[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84P] SlimKat - mondrianwifi - [Build 7.4][+ Weeklies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
I never had that issue on any rom on my 8.4 except this slimkat rom.
Touchwizz is working fine ;)

Sent through my beastly SM-T320 using Tapatalk 4

Understood, but I have, and a read of the other rom threads indicate that others have experienced this.

It's not a big issue for me, since all I need to do is unplug the tablet, reboot perhaps, and plug it back in to get it to 100%.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Understood, but I have, and a read of the other rom threads indicate that others have experienced this.

It's not a big issue for me, since all I need to do is unplug the tablet, reboot perhaps, and plug it back in to get it to 100%.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ditto. I've seen it in the 'stock' rebuilt threads as well as in this Slim thread.

Not sure what is different about my tablet, I have yet to experience it.

On another note, I've been trying to rebuild Slim for a little while now to update it... Having some issues since CM shuffled the device up. Might be a while before I can roll another successful Slim build.

Stuart Little

Aug 12, 2013
Utrecht
www.mailtown.tk
Ditto. I've seen it in the 'stock' rebuilt threads as well as in this Slim thread.

On another note, I've been trying to rebuild Slim for a little while now to update it... Having some issues since CM shuffled the device up. Might be a while before I can roll another successful Slim build.
Can you implent theme engine inside the new build?

Sent through my beastly SM-T320 using Tapatalk 4

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Can you implent theme engine inside the new build?

I think your question has been addressed a few times. Unless Slim implements it, I'm not going to do it on my own.

I can't even build vanilla Slim (at the moment, see the post you quoted.......), I do not have the time nor the desire to try and pull in something like Theme Engine to Slim.

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010

From what I read in the N5 thread, even the Slim devs had holy hell getting that sorted. I don't think anyone specified what they did to fix it, or I'd link you to the post.

From my Tab Pro 8.4

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Forgive my nobness but I wonder if this rom can be flashed on SM-T520.. Thanks

Sorry, mondrianwifi only (SM-T320) or the 8.4" Galaxy Tab Pro.

Looks like there's a CM port for 520 that just popped up, that bodes well for other source-built ROM's.

I have a question, everything I download is loaded to internal storage, is there any settings that it will download to the sdcard without installing an app. I do have sdfix

You can move individual apps to SD card that allow it... and of course if the app allows you to configure it. But changing the default storage became a bit trickier since JellyBean.

Last edited:

cloud71

Jan 31, 2012
apostolic.dowagiaclighthouse.com
You can move individual apps to SD card that allow it... and of course if the app allows you to configure it. But changing the default storage became a bit trickier since JellyBean.

Hmmm well is there an app that will change the default? I tryed advanced download manager, but you have to go to site through the app.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

cloud71

Jan 31, 2012
They ever look into the focus in the camera setting? still can't change focus to auto.

Also not sure if this is related but, when using the camera it will not focus unless the flash is being used.
Any suggestions?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Hmmm well is there an app that will change the default? I tryed advanced download manager, but you have to go to site through the app.

Link2SD? I've never needed to mess with this, was hoping someone would respond.

They ever look into the focus in the camera setting? still can't change focus to auto.

Also not sure if this is related but, when using the camera it will not focus unless the flash is being used.
Any suggestions?

Use CM? I think Slim may be dead for this tablet, I haven't been able to build it for a while. I'm not even thinking about fixing issues (camera, bluetooth) if I can't build it.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I use link2sd, have used this app for a few years . Its a great app

Not sure what the issue is, if you've heard of it?

Anyhoo, I think Slim has fixed the issue on their side - I just had some simple overlay problems to fix and I have a new build!! Will be flashing shortly, assuming it's good I will upload.

Stay tuned!

Edit - build 7.4 is up and ready to go - working great here!

The camera focus issue is interesting, it's still present. Only continuous is available, and the option becomes unavailable completely with the flash enabled. I may bug the Slim devs about it, not sure what could be wrong...

Last edited:

cloud71

Jan 31, 2012
I think Slim has fixed the issue on their side - I just had some simple overlay problems to fix and I have a new build!! Will be flashing shortly, assuming it's good I will upload.

Stay tuned!

The camera focus issue is interesting, it's still present. Only continuous is available, and the option becomes unavailable completely with the flash enabled. I may bug the Slim devs about it, not sure what could be wrong...

That would be great,,, would love to see the camera focus working right

cloud71

Jan 31, 2012
Got a question, you know the battery icon that shows when charging when the tab is off?

Is there a way to add that to slim?
Or atleast some other charging icon that shows how much its charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

(Official) Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

MondrianWifi downloads:
    Archive:

Slim-mondrianwifi-4.4.4.build.7.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140822-1723

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

Contributors
    @crpalmer
    SlimRoms
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP
    I use link2sd, have used this app for a few years . Its a great app

Not sure what the issue is, if you've heard of it?

Anyhoo, I think Slim has fixed the issue on their side - I just had some simple overlay problems to fix and I have a new build!! Will be flashing shortly, assuming it's good I will upload.

Stay tuned!

Hm, I'm actually a bit worse now with the new msm8974-common change...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12691845/Android/logcat_gtab.txt

@crpalmer, sorry to ping you but if you wouldn't mind giving me some suggestions.... Bluetooth was broken previously, but now wifi is as well:

Code:
    01-01 01:54:56.140 E/WifiHW  (  368): Failed to open wlan fw path param (No such file or directory)
    01-01 01:54:56.140 E/SoftapController(  368): Softap fwReload failed
    01-01 01:54:56.140 E/WifiStateMachine(  857): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '1 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 1 SoftAP command has failed'
    01-01 01:54:56.140 W/CommandListener(  368): Failed to retrieve HW addr for wlan0 (No such device)

I've updated with the prima definition and matched the dependencies you have for CM, plus a few required for Slim...

and for BT, I saw this and thought a kernel issue?

Code:
    E/bt_upio ( 3554): init_rfkill : open(/sys/class/rfkill/rfkill0/type) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Thanks!

You can ignore the rfkill error. I've never bothered to look and see if I can stop it from trying to use that (we don't need or have it).

For the wifi, my guess is that your device tree isn't right. Do you have:

TARGET_MSM8974_COMMON_WLAN_VARIANT := prima

before including the msm8974-common board config? It looks like it's not using the right "firmware" path and hitting that path is what causes wlan0 to be initialized.
    OK, audio was easily fixed... just needed to add audio-caf ;)

Other issues are still present.

Awesome. Of course this drops right as I'm heading out of town and can't flash, but that's how my life goes. If you're not sure you've got the right repo and such, ask the guys in the N5 thread. They often help people trying to make their own builds. Friendly bunch there. Thanks for your work on this (and of course crpalmer!).

From my Pro Tab 8.4

See the post I quoted, it's fixed.

I've also fixed the keyboard issue... I guess I should play with different values, but the values used for CM didn't work... default is 4, crpalmer adjusted to 5... which worked for other ROM's. I just tried 15 for fun, and it worked.

Going to attempt 6 and see if that is good enough. I'm not sure what the negative effect would be of turning up this divider tho?
    Bugs​

• Bluetooth won't enable... seems permissions related?