[rom] [19.11.13] mySENSE-dx RC3.5 (ICS | Sense 4.1) - reloaded

Search This thread

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
Link2SD not working properly....

I have to do a quick boot to work it..Look like 2nd partition is not mounting during first boot time. But I am not sure whether anything to do with the ROM

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
My experience with this ROM so far:-

Very responsive.

I am missing:-
Battery 1%
Apps hide option in Apps drawer.

Rest all looks wonderful. Brilliant work.:good:

Battery 1% - look at Add-On post#2 - Tabbed EQS
Direct link - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36771246&postcount=121

Apps hide option in Apps drawer - This and "rearrange" are special tweaks that come with the old Rosie. I leave them out as I'm not sure whether I am allowed to port those tweaks to my Rosie. Will check whether permission can be granted.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Link2SD not working properly....

I have to do a quick boot to work it..Look like 2nd partition is not mounting during first boot time. But I am not sure whether anything to do with the ROM

Link2SD needs a kernel with ext2, ext3 or ext4 support. This is what been said about Link2SD

Some phones lack the ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system support and you may get mount errors like "no such device", "invalid argument". These phones need ext2.ko or ext3.ko modules and even some additional modules to be able to mount.

Modules are kernel related.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
what you think about using swap partition? does it work good for android phones? i am new to android, thats my android device. i know that any linux kernel needs swap partition to work properly and will activate any swap partition available by default.

I don't know much about swap but based on experience with various device, swap brings improvement for a low available/usable memory (anything with below 400mb RAM).

Like One V, the usable RAM is only 360mb; swap is activate by default where HTC provide a stock kernel with swap support.

For device like Desire X with usable RAM at 607mb, swap will give only very minimal impact on performance.

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
Link2SD needs a kernel with ext2, ext3 or ext4 support. This is what been said about Link2SD

Some phones lack the ext2, ext3 or ext4 file system support and you may get mount errors like "no such device", "invalid argument". These phones need ext2.ko or ext3.ko modules and even some additional modules to be able to mount.

Modules are kernel related.

link2sd is working but only thing I have do a quick reboot to mount the 2nd partition...I am still working on this...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Battery 1% - look at Add-On post#2 - Tabbed EQS
Direct link - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36771246&postcount=121

Apps hide option in Apps drawer - This and "rearrange" are special tweaks that come with the old Rosie. I leave them out as I'm not sure whether I am allowed to port those tweaks to my Rosie. Will check whether permission can be granted.

Then what is the diff between these two Rosie?

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
link2sd is working but only thing I have do a quick reboot to mount the 2nd partition...I am still working on this...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Then what is the diff between these two Rosie?

I believe you did notice the older one has no slide and fade effect as what we have on a stock ROM Rosie (Sense Lite).

I'm sorry that I can't give support on a third party app especially when I do not use it personally.

Last edited:

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
I believe you did notice the older one has no slide and fade effect as what we have on a stock ROM Rosie (Sense Lite).

I'm sorry that I can't give support on a third party app especially when I do not use it personally.

No problem...I was trying to do something with link2sd...This phone is having enough internal memory...thx for your help.

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Re: [ROM-Proto|GSM] [31.1.13] mySENSE-dx RC2.0

First I want to say one big THANK YOU! For the rom :)
And one stupid question xD like aways, can I make the clouds on the lock screen to move more slowly ?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Flashlight

Sorry guys

Just notice the flashlight is missing from ROM.
Flash the attached Flashlight.zip in recovery

It's the Sense 4+ style Flashlight
Credit to 04kiran

Attachments

• Flashlight.zip
    300.5 KB · Views: 117
  • screenshot_2013-02-01_01-54-59.jpg
    screenshot_2013-02-01_01-54-59.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 160
  • screenshot_2013-02-01_01-55-07.jpg
    screenshot_2013-02-01_01-55-07.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 152
  • screenshot_2013-02-01_01-56-54.jpg
    screenshot_2013-02-01_01-56-54.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
First I want to say one big THANK YOU! For the rom :)
And one stupid question xD like aways, can I make the clouds on the lock screen to move more slowly ?

Not possible unless there is some value to adjust in the m10.
Anyway, the speed is normal even the same as on my One X and One S.

Reactions: Leon

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Re: [ROM-Proto|GSM] [31.1.13] mySENSE-dx RC2.0

One more thing...There is a problem,maybe only on me...When I install baterry mod i get notifications phone memory epmty, format sd card.And I cant fix it...I will reflash and make full wipe again and next time will make backup :D

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
One more thing...There is a problem,maybe only on me...When I install baterry mod i get notifications phone memory epmty, format sd card.And I cant fix it...I will reflash and make full wipe again and next time will make backup :D

Usually this happens when the phone memory formatted with wrong format or corrupted. Maybe some script change the usual format or the android secure folder is missing.

What you can do is try install the Sense Lite version then connect your device to PC with Disk Drive selected. Format the "HTC Storage" with FAT32 and Allocation unit size 4096 bytes. Once complete, reinstall the Full Sense version.

It's not your sdcard problem, but the Phone Storage/HTC Storage corrupted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010
Glad to know that a great developer like you has bought this device :) I think that many things could be done with this little phone. Community, please, make it happen ;)

Giloux1

Apr 1, 2009
Loire
Thank you for this marvelous rom.:)
RC2.0 is smooth and speedy. (Thanks for Performance optimiser.)
And thanks for the hard work.:good:

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
Hi ckpv5 (BTW...where is other ckp...v1 to 4 LOL:D)

Can I change the rosie with the old one? I need the hide option in apps drawer..if I can change then what is the deal with ..what I am going to loose.

kurilo

May 16, 2008
hello and many thanks.
i love the way this rom (edit: RC 2.0) installed my applications automaticly!!!
you are the best

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first thing I would like to say I am not a developer but at most is a modder. Usually I don't care any DEV to use/kang my work with permission or without permission as I don't mind sharing BUT this time please do not use/kang my work as there are some files that are not mine.
    PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY FILES FROM THIS ROM WITHOUT PERMISSION !!

mySENSE-dx RC3.5
    (Sense 4.1 with Android version 4.0.4)

MORE SCREENSHOT - CLICK HERE

mySENSEdx.png

Special thanks to torxx for the permission to use some of stuff of his superb TrickDroid ROM
    Special thanks to lowveld for the permission to use part of his fabulous Fallout Tweaks and Nikhil007mmus and huazvi for all the guides, wonderful files and mods
    and jotha+Dunc001 for their great APM mod and big thanks to VirtuousTeam for their fantastic Virtuous Ten Studio
    and Special thanks to Skanob, Fabriel and swes013 for the HTC One SV system dump
    and Special thanks to neXus PRIME and atis112 for the neXusKERNEL

Credits.png

• mdeejay, Coolexe, Football, AndroidON, Chainfire, tbriden, jotha, j4n87, maxwen, Fikus011, hasoon2000, shnizlon, UOT Kitchen team, hamdir, Leoisright, dropzeroc, geenyous, evilkal, Amarullz,Michxda, emperact, lesscro, jarein95, ivanrvf, huzz107
    • PlayPetepp for the mixxed tweaks
    • All the testers for the test versions and the DEVs that are always helpful and members here on xda and who that I forgot

Features.png

• hTC Desire X + hTC One SV base files
    • Sense 4.1 with Android version 4.0.4
    • hTC write protection disabled (flash the attached kernel (Boot.img_Installer_RC3.5.zip))
    • Fully themed with Sense 5 icons for apps, widgets, settings, APM, PCSC & etc
    • Rosie with Menu Button Support
    • Unlock Animation
    • Tabbed dialer
    • EQS and APM
    • Sense 4 style recent apps
    • Fully Deodexed all APKs & JARs
    • Zipaligned system APKs
    • Ext4 File system with Alignment
    • init.d Support
    • Data APKs auto zipalign at boot
    • Busybox, Root, Superuser
    • Languages : Multilingual - Full WWE
    • Three kind of actions for the recent apps button
      (go to Settings - Display, gestures & button - Recent apps button and pick your choice - my favorite is the third one)
      1. Always open recent apps - where you will have that 3-dot menu
      2. Press for menu, press and hold for recent apps - self explanatory
      3. Press for recent apps, press and hold for menu - self explanatory

Changelog.png

Code:
    [B]19 November 2013 - mySENSE-dx RC3.5 - reloaded[/B]
    * Works on both ICS and JB hboot
    * All apps updated as at 19/11/2013

[B]07 April 2013 - mySENSE-dx RC3.5[/B]
    * Based on Desire X 1.18.707.3 + One SV 1.17.401.3
    * Sense 5 themed - icons, widgets, PCSC & etc
    * Matte Skin and Infinite Skin fixed to work in new base

[B]04 February 2013 - mySENSE-dx RC3.0[/B]
    * New base
    * All bugs as mentioned on post #3 fixed.
    * Fix the crash when unlocking if using the SIM card lock as security
    * Fixed Worldclock
    * Fixed Weather video in landscape mode
    Requirements.png

• Unlocked bootloader & Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    • ICS hboot - use ICS recovery
    • JB hboot - use JB recovery
    • only use ICS boot.img or use the one attached on OP

Instructions.png

• Installing mySENSE-dx boot.img
    • Download the attached Boot.img_Installer_RC3.5.zip and extract it to your desktop
    • Boot into bootloader/fastboot mode
    • Connect your DX to PC
    • Open the Boot.img_Installer_RC3.5 folder and run the Install Boot.img.bat

Notes.png

• There is no need to make a full wipe when installing mySENSE-dx_RC3.5 on top of mySENSE-dx_RC3.0 but a full wipe installation is always highly recommended
    • A full wipe installation is needed when coming from other ROMs
    • First time loading of the homescreen will take awhile; let it settle down for 5 minutes

Kernel Sources:
    https://github.com/ProtoU/htc_kernel_protou
    Advanced Power Menu V1

Hi All
    Here I present a port of Advanced Power Menu (APM) V1 from my One V ROM for mySENSE-dx RC1.0
    It offers some often used shortcuts on a long-press on Power-Button. Press on Restart, it will take you to the second menu with more choices

Important:
    • This APM may work for any deodexed roms of base 1.18. Please do NOT use with any other base (could work, need not) or stock rom (will end in bootloop).
    • Do not use any other mods that modify android.policy.jar or framework-res.apk or the two would eliminate each other which could lead to bootloop or other unwanted effects
    • Please make nandroid backup before flashing
    • Flash in recovery

Credit to the original Dev for the files used.. (Sorry to say I don't know who the original Dev is, if not I would have mentioned name)
    Some themes that mostly will work for mySENSE-dx
    Please make nandroid backup before you try any themes

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886121

Thanks to huzz107