[FXZ] Droid Bionic Stock 5.5.1_84_DBN-55

Search This thread

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
The custom recovery that will allow you to backup your device quickly and easily has not been released yet. There are two versions in development right now, a bootstrap version by CVPCS and a 2nd init version by Has code. Both work and are both using CWM recovery but implemented in slightly different ways.

When those devs have worked through the details and packaged them, they will be released publicly.

Then it will be completely safe to start messing around...in the meantime this file gives us the security of knowing we have a failsafe when the other pieces fall into place.

Reactions: Tommymac1039

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Can some kind soul pls enlighten a noob here....

Lets say hypothetically:
1. I root my device.
2. I delete stuff that should not have been deleted.
3. I completely F it up! So its bricked.

My Questions are:

1. Will running these steps bring my Bionic back to life?
2. If yes, will it be the pre-rooted - factory delivered state?
3. Will big red be able to detect that it was ever rooted?

wseyller

Nov 23, 2009

Lets say hypothetically:
1. I root my device.

My Questions are:

1. Yes
2 Will be just as it was when you bought it. Not pre-rooted.
3. No

Reactions: TauntingBull

draco259

Nov 1, 2010

Lets say hypothetically:
1. I root my device.

My Questions are:

I would suggest using titanium and just freeze the apps. You can find safe lists or i can post my list. I have about 30 frozen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Reactions: TauntingBull

carzaddict

Mar 5, 2009
The custom recovery that will allow you to backup your device quickly and easily has not been released yet. There are two versions in development right now, a bootstrap version by CVPCS and a 2nd init version by Has code. Both work and are both using CWM recovery but implemented in slightly different ways.

When those devs have worked through the details and packaged them, they will be released publicly.

Then it will be completely safe to start messing around...in the meantime this file gives us the security of knowing we have a failsafe when the other pieces fall into place.

will both these recovery tools allow me to make nandroid backup/restores?

since they are different...what are the pros/cons to each?

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
will both these recovery tools allow me to make nandroid backup/restores?

since they are different...what are the pros/cons to each?
No, these are just tools for returning your phone to stock. They do not allow for backups. We will not have nandroid backups until CWM is released, which should be soon.

mataco

Dec 20, 2010
Orlando
I went into Titanium Backup and did something funky to the task manager 10, like "convert to user app" and it was so messed up and I don't even remember why I tried to do it hah. Constantly popping up with force close errors, and when I rebooted, each time I would restart the phone a different app would be missing. Restoring the task manager with titanium did nothing, it would just get held up trying to restore.

This method works perfect and saved my phone, I think that deserves a donation lol :)

Chopteeth

Sep 10, 2011
So I want to flash my Bionic so I can return it, I downloaded all the drivers, installed them, downloaded RSD Lite and the full FXZ file, and hooked up my Bionic, but when I open the FXZ in RSD Lite the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" option is greyed out. It doesn't seem like RSD Lite is recognizing my device. Can anyone help?

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
So I want to flash my Bionic so I can return it, I downloaded all the drivers, installed them, downloaded RSD Lite and the full FXZ file, and hooked up my Bionic, but when I open the FXZ in RSD Lite the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" option is greyed out. It doesn't seem like RSD Lite is recognizing my device. Can anyone help?

Just do uncompress only first, then click on start.

Reactions: Chopteeth

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
how long should the flash process take, i tried using the full fxz and it failed at 9/15 saying the data size is not what was expected and failed. I am currently trying the minimal fxz and it failed at 4/5 giving the same error, what am i doing wrong and how can i fix this

mikecheat04

Sep 13, 2011
Natchitoches, LA
how long should the flash process take, i tried using the full fxz and it failed at 9/15 saying the data size is not what was expected and failed. I am currently trying the minimal fxz and it failed at 4/5 giving the same error, what am i doing wrong and how can i fix this

I'm getting the same error as this guy...any ideas??? PS I bricked my phone by doing the 10% battery mode and then switching back to stock. Got a bunch of FCs so I shut it down and now it won't get past the boot screen...

crxlvr

Jan 24, 2011
New York
at least you get to the boot screen. I think the fail is coming from the battery not being 100%, thats what it seems like to me. unfortunatley since my phone will do nothing but go to the ap flash screen, it will not charge at all. Gladly i work at radio shack and have some universal battery charger and will use that and then flash at work to see if it works.

mikecheat04

Sep 13, 2011
Natchitoches, LA
Yeah I think you're right because as soon as it gives the error there's a low battery warning on the screen. Unfortunately I do not work at RadioShack....how in the hell am I gonna charge my battery

Reactions: cellzealot

cellzealot

Jan 4, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
If you have low battery then you have several choices.

First, buy a spare battery or an external charger.

Second, borrow someone's Bionic to charge your battery in.

Third, hotwire a charger to your battery buy cutting off the ends and physically connecting the wires to the battery contacts. This is NOT recommended for obvious reasons, but it does work and you can even find video tutorials on YouTube to help you with it.

Fourth, use a special USB cable known as a "factory cable" which has a different pin out than a normal USB cable that will power the device directly, bypassing the charging circuit, with the battery removed.

Where do you get one?

Well, you can make it yourself if you are very handy with a soldering iron and have a good workbench setup with a micro tip soldering iron and station setup with jigs etc. to hold everything in place, or you can buy one from TBH.

We got a few of these cables from our sources at Moto a while back and realized how valuable they were for users wh flash their phones often and are likely to end up in this situation.
So we went to the trouble of figuring out what the pin out arrangement was by dissecting the cable and had a small number produced for us by a local supplier.
As a result of this extremely limited production, they are very expensive, but we have them available on our site for $35 if you are interested. We are not in the business of selling cables to make a profit, we did this as a service for our users because we felt it was an opportunity to provide a unique tool that is very valuable that is not available to end users normally.

We are NOT trying to take advantage of users who are stuck with bricked devices and recommend to everyone to always charge your phone completely every time you start any operation which could leave the phone unbootable for any reason and to have spare batteries or external charger in order to avoid the problem, but we do have a permanent solution for you.

Anyone interested can check it out at http://shop.teamblackhat.info/main.SC

We recently ordered a new batch as we sold out and they should be ready to ship in a couple days.

Top Liked Posts