[Q] S3 keeps restarting on its own

Search This thread

ixtra

Mar 31, 2011
I created this new thread because the others dont really describe the actual problem Im facing with my phone,
Suddenly my phone restarted and its not starting up moreover once or twice it did make it to the home screen but it keeps on locking like the power button is being continuously pressed and again its restarting.. Moreover when i remove the battery and place it again it starts restarting again..

Is it a software problem or should I take it to the service center?:(

alex.sg

Nov 24, 2012
Bucharest
I encountered a similar issue a few weeks ago, my phone kept rebooting now and then. Knowing about the "sudden death" issue, I verified and it all was OK. My problem was a hardware one. The power button had an issue, so almost whenever I tucked it into my pocket it rebooted. Continuously. Even after I removed the battery and put it back it kept rebooting. I took it to a GSM service and I had it fixed in 10 minutes for about $10. They replaced the power button (the plastic and that rubber-like thingy). I'm glad they didn't have to remove the mechanical button. Also you could check the battery contacts (on the battery itself) and clean them - use something hard that can wipe off any residue.

Last edited:

ixtra

Mar 31, 2011
Repaired

Thanks for the replies, the power button indeed was at fault, replaced and now its working great :)