RAZR m desktop dock mod

Search This thread

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
uploadfromtaptalk1352685992519.jpg
Found out that my DROID 3 dock works great with the RAZR M. Only issue was that HDMI connector that our phone doesn't have. Easy to pop out the HDMI part, just had to find the 4 screws under the rubber feet, and once inside 2 more screws on the retaining clip. Then just pull out the cable, put everything together and the RAZR M fits almost perfectly, just a little close on the left side. The audio jack on the dock works, and the phone recognizes that it is docked as well.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

RoboCuz

Jun 15, 2010
Do you have it in any case? It looks like you do. How well does it fit without any case on it? I am looking for a dock, hate to buy one and find out it doesn't fit later....this might be my best choice, but I am rolling naked right now, so need something that fits with no case....

Yufice

Apr 15, 2010
Long Island
doesn't look like there's a case on there.

Good tip! Do you think there'll be a legit Razr M dock at some point? i was bummed that I never found one for the gnexus

alk195

Dec 11, 2009
doesn't look like there's a case on there.

Good tip! Do you think there'll be a legit Razr M dock at some point? i was bummed that I never found one for the gnexus

Probably not, they released the Flip Stand, which is a universal dock for all their phones and tablets. I've heard that they're done with docks for every device, and just have the one instead.

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
Do you have it in any case? It looks like you do. How well does it fit without any case on it? I am looking for a dock, hate to buy one and find out it doesn't fit later....this might be my best choice, but I am rolling naked right now, so need something that fits with no case....
No case, just a skin. I like to go naked but want to give it a little protection so I went with a skinomi techskin.
It fits quite well, slides in to the dock way easier than my droid 3 ever did, the M I can dock in the dark even. That would have been a feat with the D3

Reactions: Yehudah

Yufice

Apr 15, 2010
Long Island
No case, just a skin. I like to go naked but want to give it a little protection so I went with a skinomi techskin.
It fits quite well, slides in to the dock way easier than my droid 3 ever did, the M I can dock in the dark even. That would have been a feat with the D3

Just ordered mine off ebay. pumped

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
the DROID 3 car dock also works great for the M.

there is a thread on Moto forum about it here.

audiomixman

Feb 2, 2007
Maryland
I've been modifying my Bionic docks to work with the M. There's plenty of room for the case as well. The Micro USB connector has to be moved on the dock. It takes some grinding and gluing but works well enough. I've got 2 more on the way for $10 each from Amazon.

baxaho

Nov 9, 2012
Seems as if every M owner has seen this thread........I have bid on 11 D3 docks now and have been outbid at the last second LOL....of cours I am trying to steal one for pennies....may have to up my Ante...

Thanks for the post!

audiomixman

Feb 2, 2007
Maryland
That's why I stuck with Bionic cradles. I had 2 of them and bought two more for $10 each via Amazon. The modification takes me about 15 minutes at this point. Knife, Goop, electrical tape :)

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
I believe that was the stock ICS dock. I've been using double twist alarm, just shows the clock, all I need.

Reactions: toddbecker

91fatboy

Jan 11, 2013
dock mod

That's why I stuck with Bionic cradles. I had 2 of them and bought two more for $10 each via Amazon. The modification takes me about 15 minutes at this point. Knife, Goop, electrical tape :)

Could you give a little more info of how you modified your dock. Haven't took mine apart to look inside yet.

audiomixman

Feb 2, 2007
Maryland
Could you give a little more info of how you modified your dock. Haven't took mine apart to look inside yet.

Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I'll subscribe and if you're still interested I'll take one apart again and take some photos. I've made 4 of them and they all work and launch any of the 2 built-in (or is it 3?) ICS dock apps. You might want to PM me too, just in case I don't get the subscription e-mail.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uploadfromtaptalk1352685992519.jpg
    Found out that my DROID 3 dock works great with the RAZR M. Only issue was that HDMI connector that our phone doesn't have. Easy to pop out the HDMI part, just had to find the 4 screws under the rubber feet, and once inside 2 more screws on the retaining clip. Then just pull out the cable, put everything together and the RAZR M fits almost perfectly, just a little close on the left side. The audio jack on the dock works, and the phone recognizes that it is docked as well.

Here's my M in a modified Bionic cradle.

I believe that was the stock ICS dock. I've been using double twist alarm, just shows the clock, all I need.

Just did a mod on my Droid X dock. Hd to open it, remove the HDMI connection, and move the USB plug farther to the left. Unfortunately I can't fond a Droid 3 dock, but had 2 of these around :)

dock.jpg