module flying android doesn't work

Search This thread

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
@Jimmy34742: Sorry, I had tested "flying status bar" only when "auto pin" is enabled. The version 0.6.5 has bugs in flags of pin.
But I cannot see other problems (white list, pin's behavior in Solid Explorer and not fly when there are only ongoing notifications.) In particular, I haven't the slightest idea about the white list's problem because its setting works the same as the black list's. Maybe you might not be able to save the black list too. Or I had uploaded other APK?
@coolkaas: Thank you for taking that on.

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
@Jimmy34742: But I cannot see other problems (white list, pin's behavior in Solid Explorer and not fly when there are only ongoing notifications.) In particular, I haven't the slightest idea about the white list's problem because its setting works the same as the black list's. Maybe you might not be able to save the black list too.
Actually, the black list now also doesn't work for me. I added three apps to the black list a few versions ago, and those apps are still in the black list. But now I can't add any new apps to the black list, which is the same problem I have with the white list.

As I said, the pin used to work in Solid Explorer for me, but now it doesn't. It's not just Solid Explorer. When I pin gReader, for example, I can't scroll the gReader window. This means that, for me, pinning has no useful function.

I think I made a mistake before about the status bar. It works if I select something for Pin position. But I thought I could leave Pin position at "none" and check "Flying status bar." That way, the status bar would pin, but none of the apps. I tried it this way because of the problem I'm having with the white list (and black list).

Also, I still have to touch the status bar's pin two times to fly the status bar. In other words, when I open the status bar, the pin shows that it's ready to fly, but it doesn't fly until I toggle the pin two times.

EDIT: After I fly BitTorrentSync, I'm no longer able to open its settings under the menu button. In other words, I fly and then unfly BitTorrentSync. When I press the menu button, I pops up a tiny white box in the center of the screen. If I kill the app and restart it, the setting work correctly until I fly/unfly the app again. I wonder if other apps experience this same bug.

Last edited:
Reactions: tkgktyk

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Actually, the black list now also doesn't work for me. I added three apps to the black list a few versions ago, and those apps are still in the black list. But now I can't add any new apps to the black list, which is the same problem I have with the white list.

Settings of black and white list use Android's Preferences. And other settings also use it. Therefore, other settings might not be working correctly too. well... I suggest to reinstall FA.
Or... black / white list are specialized to support GB from 0.6.3. If you used black list correctly in 0.6.2 and not touched it later, this problem was caused by it. Do you remember?
I worry about the other issues, but first let's fix the settings.

Last edited:

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Wiped data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled FA, but no change: I can't modify the white or black lists and pinned apps won't scroll while flying. I restored my previous 0.6.5 installation and settings using Android Tuner, this time as a system app, but it didn't restore the settings properly. The restored app also has no control over the black and white lists, so those three apps that used to be on my black list are now removed from it, which isn't good.

I don't actually remember when the black list stopped working because I didn't need to make any more changes to it, but 0.6.2 sounds about right. I only discovered the problem when I started using the white list. I could restore 0.6.2 using Android Tuner if you want to test.

I should describe the status bar problem this way: it always opens in the pinned state regardless of the appearance of the pin icon.

Last edited:

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
@Jimmy34742: Thank you for attempting them. After getting the results, I decide to stop supporting GB.

Settings are very basically function, so I must fix the problem at first to isolate other problems. I'm going to remove specialized codes for GB in the next version. Then the new version will have settings processed like v0.6.2. I expect that black / white lists work fine and fix some other problems at the same time. (Though leave pin bugs on status bar...)
I'll update on Sunday.
@coolkaas: I'm sorry, but I'm going to cut off GB support from current FA's branch. Please retest later because I am scheduling to release my codes after stable 0.6.

Reactions: Jimmy34742

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
the partial-scroll-while-pinned problem

More information about the fail-to scroll-while-pinned problem. I discovered that Solid Explorer sometimes does scroll while pinned, but it will only scroll the amount it would have scrolled without flying. In other words, if I open a folder in Solid Explorer and it shows all but four of the folder's items, then I can scroll it four slots. When I fly that same window, it doesn't show as many items, so I will need to scroll more than four slots. But when I pin that window, it will still only scroll four slots and won't scroll all the way to the bottom. If the unflying window would have shown all items without scrolling, then the pinned window won't scroll at all. I think other apps might have the same partial-scroll-while-pinned problem.

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
0.6.6:

1) status bar pin works correctly
2) still partial pin functionality: can't get full scroll inside pinned windows
3) white and black lists still don't work.

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
Actually, the status bar isn't working 100% correctly. When I open it by swiping down from the top, it opens pinned and non-flying. If I there is a "clear" button available, then I un-pin and fly the window so that I can reach the "clear" button. After pressing the "clear" button, the window is dismissed. The next time I open the status bar, it opens as already flying, with the pin correctly showing the un-pinned state. In other words, the status bar's pin is always correct, and the status bar flies without a problem, but dismissing the status bar via an item inside of it fails to re-set the status bar's flying and pin states. On the other hand, if I always dismiss the status bar window via the back button, then everything works correctly.

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
0.6.6:
3) white and black lists still don't work.

I'm so sad to hear that. :crying:

That aside...
For status bar, I'll pin it when it is dismissed.
For the partial-scroll-while-pinned problem, I can understand that there is the problem on your phone, but I cannot reproduce it. Maybe... I saw the problem already, but I might not think it as a problem for me. Umm... if a pinned window is out of the screen partially, I cannot see all the items even if scroll. It's not what you meant?

Jimmy34742

Jul 1, 2011
成都
if a pinned window is out of the screen partially, I cannot see all the items even if scroll. It's not what you meant?
I mean that the pinned window will scroll regardless of its position, but it won't scroll all the way to its last item. It will only scroll the same number of positions that it would have scrolled before flying.

More info on the black list problem: if I select an app and then do "show only black," it lists no apps and then the check box is cleared for that app. It sucks because I'm no longer able to black list my keyboard app, which frequently ends up flying accidentally even though I would never fly the keyboard. It's confusing when the keyboard flies inside another app.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

For status bar, I'll pin it when it is dismissed.
Perhaps make it a user option? Either behavior might be desirable sometimes--it's hard for me to tell until I've used the app longer.

Last edited:

tkgktyk

Jan 27, 2014
Hi! I have a good news. I create a thread for Flying Android. It is entirely thanks to you!
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/mod-flying-android-t2717372
(I'm going to increase contents.)

I mean that the pinned window will scroll regardless of its position, but it won't scroll all the way to its last item. It will only scroll the same number of positions that it would have scrolled before flying.

Umm... I cannot reproduce the phenomenon.:crying:
On the other hand, other reported problem that options menu shown by menu key grows smaller was reproduced! But this problem is not easily too.:(

More info on the black list problem: if I select an app and then do "show only black," it lists no apps and then the check box is cleared for that app. It sucks because I'm no longer able to black list my keyboard app, which frequently ends up flying accidentally even though I would never fly the keyboard. It's confusing when the keyboard flies inside another app.

Thanks to this info, I found a new attempt (modifying code). Please continued cooperate.

Perhaps make it a user option? Either behavior might be desirable sometimes--it's hard for me to tell until I've used the app longer.

Although still I don't think deeply about its approach of realization, I want to be able to both.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    version 0.6.0 causing other apps to FC all over the place. I had to revert to 0.5.6.

Thanks for your message, I fixed the bug at version 0.6.1 already uploaded.
    0.6.1 is not working correctly. I can't control the black list: the checkboxes for each app don't work. The "Show only black" checkbox works. But once I open the black list, Flying Android stops working correctly until the next time I reboot my phone: when I fly an app, the fly window turns into Flying Android's app window, and when I unfly, my context has been switched to FA. If I reboot and don't open FA, it works correctly.

In addition, with 0.6.x, I'm now able to fly gReader and my phone app, which I couldn't do before.

Also, AquaMail now flies, and Firefox flies without displaying messed up graphics.
    With 0.5.6, I couldn't even use my phone app. I don't mean flying it, I mean it wouldn't work and I couldn't answer calls with FA enabled. I'd have to disable FA in Xposed and then reboot to make a call. But now it's ok.

Is it possible to add an option to disable FA without having to reboot? I've seen other Xposed modules that have a disable feature.

Could you answer calls with 0.5.6 if appends the phone app to the black list? It works as FA is disabled if the app is added to the black list.
    Now, I uploaded FA version 0.6.3. The new version can change settings without rebooting, requires to recreate Activity instead.
    Thank you for details. I have understood the problem as last. In version 0.6.4, I fixed the bug that cause to FC in call on Galaxy. I tested by Galaxy Note, but I think that other Galaxy devices are same behavior.

EDIT: I want to suggest a new feature: fly the pull-down notification window. When I open notifications, I can't clear them one-handed because I can't reach the "clear" button.

That's a nice idea! very very good!
    Although I had tried to stack notifications from bottom for one-handed operations before, it is failed. I couldn't come up with your idea.
    I am going to start the challenge after FA has been a little more stable.
    Thank you for details. I have understood the problem as last. In version 0.6.4, I fixed the bug that cause to FC in call on Galaxy. I tested by Galaxy Note, but I think that other Galaxy devices are same behavior.
    The "in call" bug is fixed on my Galaxy S4. So I took the phone app contacts off the blacklist, and they fly correctly. The pin options look good, and option changes take effect after restarting apps that were already running so that we don't have to reboot.

EDIT: suggestion: I only find the pin function useful in a few apps (that do internal scrolling). It's annoying to display the pin for apps that don't need it because I might accidentally touch it. So I suggest a whitelist for the pin function.