Stock HTC Browser

Search This thread

raypino

Oct 20, 2010
It's just the best Bottom line try one from playstore an then try this you will see for yourself in no time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

it looks just like chrome, what's the difference? and is there a way to install just the apk

sent via carrier pigeon

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I just came to post images is now working again. But I see already we have confirmed this.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T4rd

Jun 15, 2010
have you set perms.. and rebooted ? i can confirm it works as i have done the same on both my m8s ...

Yes and yes. Can u post the version of chromebookmarkssync.apk u used?

And did you put it in system/apps or priv-apps?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

i used the one from my dna and far as i know it goes in system/apps all i did was insert it there check perms and reboot and go to google account and check internet setting and clicked on bookmarks in browser and it asked if you want to link to them:eek:

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

the one you have should work though

What permissions are you supposed to apply to the browse for bookmarks sync to work? Do you have to apply specific permissions to the chromebookmarkssync.apk too after you move it to the system/apps directory?

TIA.

adavit

Dec 6, 2009
Lima
What permissions are you supposed to apply to the browse for bookmarks sync to work? Do you have to apply specific permissions to the chromebookmarkssync.apk too after you move it to the system/apps directory?

TIA.
make it the same permissions as all the other apps. I believe its rw-rw-r. can't remember for sure though. double check with the other apps in the system/app folder

Reactions: T4rd

replica9000

May 31, 2009
I'm going to try the HTC browser for now. I like using Dolphin, but it seems not to acknowledge the network connection when service is low, even when all other apps seem to see the network just fine.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
I flashed this over a Lollipop ROM, and when I try to save an image in the browser, it keeps crashing. Anyone know what the problem could be?

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Is it possible to make this work on the oneplusone? I really mis the htc browser

As far as it being possible, maybe, anything is. (not being a smart ass..)
As far as it being something that is worth the time to port, honestly I'm not sure on this as IDK how popular the oneplusone is and all that. But I do know that a friend ported the HTC Camera to CM (AOSP) and that relies pretty heavily on Sense. With the new HTC applications into the play store a good start may be to see if the HTC Sense Service Pack will install on your phone from the play store (I think it should).
Then look into porting apps, or try and see if their are any threads dedicated to it, as I know their are for themes, but haven't looked for porting of apps, but there is a lot of great info to be found. Best of luck.

Reactions: laz61laz

Top Liked Posts