lower lighting while on darker screens. They arent dead pixels, its like... on the inside of your windshield on your car, if you wipe a little spot it looks like the glass is kind of smokey and then super clear where you wiped, thats what this looks like but smaller. So there are all these black spots under the glass on my phone.

i did read an article on suction cup prints, light spots, finger prints and so on on the inside of these displays..

i've already contacted support on it and they need me to send back this one and then they will send out my new one since im still in my 14 day remorse period.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed/had this problem?

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
Yes, I just spoke to Tmobile and they said I could exchange in store since I'm within remorse period.

I'm going tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

talltexan

May 17, 2009
I just got my Galaxy s2 and i've noticed some odd black blogs on the screen. They are only visiable in lower lighting while on darker screens. They arent dead pixels, its like... on the inside of your windshield on your car, if you wipe a little spot it looks like the glass is kind of smokey and then super clear where you wiped, thats what this looks like but smaller. So there are all these black spots under the glass on my phone.

i did read an article on suction cup prints, light spots, finger prints and so on on the inside of these displays..

i've already contacted support on it and they need me to send back this one and then they will send out my new one since im still in my 14 day remorse period.

Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed/had this problem?

do you happen to have pictures?

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
I have the same thing but its in the middle. Its like a curved line looks like smoke. I can see it in dark gray pictures or background

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
4a486a99-7761-b474.jpg
Look at it on this pic its shows better

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

sg.bullets

Dec 8, 2009
San Jose
I had the same issue on my first GS2. I returned it and got a 2nd GS2 with a perfect screen with no vertical lines or black blobs issue. Good luck!

Jjday7

Dec 1, 2007
Looking closely at mine in a very dark room while starting a youtube, I noticed it. Didn't think I had it but I guess I do. I notice it for a split second when the video is about to start. Another way I saw it was there is a bug with the status bar brightness control. Sometimes the screen goes dark when trying to lower brightness. When that happens, you will see the blobs on the screen. It has to be real dark too. I did it under the covers at night. Really gotta look close. I had blobs or black and just lines everywhere.

txb0024

Jun 20, 2011
T989 Screen issues.

I upgraded to the T989 Galaxy S II and found the same issue on it. You will notice that the backlight isn't right. It's brighter than it should be - gives a fuzzy glow. There are also black blotches on the screen...all over it actually. Enough to annoy you when you are trying to watch a movie in the dark. I returned that one thinking ok maybe it's just that one. My second one...SAME ISSUE. Even worse this time...there were verticle lines running top to bottom. Quite visible lines.

On the first return, the Tmobile reps compared my T989 with my i9100 while viewing a blank black screen (can be produced by taking a photo with your phone against your jeans or shirt then viewing it in full screen). They confirmed the issue to be true.

On the second return, other Tmobile reps also compared the T989 with my i9100 and confirmed the issue as well. One rep had a T989 and hers also had the issue. I then checked the store display model. Same issue as well.

If this is something you can live with, then just keep it. It doesn't seem to happen clearly if you turn your brightness above max or don't watch movies or use the phone in the dark.

There is a significant color difference between the T989 and i9100. The color of the message bar was compared between the two. The i9100 showed a true blue while the T989 had a faded/greenish blue tint to it. The difference is noticable in any brightness. Keep in mind that both phones have SUPER AMOLED PLUS screens.

I'm assuming all the T989s have this issue due to the manufacturer having messed something up during production.

If you would like to contact me for more information regarding my experience with this issue, please email me at : txb0024e@Gmail.comPlease do not ask me to run any test on the T989 for I have since returned it to the store and will never buy another T989. I'm sticking with my original i9100 Galaxy S II.

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I had the black blobs on my first device.. Returned it and my second device is PERFECT. Beautiful screen, no blobs, couldn't be happier. Love this phone! Best Android device I have ever owned.. And I'm a very picky person.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

landrian18

Feb 10, 2011
Same here... ill return this on Monday.. I just hope for a better one.. or should I return and wait for nexus by Nov.

pinadala gamit ang galaxy s2 (premium xda)

Splaktar

Aug 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL

reocej

Mar 14, 2009
This seems to be a common issue with Samsung's amoled screens. I've owned two Vibrants, a Captivate and now the Tmobile GSII and all of them have displayed this issue. If you get one without the blobs then you really got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.