Bionic Or Thunderbolt

Search This thread

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Hey guys Verizon needs to replace my Thunderbolt and after so many replacements they offered me a bionic. Would it be a good choice over my Bolt? We have S-off and Unlocked bootloader.

priddyma

Feb 1, 2012
Dekalb
www.facebook.com
Pros of bionic:
Dual core 1.0ghz
1gb ram
Lots of great devs

Cons:
Stock has blur
Locked bootloader
And it's moto so probably no stock ics for about a year

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Last edited:

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
I uses to have the thunderbolt. The bionic is a much better phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

Tucknology

Jul 11, 2011

Yeah this one's a no brainer. Get the bionic.

Regarding the above cons:

• Hexec workaround was recently posted allowing for custom kernels. This was really the last issue caused by the locked bootloader. In less than a month it will be old news

• There are CM9, AOKP, AOSP, and MIUI variants of ICS available now and improving daily. Who needs stock ICS?

My buddy has a tbolt and there's no comparison in the speed, responsiveness and battery life.

Last edited:
Reactions: droidgenius

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Free extended battery? How'd you manage that? #slickmoves

#slickmoves fo sho!!!

Well I told her I use the extended battery on my thunderbolt and told her that 4G phones have poor battery life. So she said ok free extended battery.
And now I'm getting $40 from a coworker for the thunderbolts extended battery and the verizon case I had. :D:thumbup:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

smokedkill

Apr 13, 2010
I love HTC special how developer friendly they are.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I think the skilled developers are on Motorola though. Look at what these guys are doing with a locked bootloader. We got a handful of ice cream with a locked bootloader. How much more can they do if it was unlocked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

ManOnTheMoon

May 7, 2011
im part of a concession line and we get upgrades every year. best buy mobile has been treating me so well that i just ended up buying the bionic. i got a tbolt for free and it was a great phone but when bionic came out like 2 months later i bought the bionic. i got it for 230 at cowboom.com. thats were we send all our phones that we get returned or serviced. its EXTREMELY cheap. spread it. i love my bionic and i plan on selling it tho. im using my tbolt because i got the infected rom on it with beats. i like it but i kind of miss my bionic. either way rezound here i come!!

coldhardtruth

Nov 5, 2011
Why would you NOT trade your garbage 3G tBolt for a bionic? Even if you had the data issues with the bionic, it's 100x better.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
Verizon is exchanging my Droid charge for the bionic, any thoughts on that? Which would you choose?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Verizon is exchanging my Droid charge for the bionic, any thoughts on that? Which would you choose?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Well so far I like it. Battery life is better then my bolt. I would get the bionic for sure. Also, just a hint tell them you saw online that to transfer data from your phone to the PC you need to Motorola USB cable just a heads up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Actually now that I've had it I would have taken a bolt again is so weird all this stuff you have to do to flash anything. And it seems lime the only roms out are ics which are ok but still too many things broken for me. And there are no stock like roms with alot of features like on sense. But I like the phone. I just had more options on the bolt being I'm a themer I want something solid I can theme. But the bolt was the best phone for everything. And my data connection and speed is the same on both phones.

Southern_mind

Mar 22, 2011
Charlotte, NC
One thing though is the bionic screen and colors in it suck big time
And the rom selection on the bolt was crazy huge.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah this one's a no brainer. Get the bionic.

Regarding the above cons:

• Hexec workaround was recently posted allowing for custom kernels. This was really the last issue caused by the locked bootloader. In less than a month it will be old news

• There are CM9, AOKP, AOSP, and MIUI variants of ICS available now and improving daily. Who needs stock ICS?

My buddy has a tbolt and there's no comparison in the speed, responsiveness and battery life.
    DUDE! Win Win WIN!

Well played, Sir.