[PSA] There's an OTA coming and it COULD be bad for us

Search This thread

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
I try it and nothing. Reboots and installs super user but root doesn't work. This is the 1.85 root method. Btw my vibrate doesn't work after the update just noticed.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
nobody can root as of yet, unless u were already htc dev unlocked, and have your unlocktoken. im having a hell of a time unlocking right now! on my 7th try right now!

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
It won't load message threads once you get to about 6000 total messages.

yea well 6,000.. that's kind of a lot there..

Getting ready to flash this pup myself here in a minute, trying to get myself a 100% Stock, Rooted, Unlocked Backup, and then I'm going right back to TN SE 1.6b

nobody can root as of yet, unless u were already htc dev unlocked, and have your unlocktoken. im having a hell of a time unlocking right now! on my 7th try right now!

Yea the first time I had to run the 1.85 RUU, and then tried to re-unlock the BL, took SO many tries

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
I try it and nothing. Reboots and installs super user but root doesn't work. This is the 1.85 root method. Btw my vibrate doesn't work after the update just noticed.

run it again, sometimes it takes two times to work.

nevermind........it wont work on new update that we know of so far i thought u were on 1.85

dr_g

Aug 2, 2012
I really don't like the way HTC implemented it, I think the flashable mod for 1.85 was better. With the mod, the recents button became menu/settings so you can hit it while on your home screen and bring up the settings/wallpaper/etc.. dialog box. With the official HTC remap, it is only for menu so if you hit it while on a homescreen it does nothing. You still need to pull down your notifications to get into settings. Annoying.

There is an advantage to not having the Settings pop up when you hit the capacitive menu button at home screen though -- the phone doesn't accidentally change your settings while it's in your pocket.

I also have the Settings icon in one of the folders on my home screen for slightly easier access than from the notification bar.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
There is an advantage to not having the Settings pop up when you hit the capacitive menu button at home screen though -- the phone doesn't accidentally change your settings while it's in your pocket.

I also have the Settings icon in one of the folders on my home screen for slightly easier access than from the notification bar.

I have used Android phones for the past 3 years and not once has that ever happened.

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Anyone who has updated having any problems with vibration not working?

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
I got the phone today it came stock with 2.20 from factory.

dr_g

Aug 2, 2012

I have used Android phones for the past 3 years and not once has that ever happened.
HTC One X has a very sensitive on/off button though and it tends to unlock by itself in my front pocket. It's a minor drawback and if I put it with the on/off button facing up, it would probably solve the problem. Although, I am used putting them upside down for easier grabbing from my pocket.

Last edited:

Vendetta-NY

Jul 30, 2007
CONFIRMED upgrading to the new OTA 2.20 is safe if you already are unlocked with super cid and rooted!

First off, thanks to the brave souls that took the plunge and did the OTA and risked their setups just to share the knowledge and results with the forum. Rock on!

I've read every post in the two obvious threads on this and can't come to a definitive conclusion to this question though. I'm rooted since back on 1.73, Rootkeeper preserved for the OTA to 1.85. Never touched the bootloader. If I run the new OTA, will I lose root? Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD. In between FCs.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Any one having a problem unlocking after ruu needs to hard reset the phone. (volume down, power button for ten secs.) After an hour and a half of trying to unlock, hard resetting fixed my problem :)

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

do this while booted right? message pops up saying hold power down for 3 seconds. then reboots itself. is this correct?

thank u 4 this! i did this after having tried to unlock 15 times!!!! got in first try after hard reset. thanks bro!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Root-Maniac

Crappyvate

Jul 15, 2011
Isla de Vieques
First off, thanks to the brave souls that took the plunge and did the OTA and risked their setups just to share the knowledge and results with the forum. Rock on!

I've read every post in the two obvious threads on this and can't come to a definitive conclusion to this question though. I'm rooted since back on 1.73, Rootkeeper preserved for the OTA to 1.85. Never touched the bootloader. If I run the new OTA, will I lose root? Thanks again!

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD. In between FCs.

don't know that anyone has tried that yet without unlocked bootloader and super cid. Wanna be the first :silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It seems AT&T is pushing out an OTA version 2.20 that is rumored to close all the loopholes we've used to unlock and root the One X.
    If you have NOT rooted and unlocked your bootloader and you want to do so don't accept the update.
    Wait until someone has gotten a hold of this version and picked it apart before installing it.

Keep Calm and Carry On.
    CONFIRMED!

CONFIRMED upgrading to the new OTA 2.20 is safe if you already are unlocked with super cid and rooted!

ATT didnt change anything as far as the unlock process with a current token etc. It stuck on my first try, flashed twrp 2.1.8.1 then flashed super user in recovery

profit. Im on 2.20 rooted unlocked etc!!!!!

:cool:
    Metalhead it's part of the changing face of XDA I'm afraid. the D is secondary in a lot of members minds.

Yep. This place is turning into a general Android forum. All the "I'm not really into rooting" posts crack me up.

oh well, looks like im keeping my scratched screen device! ill send them back this unrootable phone. no biggie. just wanted to report in the thread my findings. oh and the unlock_code.bin didnt work. this is gonna suck for people getting the one x right now! its funny to me........they drop the price to 99.99 then push out a unrootable update! lol:mad:

Who said it's unrootable? It's just not rootable with the current exploit. Beaups will get it rooted, he already promised to not sleep or make love to his wife until he does.