UnrEVOked v3.1 [**UPDATED**] Is Out - ROOT NO LONGER REQUIRED + NEW CLOCKWORK 2.5.0.5

Search This thread

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
I should have said that it says pushing image but never goes any farther than that. Also does this program also root the ERIS as well?

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Odd ... the five phones they list on their FAQ are different than the five phones they have downloads for ... the ERIS (vs Hero) being the difference; but the release note says it now supports the Eris. Yikes.

So then it will not work for the ERIS? On the support page it says the following.

Supported Devices
unrevoked3 currently supports the following Android phones:

Sprint EVO 4G (HTC Supersonic)
Droid Incredible (HTC Incredible)
HTC Desire
HTC Aria
Droid Eris (HTC DesireC)

So that is why I thought it would work for the ERIS.

Last edited:

jstuart91

Jan 21, 2009
I'm stuck on the pushing recovery image. (Been about 15mins)

Check to make sure you don't have HTC Driver Installer installed on your computer. I un-installed the HTC Sync as per the instructions and had the same issue. After I un-installed the HTC Driver Installer and tried again it finished in about 2 minutes.

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
He tried that and got farther. Now it says Communications with the phone unexpectedly interupted. Please try again. Tried it again and same thing.

contagous

May 4, 2009
EEK! the cat show rules :)

So got nandroid backup working :) Thanks Adrynalne

also anyone know where I can find how to make the wifi tether work now I got root via unrEVOked3 and how to remove certain apps like cityid and the verizon backup thing that loads every time I restart phone? without using adb? So much stuff on these forums now, I can't ever find the most recent way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

*edit*

Is it Barnacle WiFi Tether from market for wireless tethering?

Update

I was able to remove the following apps:

CityID
Stock
PDF Viewer
Flickr
Visual Voice
htctwitter
mail
htcmail
friendstream
footprints

Thanks so much for an easy root :)

Question, How do I install the new recovery 2.5? or do I not need to?

Thanks

Hatman41

Jun 4, 2010
Hermitage
Update

CityID
Stock
PDF Viewer
Flickr
Visual Voice
htctwitter
mail
htcmail
friendstream
footprints

Thanks

Look at the first page of this post. It tells you how to install 2.5

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Many Many Many Threads

Update

CityID
Stock
PDF Viewer
Flickr
Visual Voice
htctwitter
mail
htcmail
friendstream
footprints

Thanks

YIKES - With this, I am fairly sure you have not read the multiple other streams on this issue, but I suspect you will soon notice that you have lost a substantial amount of functionality on your phone. Much analysis has been done on other threads as to what will break other things.

contagous

May 4, 2009
YIKES - With this, I am fairly sure you have not read the multiple other streams on this issue, but I suspect you will soon notice that you have lost a substantial amount of functionality on your phone. Much analysis has been done on other threads as to what will break other things.

... When I was looking around I couldn't find anything saying these was bad :(, I have a nandroid backup from before I did it, so Should be able to get back if any probs...

Every time I've looked around I saw lots of people say these was ok, although its been around a week since I last checked around, I had everything saved in a Notepad document ready...

What you think I should notice? and should I go back? I thought removing those app's was fine.....

is it not?...

Can you point me to some of those links saying its bad? cos All i find are people saying they removed lots...

I never used any of these apps, what would they impact?

another note...

Managed to get wifi tethering working thanks to finally finding the unrevoked page about it again.

*edit*

also on Clockwork 2.5 now

Last edited:

obsidianblackhawk

May 19, 2010
Citrus Heights, CA
I'm not sure if this helps at all with the communication error people are receiving, but i found that if i uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled the drivers again, using the ones that come with unrEVOked3, that i no longer have this issue and am able to repeatedly run the process without fault after that.

contagous

May 4, 2009

Dude explain please, cos I haven't seen anything around... U got me a little worried...

I only use Gmail contacts on my phone, and never use twitter or FriendStream or htc mail, so what can i break by removing these?

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
Is anybody else having problems with the 2.5 clockworkmod? It's telling me that it failed to mount both the /data and /cache folders:

Can't Mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)
Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command
Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)
Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log
Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)

I'm wondering if somehow the clockworkmod linked earlier was for a different phone, and now I'm stuck with a recovery that doesn't, and a phone that won't boot (I can get into recovery though, just can't wipe the data or cache folders, and it won't complete a rom install, fails writing to /data).

Definitely a bad nand/flash in this phone, got it reflashed back to stock, no clockwork, etc, and it still won't boot. I was getting bad block errors in the dmesg log files, so I'm guessing I'll be heading back to the verizon store shortly and will have to wait ANOTHER friggin month.

Last edited:

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts