[Q] What are the steps to install Android on HTC Surround?

Search This thread

Delux9364

Nov 5, 2009
Chinese developers are working on an Android port for HD7... the hardware between the two devices isn't very different

c'mon!! it WILL be possible, if only devs WOULD to do the os porting.
It's easy to say "that's impossible, buy a native android phone" or "try Mango.." etc

isn't this forum for developers? so, why don't they develop?
they simply don't want to do this, I suppose...... :\

hixsonkevin

Sep 17, 2010
This was the most childish post I've ever seen. 1st you ask for something and then learn you can't have it so you whine.

ryan00793

Oct 9, 2008
Riverside California
Chinese developers are working on an Android port for HD7... the hardware between the two devices isn't very different

c'mon!! it WILL be possible, if only devs WOULD to do the os porting.
It's easy to say "that's impossible, buy a native android phone" or "try Mango.." etc

isn't this forum for developers? so, why don't they develop?
they simply don't want to do this, I suppose...... :\

I don't know about you but as a person who has written many apps for a few different Operating systems (e.g. Windows, OSX, Linux (Mono,Java), Andriod, Windows Mobile 6.X, and Windows Phone 7) I can tell you the its not hard to get the OS for it since it already exists. The real problem is making drivers for the specific hardware most of the drivers for old windows mobile devices running andriod were just pulled from other phones and modified. However it seems that its not as simple this time other wise we would have something that we would be able to use. I've seen the video from the Chinese forums and I have yet to see any other windows phone 7 devices run Andriod. So as a logical guess i would bet that, that video was a HTC Thunderbolt (or some other similar device) put inside of a Surround Case. Another thing about the video is that the device is extreamly smooth which seems outlandish unless there is a direct port of the drivers from another device. I doubt this as we probably would have a nand version of andriod already. Your right about the hardware being similar but do you see an Andriod port for the HD7? I took a quick glance and didn't see anything about it.

TLDR verion; HD7 is similar but no one has a working version for HD7. Other then Xda.cn and i think that, that video is of another phone in a surround case.

equisgroup

Sep 12, 2011
The usual response, if you want an android device go and buy one.
jeje... I know ny comment do not sound polite but it's the truth.

Reactions: zephxiii

nashid

Sep 1, 2010
[EXCLUSIVE ON WPF..!!] Android for HTC Surround [BETA TESTERS REQUIRED]

its available at windows
windows phone forum.net on
Forum
Windows Phone Forum
Windows Phone Development & Hacking
[EXCLUSIVE ON WPF..!!] Android for HTC Surround [BETA TESTERS REQUIRED]

juniorkl1

Nov 22, 2008
please people be positive about this its just like when the hd2 came out many said they couldn't and then devs did it and the negative ones dont say scrap so please let be positive we just need a dev to really try it will save many lives :)

keithltk91

May 27, 2012
Sydney
quite impossible becuz of the hardware compatibility and the build structure of this phone. but who knows one day it can be done? ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The usual response, if you want an android device go and buy one.
    jeje... I know ny comment do not sound polite but it's the truth.