TWRP touch recovery device list

Search This thread

y4ya

Jul 21, 2012
I got a problem. I try to flash a few roms and all of them are coming with error 1. I tough that I am doing something wrong, bu then I flash the cm recovery and the roms install fine. What it is with this recovery?. The other "thing". What kind of compression are you all using. I try to de-compress the files to retrieve some of my app that I downloaded. I can not extract the system and data. What do I need to extract it?. Thanks. I really like the touch but if I can not install a rom, it is useless to me. Just want to recover apps from back up.

so do i.. :confused: feature of TWRP is cool
but i don't understand to use it,
please,, any body can help give me some tutorial to use TWRP??
thanks be4...

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
There are many posts on xda you can search for to see pecularities for a specific device. But you can start by reading http://teamw.in/twrpfaq

Thank you!
I have one question - in TWRP home screen, what is the middle soft button (between the back and the home buttons)? The middle soft button that looks like a small square?

P.S. Just noticed in the FAQ - http://teamw.in/exFAT states that 64GB or larger exFAT partitions aren't supported - but they are, now, right? (I was able to backup using the latest TWRP to my 64GB card. While I didn't flash from the microSD, I was able to browse it in TWRP)

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Thank you!
I have one question - in TWRP home screen, what is the middle soft button (between the back and the home buttons)? The middle soft button that looks like a small square?

P.S. Just noticed in the FAQ - http://teamw.in/exFAT states that 64GB or larger exFAT partitions aren't supported - but they are, now, right? (I was able to backup using the latest TWRP to my 64GB card. While I didn't flash from the microSD, I was able to browse it in TWRP)

As long as exfat and fuse works on your device. It's a per device compatibility via kernel fuse modules.

Reactions: jj14

androidfr33k

Sep 29, 2012
I hope this has not been answered already. I could not find the real answer to this from a google search. Will Wipe/Advanced ticking all except OTG-USB wipe the kernel to? I am assuming boot.img contains the kernel etc.

Reason I ask is because there is a kernel cleaning utility floating around the XDA forums and I don't understand the need if we can do a full wipe in TWRP unless it does not touch the Kernel?

I am guessing that if you do a lot of rom updates maybe the kernel could use a cleaning after so many times? The new Rom you flash also flashes a new kernel but just not sure if this is considered a clean install of a new kernel or not since it installs the kernel to boot.img correct?

I see system wipe option but not sure if that really wipes the kernel? All other options make no reference to wiping the kernel in TWRP.

Thanks

Last edited:

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
I hope this has not been answered already. I could not find the real answer to this from a google search. Will Wipe/Advanced ticking all except OTG-USB wipe the kernel to? I am assuming boot.img contains the kernel etc.

Reason I ask is because there is a kernel cleaning utility floating around the XDA forums and I don't understand the need if we can do a full wipe in TWRP unless it does not touch the Kernel?

I am guessing that if you do a lot of rom updates maybe the kernel could use a cleaning after so many times? The new Rom you flash also flashes a new kernel but just not sure if this is considered a clean install of a new kernel or not since it installs the kernel to boot.img correct?

I see system wipe option but not sure if that really wipes the kernel? All other options make no reference to wiping the kernel in TWRP.

Thanks

We don't wipe the boot partition.

androidfr33k

Sep 29, 2012
Is there a possible bug in both Chainfire's latest versions of SuperSu v1.60/V1.65 and TWRP version 2.6.2? I am getting messages now that root permissions are broken. Slider to fix or click no to fix. I get the message anytime I boot into TWRP and do nothing at all except reboot.

I don't know if this bug is from both applications or one or the other? Chainfire's threads claim it to be a bug in TWRP?

Anyone?

pradeeppk

Feb 8, 2012
KERALA
Is this use capcitive button.
My phone's capacitive buttons are not working. Now using lmt

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Could you possibly fix the issue with init.d injector failing to work under TWRP (latest version for T989) Or provide a way around this please :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45688859#post45688859

Injector Log:
Starting Injector v.0.2.14
/tmp/aroma-data/injector/injector.sh: line 382: /tmp/busybox: not found
Using /tmp/aroma-data/busybox as the toolbox for this script
Using configuration file global.conf
Extracting the device boot.img
[[: /dev/block/mmcblk0p8: unknown operand
It was not possible to extract the boot.img from the device!
Moving log file to /sdcard/Injector/injector.log

Attachments

• injector.txt
    380 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Could you possibly fix the issue with init.d injector failing to work under TWRP (latest version for T989) Or provide a way around this please :)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=45688859#post45688859

Injector Log:
Starting Injector v.0.2.14
/tmp/aroma-data/injector/injector.sh: line 382: /tmp/busybox: not found
Using /tmp/aroma-data/busybox as the toolbox for this script
Using configuration file global.conf
Extracting the device boot.img
[[: /dev/block/mmcblk0p8: unknown operand
It was not possible to extract the boot.img from the device!
Moving log file to /sdcard/Injector/injector.log

We don't maintain external zips. I would suggest asking who created that script why he's not using busybox out of /sbin/.

Reactions: demoncamber

ScorpHK

Jun 18, 2017
Any news for TWRP for 50569 alcatel onetouch fierce 4 andro 6.0.1 please help thanks i really need Root on this device. All links to root methods are fails .

Top Liked Posts