[Q] Cannot update bootloader after relock the phone

Search This thread

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
Hi there,

I bought a new motherboard for my HTC One X - 16 GB and after download and install via OTA the new Android, I got stucked.

After trying to install all the stuff I found on the internet, I really got stucked and I cannot go on without getting back the official version (I just need to use my phone back, because it took 4 months to the motherboard to arrive here).

When I power on the phone, the HTC quietly brilliant appears and a red message too ("This version is for development and bla bla bla"). Then, it goes to the main screen, where it says:
"
*** RELOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPDL-none
MICROP-none
RADIO-NONE
"

My CID is unknown now, I don't know why, but my original CID is HTCCN701.

I don't really know what to do. When I run "fastboot flash boot boot.img" with the RUU, it gives me error (batery low, even though I recharged it all night long or 000000008), and when I try it again, it runs for 20> minutes and say "too many connections".

If anyone have any tips for me, please just send it. I've waited a lot for this motherboard to arrive and now I can't use the phone. :/

Poojan Patel

Jan 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Hi there,

I bought a new motherboard for my HTC One X - 16 GB and after download and install via OTA the new Android, I got stucked.

After trying to install all the stuff I found on the internet, I really got stucked and I cannot go on without getting back the official version (I just need to use my phone back, because it took 4 months to the motherboard to arrive here).

When I power on the phone, the HTC quietly brilliant appears and a red message too ("This version is for development and bla bla bla"). Then, it goes to the main screen, where it says:
"
*** RELOCKED ***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPDL-none
MICROP-none
RADIO-NONE
"

My CID is unknown now, I don't know why, but my original CID is HTCCN701.

I don't really know what to do. When I run "fastboot flash boot boot.img" with the RUU, it gives me error (batery low, even though I recharged it all night long or 000000008), and when I try it again, it runs for 20> minutes and say "too many connections".

If anyone have any tips for me, please just send it. I've waited a lot for this motherboard to arrive and now I can't use the phone. :/

unlock bootloader with same unlock_code
flash custom rom

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
unlock bootloader with same unlock_code
flash custom rom

I have already tried it, but it does not work. Now the phone says "battery low" and I can't even charge my cellphone, when I plug it on the usb or wall charger, it turns on and stays like this.

I already gone to FlashBoot and Power Down, but when I plug it again, it turns on and does not charge!

I'm lost... :/

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Depends on what rom you want that's something you have to decide for yourself. If you made a decision on which one you want to try you can come back here ;)

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
Depends on what rom you want that's something you have to decide for yourself. If you made a decision on which one you want to try you can come back here ;)

Hey man, I've decided that I want to install this rom (the phone is already unlocked and I have a TWRT smooth instaled)
teamandroid.com/rom/slim-dragon-ultimate-rom-htc-one-x-android-4-2-2-jelly-bean/

But I don't know if my CID supports it (or if I'm talking ****), because I don't know if the hboot (v 1.12.0000) that is already installed supports it.
How can I know if this seed will work on my cellphone? My CID is HTCCN701, and my main version is 2.18.1407.3.

Can you help me?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Reactions: FSCosta

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
No sense 5 roms and kitkat roms will not work, you need a higher hboot for that !

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Please check the facts first before you send a user into the woods.....hboot 1.12 does not support the latest roms.
@FSCosta do you have a stock backup ?

Could you gently help me to install a higher hboot from the information I wrote above?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I'm looking....but it's a very rare software number. So we need a firmware or a stock backup

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
I'm looking....but it's a very rare software number. So we need a firmware or a stock backup

I have found this posts:
tomsawyer.me/325.html#.UzHgm_ldW2a (use translate, it's not the best translation but it's possivle to understand).

The version he claims to be is HBOOT is 1.36... What do you think about it?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
yep downloaded it, i was still on my phone (now on laptop)....it seems genuine. all file sizes match oke. lets flash it :)

EDIT 1 : writing a tut now....make sure you start with a full battery !

EDIT 2 :

- Download the zip file and rename it to firmware.zip and place it in the fastboot folder on the pc
- Relock the bootloader with ths command :

fastboot oem lock

- Then type :

fastboot oem rebootRUU (watch the capital letters)

- Then type :

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again if the outcome is not OKE

Then type fastboot reboot (the phone probably wont boot, hold the power button + vol down button to get back to the bootloader)

Once in the bootloader you check if th hboot has changed, if so you can unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery and also a new clean rom (yes any of your liking)

Last edited:

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
yep downloaded it, i was still on my phone (now on laptop)....it seems genuine. all file sizes match oke. lets flash it :)

Ok, I'll try it. Do you have any tutorial that I must follow? I've been looking for them but I'm not pretty sure which one must I use.

One I found said: rename the file to firmware.zip, relock the phone, reboot with RUU param (fastboot oem rebootRUU) and then install the firmware... is it ok?

FSCosta

Mar 25, 2014
refresh...i have written it out for you

Man, it has worked smooth! THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I decided to install the VENOM viper X version...

They say: "MUST PERFORM FULL WIPE!!!!!
MUST FLASH BOOT.IMG IN ZIP!!!!!"

The steps I must take are:

Extract the Boot.IMG in the rar file to your fast boot folder

Set up phone in boot mode

Connect to PC

Fastboot erase cache
Fastboot flash boot boot.img
Fastboot erase cache
Boot phone in recovery mode
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik cache
Install zip from SD card -> pick rom

Is i correct?

Thank you for patience. I really appreciate your efforts and time.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Yeah flash the boot.img and go into the recovery

Make indeed a full wipe (wipe all you can except sdcard) so that means caches, data, system.....

Install the rom.zip and the installer will start. Make sure you choose the option "update only" and the full rom install. Nice choice you won't regret it.
I can also recommend some nice themes which you can find in my signature ;)

Edit :

Working recoveries

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

Or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zxfzbwewzq6hmq/twrp-recovery2.img

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No sense 5 roms and kitkat roms will not work, you need a higher hboot for that !

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1832891

check out all latest rom
    and install whatever you like..

Please check the facts first before you send a user into the woods.....hboot 1.12 does not support the latest roms.
    @FSCosta do you have a stock backup ?

EDIT 1 : writing a tut now....make sure you start with a full battery !

EDIT 2 :

- Download the zip file and rename it to firmware.zip and place it in the fastboot folder on the pc
    - Relock the bootloader with ths command :

fastboot oem lock

- Then type :

fastboot oem rebootRUU (watch the capital letters)

- Then type :

fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again if the outcome is not OKE

Then type fastboot reboot (the phone probably wont boot, hold the power button + vol down button to get back to the bootloader)

Once in the bootloader you check if th hboot has changed, if so you can unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery and also a new clean rom (yes any of your liking)
    Yeah flash the boot.img and go into the recovery

Make indeed a full wipe (wipe all you can except sdcard) so that means caches, data, system.....

Install the rom.zip and the installer will start. Make sure you choose the option "update only" and the full rom install. Nice choice you won't regret it.
    I can also recommend some nice themes which you can find in my signature ;)

Edit :

Working recoveries

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8illa53j/Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

Or

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zxfzbwewzq6hmq/twrp-recovery2.img
    Ah yeah you have hboot 1.36. The recovery that you use is not so important because they all work (touch screen issue)

I mean that you must not forget to flash the boot.img
    You must flash the boot.img from the rom.zip like is described in the steps you posted