error while retrieving information from server. [RPC]

Search This thread

tscheckoff

Jul 26, 2010
Ok, it seems I found a solution which works for me.

I installed version 2.2.6 of the old Google Market:

com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk [1.75 MB] ( h**p://goo.gl/GfCAC )

After installing all my apps appeared in the old Market-App!

Shortly after that the Google play auto-updater kicked in and installed the Google play app. And tadaaaa: all apps are back in Google play too! :D

Note: tested and working on my Transformer TF101 running AOKP - YMMV....

Kurisu87

Jun 5, 2011
Scotland
didnt work for me I am afraid, I uninstalled google play, installed android market, it then updated itself, with same problem.

Heema

May 14, 2008
I got the same issues and had to 1-delete market cache 2- reboot phone then start play store(make sure you have good internet connections for 1st time as I had issues with 3g). As for apps you purchased and appearing as not purchased, try to purchase the same app it will give you error with a pop message asking to sign-in google wallet to complete the purchase go ahead with purchase (they will not charge you and you will receive two emails 1st order complete 2nd order canceled). When you go back to the market all purchased apps will be there.

This is how I got around my problems hope this will fix it for you..... Cheers

dspcap

Sep 1, 2010
I got the same issues and had to 1-delete market cache 2- reboot phone then start play store(make sure you have good internet connections for 1st time as I had issues with 3g). As for apps you purchased and appearing as not purchased, try to purchase the same app it will give you error with a pop message asking to sign-in google wallet to complete the purchase go ahead with purchase (they will not charge you and you will receive two emails 1st order complete 2nd order canceled). When you go back to the market all purchased apps will be there.

This worked for me, thanks.

JojoAction2000

Mar 28, 2012

This also worked on my android tablet - unfortunately on my Galaxy SII the same app was deleted afterwards. So I had to redo the same procedure on my GSII. Then I had the app on both devices. This is not very comfortable ... :confused: Google should act.

tjfoo

Aug 23, 2011
A titanium backup data restore will do, of course if you have backed up before.

Otherwise you need to try to get your market app sync your data with google's server.

This happens to me after a market data wipe.

Reactions: JojoAction2000

FixedFred

Aug 29, 2010
Aarrrgh!

UPDATE: The issue seems to be fixed, though the "My Apps" list on the web store is incomplete/truncated. Too many to display?

I've been fighting this since last Friday (3/23) with no progress. A Google rep from the Play Store (dip**** Dave) advised an OS reset, wiping everything. I was reticent, and guess what, I had a fresh OS but still no apps. I could install free apps, but still had occasional 905 and 941 errors. Paid apps were still unavailable.

I followed Heema's advice, but not with the same result; I no longer have an [RPC] error on the "All" tab of My Apps, but paid apps still don't show up. I've repeatedly attempted to re-purchase apps, but they never seem to unlock, even if the charge is immediately cancelled. This occurs on my devices and on the web store front.

Both devices (Nexus S GSM and Transformer Prime) are running stock ICS 4.0.3.

Last edited:

JojoAction2000

Mar 28, 2012
Erasing the market`s data did not help. Additionally the full wipe of my Motorolla Defy was a bad idea. Titanium backup would have been a good idea... I believe it is a bug in the play store data management. Still I have not recieved any msg from google. :-(

sent with tapatalk

ivenoev

Dec 11, 2011
Downgrading market works for me (2.3.6), can detect installed apps and download paid-before apps. But it updates itself immediately. Freezing market updater does not work. So I'm downgrading it regularly to check updates, if any. Shame on you, Google :mad:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxystwo

JojoAction2000

Mar 28, 2012
Yesterday I recieved some mail by google which proposed to erase the market's data. Yesterday it only worked for my tablet, but I had problems with my motorola defy. And today tada: After a sweeping the market's data - I see updates and all my apps even on my defy. I am still getting random rpc errors but situation is much better.

ckhl1975

Aug 22, 2010
Singapore
Google Play Store not recognising my device

I am also experiencing Google play store not allowing me to install new apps but i am able to receive updates for my z710e HTC sensation. I also found out that my device is not contacting the google play server and is not getting any update from the web installation from the new Google Play store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I seem to be having this strange issue with google market.

if I go to my apps, I only (according to play store) 1 app installed which is nit the case. Secondly, play store seems to think I have never purchased an app, eg, I have purchased titanium back up pro, but the store is yet again asking me to buy it at 4.99 where as it would usualy state 'purchased' and download. Secondly on trying to repurchase it states there was an error with the wallet, i then receive 2 emails a charge mail, and a refund message.

when i log in to the the play store on the web, it clearly shows apps that i have purchased in my account history with no price and the word 'purchased' but if I navigate manually, using search, it will state a price and ask me to pay

also i am using the same google account, i only have one.

below is an image of the error
    1. Open the "Google Play" and press the home button to return
    2. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > ALL
    3. Select the "ALL" tab > Search for "GOOGLE PLAY STORE" and press it to open.
    4. Press "Clear cache" (DO NOT PRESS CLEAR DATA!!!)
    5. Press "Force stop"
    6. Return to "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > ALL
    7. Press "Google Services Framework"
    8. Press "Clear Data"
    9. Press "Force Stop"
    10. Start "Google Playstore " , it Should give an error
    11. Reboot, once back Google Play Store should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work.

worked for me
    1. Open the "Google Play" and press the home button to return
    2. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > ALL
    3. Select the "ALL" tab > Search for "GOOGLE PLAY STORE" and press it to open.
    4. Press "Clear cache" (DO NOT PRESS CLEAR DATA!!!)
    5. Press "Force stop"
    6. Return to "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > ALL
    7. Press "Google Services Framework"
    8. Press "Clear Data"
    9. Press "Force Stop"
    10. Start "Google Playstore " , it Should give an error
    11. Reboot, once back Google Play Store should work, if it gives an error it could need another minute to work.

worked for me

thanks man its worked for me

This worked for me, thanks.

Delete data and force close market app. Then remove your google account linked to the market app. Add the google account back and then start the market app. Should be back to normal. This solution works for a number of custom ROM market failures/errors.