New ROM Xxjpk 2.2 Froyo

Search This thread

Dawgplg

Jul 15, 2008
I did the same thing except I used the JPK modem and 513 pit, and also didn't repartition. Rooted with the kernel downgrade method as well.
Got 850mhz working too :)

Do you know if its required to Flash the Phone or CSC? I updated to JPH last week and things went alright, but these instructions seem a bit different, and the pack includes a Modem and CSC file. Also how do you ensure you have the 850band working, everytime i check which its using it says 1900.

If you could post a screen of your odin that would be great.

Good to hear some Bell people are trying this out. Im loving JPH, if it wasnt for that Exchange bug I would leave as is.

Thanks,

cloudrainstar

Sep 1, 2010
Taichung
i have 850 mhz working to, and its good to hear im not the only one in Canada trying these things :p

nevermind, lost 850mhz again after installing CSC with am "start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig"

flashed JH2 modem now, and reinstalled CSC, and now it's back.

Do you know if its required to Flash the Phone or CSC? I updated to JPH last week and things went alright, but these instructions seem a bit different, and the pack includes a Modem and CSC file. Also how do you ensure you have the 850band working, everytime i check which its using it says 1900.

If you could post a screen of your odin that would be great.

Good to hear some Bell people are trying this out. Im loving JPH, if it wasnt for that Exchange bug I would leave as is.

Thanks,

xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8258482&postcount=33

That's the way I'm checking my 850mhz, by going to a band I don't have first then activating 850mhz only.

Dawgplg

Jul 15, 2008
nevermind, lost 850mhz again after installing CSC with am "start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.Preconfig/com.android.Preconfig.Preconfig"

flashed JH2 modem now, and reinstalled CSC, and now it's back.

xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8258482&postcount=33

That's the way I'm checking my 850mhz, by going to a band I don't have first then activating 850mhz only.

Thanks Ill check it out.

TheChancellor

Aug 16, 2010
Alright guys. Bell Galaxy user here. I'm gonna try and flash a JPK PDA with a JH2 Modem and CSC. Two questions for other Bell Galaxy users. What pit file are you guys using and are you re-partitioning?

dwillMUFC

Apr 25, 2010
JPK + Root + ryan za OCLF 2.1.1 + Launcher pro ( super fast home screen compared with touchwiz) =

Quadrant - 1911

linpack - 14.422

Dan

rmanaudio

Aug 27, 2010
GTA
Do I need to disable Voodoo lagfix first before flashing this froyo build?

Also, does this PDA load new kernal so that it gets rid of the Voodoo?

m58fqt

Aug 13, 2010
i used 512 pit file and as for repartition, i did it but aperently others are having troubles with it, when in doubt leave it off

karayemis

Jul 15, 2010
Utrecht
i flashed yahoo only No changes on the 512 ram..
I had voodoo lagfix does flashing to a new firmware remove the voodoo lagfix ? or doe i have to reinstall

Project1.exe

Jul 20, 2010
if Samsung Apps prompts there's a new Task Manager, does that mean it's newer than the f/w? Task Manager in samsung apps is updated Sept. 13, but the f/w is dated 9/21...

samsungleak

Sep 23, 2010
<ID:0/013> MD5 hash value is invalid.

i am getting a fail when i try to flash using 512 pit .. what am i doing wrong?

flypubec

Aug 27, 2010
There are many unanswered questions about the flashing and what it actually brings to the plate.

So here i my top 10 personal favorites:
btw..currently I have eclair JM4, root + Chainfire's 1.8 lag fix (Ext 2) and am considering flashing JPK as my first froyo.

1) Do I need to to uninstall the lagfix before flashing JPK?
2) Do I need to unroot before flashing JPK?
3) Will my current CSC/sale&product code remain the same
4) After flashing, will I be able to update to the official ROM when available over kies ?
5) will I loose any data/settings after flashing ?
6) will I have any problems with protected market apps ?
7)What languages/Swype are included and what providers (CSC codes) are included in the provided OXA Multi CSC (I know it's a long list but haven't seen it anywhere)
8) If I want to have my language (e.g. slovenian) can I simply install the old Multi CSC from JM6 for example and then change the CSC ?
9) If I want to have the swype in my language can I copy the swype.apk and .so from my current eclair ROM ?
10) Do I ask too much ?

Top Liked Posts