Flash to boost - or repair

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Shouldn't be in this section, you should know that...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

trim81

Feb 11, 2006
No need for root to repair.

As long as the default samsung password works, it should be the same.

But I don't have my phone in hand yet. So I cannot confirm if default password work

trim81

Feb 11, 2006
So yes, I'm now on boost mobile with the note2.

For some reason this phone wouldn't do the ota activation or sprint zone activation trick.

I had to manually insert everything in qpst.

Working good now

Now need to work on mns

Chanman

May 24, 2007

For some reason this phone wouldn't do the ota activation or sprint zone activation trick.

Working good now

Now need to work on mns

Trim, how were you able to get in and repair MEID? I used *#7284# to set the UART and USB to modem, but once I do that, Windows won't recognize the device. I do see a notification about "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM" but no driver can be found.

If I set UART/USB back to PDA I can get Windows to recognize the device using mskip's device drivers.

trim81

Feb 11, 2006
I'm not at home now... But look into the s3 forum, the repair method is the same, I used alpineman method.

But this phone is easier, in that no dfs is needed... Everything is repairable with qpst.

Like mentioned tho. I'm not sure if the towers or down or not.. But it will never take an ota activation both via profile 0 or wifi.
I ended having to input the settings manually via qpst

I won't go into spoon feeding, and step by step, it's already published - - look into the galaxy s3 forum

I used the same program versions as that thread

Chanman

May 24, 2007
Still having problems

Edit

I used qpst 2.7 build 378

Still cannot get into my phone.. hopefully you or someone else has more knowledge about this..

I installed the Toolkit drivers, then I put ##3424# into the phone. I pressed "Qualcomm USB Setting" and switched it to DM+MODEM+ADB and clicked OK, then switched UART to "CDMA MODEM", then plugged in the phone. At this point Windows correctly installs the drivers and I have a "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM7)" under the device manager, and no abnormal status icon, so the driver installed correctly. But when I go to QPST I always see "No Phone" and the phone is never detected. I also get the same results if I put UART on "PDA" instead.. doesn't make a difference. Because QPST is in "No Phone" I can't get into to program it.

I also tried another way, *#7284*, then putting UART on MODEM and USB on MODEM, this time, Windows detects the device as a "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM", not as a Samsung device. I installed the generic Qualcomm driver manually and QPST does detect the phone properly and I can get in, but I CANNOT read any of the crucial NVItems such as ds_mip_ss_user_prof (NVItem 466), QXDM always returns CFS_ERROR BAD PARAM, and I can't read these settings using DFS either. I tried writing it in DFS "blind" (since I cannot read to see
if it wrote correctly) but I still have no 3G, only 1xRTT and voice.

I have also tried many different USB cables and different Windows computers, always the same result. This is a brand new phone from Sprint, never been activated, is that the reason?

This is really frustrating, anyone out there seen this type of thing before? Spent days on this already.

Reactions: NSS1995

Chanman

May 24, 2007
Still cannot get into my phone.. hopefully you or someone else has more knowledge about this..

I installed the Toolkit drivers, then I put ##3424# into the phone. I pressed "Qualcomm USB Setting" and switched it to DM+MODEM+ADB and clicked OK, then switched UART to "CDMA MODEM", then plugged in the phone. At this point Windows correctly installs the drivers and I have a "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM7)" under the device manager, and no abnormal status icon, so the driver installed correctly. But when I go to QPST I always see "No Phone" and the phone is never detected. I also get the same results if I put UART on "PDA" instead.. doesn't make a difference. Because QPST is in "No Phone" I can't get into to program it.

I also tried another way, *#7284*, then putting UART on MODEM and USB on MODEM, this time, Windows detects the device as a "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM", not as a Samsung device. I installed the generic Qualcomm driver manually and QPST does detect the phone properly and I can get in, but I CANNOT read any of the crucial NVItems such as ds_mip_ss_user_prof (NVItem 466), QXDM always returns CFS_ERROR BAD PARAM, and I can't read these settings using DFS either. I tried writing it in DFS "blind" (since I cannot read to see

I have also tried many different USB cables and different Windows computers, always the same result. This is a brand new phone from Sprint, never been activated, is that the reason?

This is really frustrating, anyone out there seen this type of thing before? Spent days on this already.

Yes!!! I did it. I thought I would share what worked for me in hopes that this will help others.

I ended up using *#7284* and then putting UART and USB both on MODEM. As I mentioned in my previous post, this causes the device to be detected as "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". I had to install a specific generic Qualcomm driver, which I have included in this post. After that, since I was only able to use QXDM/QPST/DFS to write the voice specific settings and HA profile (not passwords), the thing that ended up working for me was CDMA Workshop's free NVItem writer. Using this tool I was not able to read the crucial NVItems (466 and 1192), but I was able to write them. I did a byte-for-byte identical write, cloning the NVItems from the original phone (which I was able to read from). After the tool indicated the items were successfully written I rebooted the phone and everything worked!

Attachments

• qualcomm-cdma-technologies-msm-driver.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,804

iwin2000

Nov 2, 2009
guys I'm stuck, I'm not able to connect to my galaxy note 2 no matter what I try.I followed Chanman's post and was still unable to connect to my note 2 using the driver he provided. Are there any special steps I need to take because it's just not working for me. :(

Chanman

May 24, 2007
guys I'm stuck, I'm not able to connect to my galaxy note 2 no matter what I try.I followed Chanman's post and was still unable to connect to my note 2 using the driver he provided. Are there any special steps I need to take because it's just not working for me. :(

The driver I included in my post is a Win32 driver only. If you have Windows 7 64-bit it won't work. I had to use this particular driver on a 32-bit Windows XP machine. Sorry for not including that information in my post. You might be able to make a virtual machine to get the driver to load. I wasn't able to find a 64-bit Qualcomm CDMA MSM driver.

Reactions: iwin2000

iwin2000

Nov 2, 2009
Ok I finally got this freaking phone connected and readable after messing it with with 1.5 days and I figured I would let you guys know.

What I had to do what go in to *#7284# mode, set both UART and USB as PDA (NOT MODEM), then go into Qualcomm USB Settings at the bottom and select either of the two options at the bottom (RNDIS+DM+MODEM or DM+MODEM+ADB, as long as it has DM in it it will connect).

As a result of this you will get a series of new devices connecting to your PC (visible on Device Manager), including one called SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM #), not Qualcomm CDMA MSM driver (if you get Qualcomm then you did it wrong, I wasn't able to connect to the phone using Qualcomm drivers posted above, although I'm not refuting Chanman's claim that it worked for him, I just couldn't get it working myself)

Now the drivers for the Galaxy Note 2 that you need installed are available here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c..._L900_Note_II_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0.exe

I believe if you get the Galaxy Note 2 toolkit, those are the same drivers, but I prefer to get them directly from the source to avoid any issues. :)

Now I will continue by following the directions in the galaxy s3 thread as trim81 suggested, and I will report back (hopefully in a few hours).

Thanks for everyone's support.

Last edited:

Chanman

May 24, 2007
Ok I finally got this freaking phone connected and readable after messing it with with 1.5 days and I figured I would let you guys know.

What I had to do what go in to *#7284# mode, set both UART and USB as PDA (NOT MODEM), then go into Qualcomm USB Settings at the bottom and select either of the two options at the bottom (RNDIS+DM+MODEM or DM+MODEM+ADB, as long as it has DM in it it will connect).

As a result of this you will get a series of new devices connecting to your PC (visible on Device Manager), including one called SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM #), not Qualcomm CDMA MSM driver (if you get Qualcomm then you did it wrong, I wasn't able to connect to the phone using Qualcomm drivers posted above, although I'm not refuting Chanman's claim that it worked for him, I just couldn't get it working myself)

Now the drivers for the Galaxy Note 2 that you need installed are available here: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c..._L900_Note_II_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0.exe

I believe if you get the Galaxy Note 2 toolkit, those are the same drivers, but I prefer to get them directly from the source to avoid any issues. :)

Now I will continue by following the directions in the galaxy s3 thread as trim81 suggested, and I will report back (hopefully in a few hours).

Happy this worked for you. I believe this is the standard way to get into the phone (these instructions are all over Youtube and the S3 forum). The reason why I had to do things differently is that when I tried that approach, even though the devices show up as "Samsung" without any errors in Device Manager, QPST and DFS show "no phone" or can't connect to the port, even though it's there. Maybe I just got unlucky, or you got lucky, or both :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did a full tutorial to flash Galaxy Note 2 to Boost mobile at this link if anyone is interested I appreciate any and all feedback if anything needs to be corrected

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/1825-Galaxy-Note-2-to-Boost-Mobile?p=15800#post15800

Yes!!! I did it. I thought I would share what worked for me in hopes that this will help others.

I ended up using *#7284* and then putting UART and USB both on MODEM. As I mentioned in my previous post, this causes the device to be detected as "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM". I had to install a specific generic Qualcomm driver, which I have included in this post. After that, since I was only able to use QXDM/QPST/DFS to write the voice specific settings and HA profile (not passwords), the thing that ended up working for me was CDMA Workshop's free NVItem writer. Using this tool I was not able to read the crucial NVItems (466 and 1192), but I was able to write them. I did a byte-for-byte identical write, cloning the NVItems from the original phone (which I was able to read from). After the tool indicated the items were successfully written I rebooted the phone and everything worked!
    FLASH SPRINT GALAXY note II to BOOST mobile

Respect to trim81,
    ----'''''
    My manual for properly flashing galaxy note 2 to boost in 30 minutes or less has been removed.
    I will start my own thread later and apologize for stepping on your turf bro.
    If anyone wants the manual you can PM me.

Working good now

Now need to work on mns