What's YOUR Rom preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ChristianPreachr

May 8, 2011
So I'm getting this phone today. Like most phones...after they "honeymoon" stage, ROM threads kind of die down. I like things simple...I'm coming from a Droid 2G, Droid 3, to the 4. (Which, by my luck, means the announcement of 5 will be any day now.) I'm looking for a ROM that's simple...and strong on battery. I'm not an average user, so I'm pretty sure I can get by...but I'm curious for ROM choices. I prefer a debloated stock rom as its usually the simplestest. But in true nerd fashion...I gotta ask..what's your preferred ROM?

ndd53

Mar 7, 2012
So I'm getting this phone today. Like most phones...after they "honeymoon" stage, ROM threads kind of die down. I like things simple...I'm coming from a Droid 2G, Droid 3, to the 4. (Which, by my luck, means the announcement of 5 will be any day now.) I'm looking for a ROM that's simple...and strong on battery. I'm not an average user, so I'm pretty sure I can get by...but I'm curious for ROM choices. I prefer a debloated stock rom as its usually the simplestest. But in true nerd fashion...I gotta ask..what's your preferred ROM?

eclipse. I've tried droidHD, aokp, cm10 and cna and frankly, I can hardly tell the difference (except for the screen rotation bug in jelly bean). eclipse is fast and easy on the battery; I'd go with it.

note, however, that with safestrap 3.x you can experiment with different ROMs all you like...

mr.e.ferran

Nov 28, 2010
Definitely the Eclipse hybrid. I left my phone stock for 2 months and I didn't like the battery drain and just decided to root and install safestrap (very easy) and I tried a few ROMs but came back to the eclipse hybrid. It's debloated and i also have it slightly overclocked to 1320 but with low voltage. Excellent battery life and very snappy! you won't be disappointed.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I use nova launcher but while I was using eclipse' launcher I didn't experience any problems

The Kraken!

Jun 16, 2012
I've seen a lot of people recommending eclipse but this is the first time I've seen "hybrid" attached to the name. What is meant by "hybrid" in this case? Is there an eclipse rom and a hybrid eclipse rom, or is it just differing terminology for the same thing?

ChristianPreachr

May 8, 2011
I've seen a lot of people recommending eclipse but this is the first time I've seen "hybrid" attached to the name. What is meant by "hybrid" in this case? Is there an eclipse rom and a hybrid eclipse rom, or is it just differing terminology for the same thing?

Agreed. I've noticed this too, specifically on droidforums.net and was wondering the same thing. That brings me to my next question...does anyone have a link for the Eclipse ROM that is so popular? I'm seeing mostly JB links around..and I'm perfectly happy with getting ICS. (I'm on GB right now)

EnsoniqHT

Oct 18, 2012
Lake Arrowhead
I always keep the latest version of Eclipse on one of my ROM slots because it's always reliable and never lets me down. I use CM10 a lot on another slot because I like messing around with some of what JB has to offer but I always need to swap into Eclipse when I have an issue on CM10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Regular Eclipse is stripped to the bare bones, the hybrid version has some Verizon stuff still in it because some people still wanted to make use of some of the Verizon apps.

As for the link to Eclipse, there's a thread a few spots down with Eclipse.

EDIT: here's the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1815079