Goophone i5 MT6575 ROM & 3G fix

Search This thread

giuido

Mar 27, 2013
Thunderbird i5 cect-shop

Link for zip thunderbird i5
chinamobiles.org/showthread.php?34208-Thunderbird-I5-cect-shop-nur-noch-recovery-mode&highlight=thunderbird[/url]

Reactions: zaryan

yaneeck

Mar 28, 2009
here you have - backup from my phone.. maybe it helps someone

filedropperdotcom
/userdata 20130314163854

remove space :)

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
here you have - backup from my phone.. maybe it helps someone

filedropperdotcom
/userdata 20130314163854

remove space :)

Thanks!
May I know what you used to back up?
How can I restore using this .backup file?
I tried many way but still cannot...
By the way how big is your file ?
The download stopped half way...
The max file size I got is around 6mb only...

Last edited:

yaneeck

Mar 28, 2009
Thanks!
May I know what you used to back up?
How can I restore using this .backup file?
I tried many way but still cannot...
By the way how big is your file ?
The download stopped half way...
The max file size I got is around 6mb only...

I will check details tommorow.

But I have another problem with this phone (it starts annoying me grhhhhh)
I can make a phone call, I can send and receive sms but... when somebody calls me he has a message "line is busy" and can not make the phone call and goophone does not even show missed call or sth. When I turn on the voicemail option it technicly the same - caller is redirected to my voice mail at once. I checked my sim card in another phone (samsung galaxy) and it works well... Anybody knows whats going on ??

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys, I will get the stock rom for this phone in 3 [business] days.

So be patient don't mess up with your phone a lot, Like i did, Mine is completely dead.

Last edited:

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
UPDATE: Ok, for people who have bricked the phone like i did, I still see some hope, I was able to get it connected to SP Flash Tool and flash some ROMs (again I know, didn't learn the lesson yet :D) So basically there's nothing on the screen but it gets connected for sure.

How to do that, make sure your phone's battery is completely dead like put your phone away for couple of hours (I waited it for next day) and now hold VOLUME + and POWER button and now connect the usb to phone, do not release buttons until you get connected.

Last edited:

FTO2g

Mar 31, 2013
How to root?

Hey guys!

i got the phone yesterday (goophone i5 MT6575) and it seems that it's a Thunderbird i5. i can dump the stock rom if you want, but i really want to root the phone, i tried serveral (more than 10 root) tools and all say BLUE blabla or even ADB cannot connect to device. also, how could we install the CMW recovery on our thunderbird? mine right now only has 4 options, so no restoring at all.

Thanks for the help!

P.S i am a Apple Developer (and Cydia jailbroken) (i have a original iPhone 5, i bought this device for my brother) i know C#,C and Objective-C++. if there is a need for a Tool to flash/root i am happy to help you guys.

Last edited:

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys!

i got the phone yesterday (goophone i5 MT6575) and it seems that it's a Thunderbird i5. i can dump the stock rom if you want, but i really want to root the phone, i tried serveral (more than 10 root) tools and all say BLUE blabla or even ADB cannot connect to device. also, how could we install the CMW recovery on our thunderbird? mine right now only has 4 options, so no restoring at all.

Thanks for the help!

P.S i am a Apple Developer (and Cydia jailbroken) (i have a original iPhone 5, i bought this device for my brother) i know C#,C and Objective-C++. if there is a need for a Tool to flash/root i am happy to help you guys.
8zekj5.jpg

This is thunderbird i5 lte- the fake goophone i5 lte
Make sure your model looks the same as that.

Root is easy, download the file here http://www.filedropper.com/mtkdroidtools, Run MTKDROIDTOOLS.exe, wait for phone detection, once done see if you can find a root button next to ADB terminal button
Click it and you're done. Then go to root tab and click super user, also delete chinese apps button exists over there, you can use if you want.

159418d1358005667-how-anleitung-rooten-installation-von-cwm-bildschirminhalt-erfassen-13.png

Last edited:

The Gunner94

Mar 15, 2013
Reinstall ROM

Can someone give me link for back up ROM for this phone , or tell me how to Reinstall ROM , with flash tool. Thanks :fingers-crossed:

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
UPDATE: Ok, for people who have bricked the phone like i did, I still see some hope, I was able to get it connected to SP Flash Tool and flash some ROMs (again I know, didn't learn the lesson yet :D) So basically there's nothing on the screen but it gets connected for sure.

How to do that, make sure your phone's battery is completely dead like put your phone away for couple of hours (I waited it for next day) and now hold VOLUME + and POWER button and now connect the usb to phone, do not release buttons until you get connected.

Still waiting for your ROM bro...

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
Yes... MTK 6575 1GHZ , RAM 512 MB , 16 GB SD CARD 4.2.1 android, i have bug with andoid and must reinstall the ROM thanks! :)

Yea, that's the one, If your phone turns on and you can actually use the software, then You can help us reach there and when we reach there we can help you :p

I will make a video to show you how to back up and then how to restore.

_______

I was promised by fastcardtech to provide the ROM for thunderbird i5 lte in 3 days, however I don't see any emails yet, I will still keep pushing them, Please I would request each one of you to please force your supplier to provide you the ROM for this phone.

Thank you

Reactions: The Gunner94

The Gunner94

Mar 15, 2013
Yea, that's the one, If your phone turns on and you can actually use the software, then You can help us reach there and when we reach there we can help you :p

_______

I was promised by fastcardtech to provide the ROM for thunderbird i5 lte in 3 days, however I don't see any emails yet, I will still keep pushing them, Please I would request each one of you to please force your supplier to provide you the ROM for this phone.

Thank you
I want to install rom from other phone , for example back up from your phone to install to mine, because my rom is some but have Bug . I got black screen and is caused by 4.2.1 andorid and first like to reinstall the some rom, than if don't work to install rom with 4.0.4 android for example :)

FTO2g

Mar 31, 2013
hmm

Can someone tell my why my Thunderbird i5 is on 2.3.6? i really want 4.2.1. and i can't root it. i tried all Rooting tools yet. still waiting for your rom! hopefully i can upgrade to 4.2.1

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
Can someone tell my why my Thunderbird i5 is on 2.3.6? i really want 4.2.1. and i can't root it. i tried all Rooting tools yet. still waiting for your rom! hopefully i can upgrade to 4.2.1

Is your thunderbird i5 "LTE"
If yes, please make a backup of your ROM to help us, atleast make our phone in running state.
Our system has been wiped off unfortunately.

zaryan

Oct 14, 2012
Toronto
GOOD NEWS:

I got a working ROM for thunderbird i5 lte aka goophone i5 lite - WHITE VERSION ONLY

I flashed it and its working, I will fix it and upload it soon in 24 hours.

antarec

Apr 17, 2013
ROM for thunderbird i5

GOOD NEWS:

I got a working ROM for thunderbird i5 lte aka goophone i5 lite - WHITE VERSION ONLY

I flashed it and its working, I will fix it and upload it soon in 24 hours.

Hello, I am new to the forum and sorry for my english,
I have this phone ....

Hi..m use MTK Droid Root & Tool
My Phone information

Hardware : MT6575(MT6577 is fake!)
Model : iPhone5
Build number : ALPS.GB2.MP.V2
Build date UTC : 20121201-065458
Android v : 4.2.1
Baseband v : MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V7. 2012/02/14 18:37

Kernel v : 2.6.35.7(s022@s02)(gcc version 4.4.3
(GCC) # Sat Dec 1 15:47:09 CST 2012

Uboot build v : MAIN2.2.ubt.3390
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35560_mipi

but still be all I did something not to be expert.
my seller sent me the rom the phone but how to flash the phone can you tell me a guide for a video to set the phone?
I can send you the rom the phone
thank you all for the help

NorthWind89

Mar 18, 2013
Hello, I am new to the forum and sorry for my english,
I have this phone ....

Hi..m use MTK Droid Root & Tool
My Phone information

Hardware : MT6575(MT6577 is fake!)
Model : iPhone5
Build number : ALPS.GB2.MP.V2
Build date UTC : 20121201-065458
Android v : 4.2.1
Baseband v : MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V7. 2012/02/14 18:37

Kernel v : 2.6.35.7(s022@s02)(gcc version 4.4.3
(GCC) # Sat Dec 1 15:47:09 CST 2012

Uboot build v : MAIN2.2.ubt.3390
LCD Driver IC : 1-nt35560_mipi

but still be all I did something not to be expert.
my seller sent me the rom the phone but how to flash the phone can you tell me a guide for a video to set the phone?
I can send you the rom the phone
thank you all for the help

Please upload the ROM for us too...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all!
    So after much careful consideration I've decided to post this thread.

This thread is for all those people with the Goophone that isn't like the others. The ugly duckling - so to speak.
    I purchased a goophone i5 from "efit" from dhgate.com after watching mayianjay's Youtube videos.
    http://www.dhgate.com/goophone-i5-m...oid-4/p-ff8080813a071f7b013a594a682b5965.html

Unfortunately the phone WASN'T the same as mayianjay's and NONE of his rom's work with this particular model, even further I couldn't find a CWM or TWRP recovery.img anywhere on the internet that was compatible with this phone, so I thought I'd help out my new friends of XDA and provide you guys with as much information as possible.

The phone model information is as follows (according to Android System Info.apk).
    Android Version: 4.2.1
    CPU: MT6575
    CPU Hardware: MT6577
    CPU HardwareP1: MT6575
    Resolution: 480 x 854
    DPI: 240
    Brand: MZ
    Device: E939
    Model:iphone 5

Now, if this is what your phone looks like then I have good news for you - as you are almost certainly wondering where to find a recovery.img - See the attachment below. You will need flash tools which you can downloaded here : http://xdaforums.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=10599596, alternatively you can try using MobileUncle. For this particular model you just have to have the phone off before commencing the flash with flash tools.

The recovery image provided comes with TWRP and if it STILL doesn't work for you then your only other option is building your own - which can be found reading my dear friend yuweng's post here. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1825722&page=1 - There are alot of tutorials on his post and you can learn much on your endeavor to flashing your phone :victory:

Currently I have been unsuccessful installing any roms as I get "assert failed:write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img")" when trying to install any ROM, which tells me that there are no supported ROMs for this device yet.
    ROM's I've tried..

None from Colonelzap's blog work for this model
    mayianjay'
    XDA-Goophone i5 Lite ROM with the 3g fix also doesn't install.

But fear not. I'll make my own rom fixes if I have too! If you need help with your Goophone I'm happy to assist. Although I haven't gotten quiet there yet I do believe I'm a stone ahead of many others. Also - I have a question to anyone out here who has fixed the 3g connection on the phone, How'd you do it?! :eek:
    Thunderbird i5 cect-shop

Link for zip thunderbird i5
    chinamobiles.org/showthread.php?34208-Thunderbird-I5-cect-shop-nur-noch-recovery-mode&highlight=thunderbird[/url]
    Yes... MTK 6575 1GHZ , RAM 512 MB , 16 GB SD CARD 4.2.1 android, i have bug with andoid and must reinstall the ROM thanks! :)

_______

Thank you
    has a recovery for my thunderbird i5 I can not get into recovery mode. you can install a ClockworkMod? which to install? thanks for help

TWRP recovery is attached below, flash using SP flash tool

it can do work close to CWM